Bringers of the Dawn Redux

Muxel

Dagobah Resident
A fresh attempt at making sense of a classic channeled work.

The Cassiopaeans identify with the ‘Pleiadians Plus’ of Bringers of the Dawn, and there are many parts of the book that compel one to see why. A tad self-referential and with a touch of chronological awareness, the text contains such delightful bits as:
never take anything we say literally
Another energy will be able to say, "Well, when the Pleiadians were showing you this, it was very good…"
[After describing what the ‘Dark T-shirts’ are doing, and have done, to us] We play the same game.
And finally, the strong opener:
We Pleiadians come from your future.

Who are they to begin with? The Pleiadians Plus have their semantic counterpart in Ra’s Confederation of Planets. For first we must understand that, if the reader of Mouravieff perceives a ‘Biblical gloss’, then one reading BotD or Ra must penetrate the ‘channeled gloss’ that couches meaning in an allegory of sorts, even if that allegory is as plain as that of an unseen actor channeling material through a medium. So it is that for BotD we have an extensive fantastical story told to us, but if we crane our heads a certain way we might just be able to catch a hint of meaning.

For what else does Pleiadians Plus, or a Confederation, signify but a coming together of different and independent parties, who are united thus in some fashion? It is as C’s have described themselves too. And at that level there is only one thing that can possibly unite such beings in such totality: light, which is knowledge. Hence it is understanding that unites them, a shared and common knowing that coordinates the actions of each’s own accord.

Muxel said:
A fresh attempt at making sense of a classic channeled work.

The Cassiopaeans identify with the ‘Pleiadians Plus’ of Bringers of the Dawn, and there are many parts of the book that compel one to see why. A tad self-referential and with a touch of chronological awareness, the text contains such delightful bits as:
never take anything we say literally
Another energy will be able to say, "Well, when the Pleiadians were showing you this, it was very good…"
[After describing what the ‘Dark T-shirts’ are doing, and have done, to us] We play the same game.
And finally, the strong opener:

Who are they to begin with? The Pleiadians Plus have their semantic counterpart in Ra’s Confederation of Planets. For first we must understand that, if the reader of Mouravieff perceives a ‘Biblical gloss’, then one reading BotD or Ra must penetrate the ‘channeled gloss’ that couches meaning in an allegory of sorts, even if that allegory is as plain as that of an unseen actor channeling material through a medium. So it is that for BotD we have an extensive fantastical story told to us, but if we crane our heads a certain way we might just be able to catch a hint of meaning.

For what else does Pleiadians Plus, or a Confederation, signify but a coming together of different and independent parties, who are united thus in some fashion? It is as C’s have described themselves too. And at that level there is only one thing that can possibly unite such beings in such totality: light, which is knowledge. Hence it is understanding that unites them, a shared and common knowing that coordinates the actions of each’s own accord.
I think you're right about the bolded statements. My take is that it comes from the same source as the C's yet Barbara Marciniak wasn't a clear a channel as Laura et al so the information coming through would certainly have been glossed with Barbara's biases. Barbara hadn't learnt how to see through/understand the messages like Laura either and on top of that they weren't being asked the "right" questions? Plus maybe it just wasn't the right "time" for anything more true to be revealed.

Here is my take...

BotD - I think of the 3 main channeled material i.e. Ra, Cs and Ps, the medium of the Ps appears to be the most new age type in that BotD has this thing about it that gives you warmth. The name of the book is quite appropriate I think in that regard. Its like a rising sun.

The book and concepts if anything must have added meaning to the lives of so many people out there, to make them endure through what are otherwise tough times. It must have brought a sought of 'dawn' to these people, made it appear they had purpose and that the hardship they may endure in life has meaning, meaning towards a greater purpose. I can envision many people who may have simply given up... called it a day and checked out.

Also, I think the book spread quite far and I may be wrong, but I think out of the Ps, Ra and Cs, chances are the Ps are the ones who are known by the widest audience. I only say that because I think they've been lots of attempts to channel them from many people, not just Barbara who as far as I'm aware is the one true channel of them.

I think the book BotD, the Ps serve a different purpose to the Cs & Ra. Maybe ultimately its all the same purpose, but from my limited view, I can categorize the Ps as representing endurance, like the morning sun, that glow from the horizon. Only in the sense that it added meaning to people through making them feel warm, but a warmth aimed to help these people endure. The Ra for example to me introduced the concept of STO/STS. This was there thrust I thought. From reading there stuff, you don't get the warmth you get from BotD. The Cs for me represent self-work. Out of the 3, they are no doubt the most 4th way oriented. The message is hard work on self, on research, its about forging something, the grind, the immersion into the furnace. It is about producing a human being that can climb up those esoteric stairways. Sadly, this message is not for everyone as we know selfwork, 4th way stuff is quite tough.

All in all, going back to the Ps, I think to an audience that is more attune with 4th way philosophy, the message appears airy without much substance. To those who may have a spiritual inclination but are not yet ready for tough self work, it can be what keeps them going, what keeps their light shining. Its easy to give up otherwise if there is no reason for the suffering or hope for the future.

luke wilson said:
Here is my take...

BotD - I think of the 3 main channeled material i.e. Ra, Cs and Ps, the medium of the Ps appears to be the most new age type in that BotD has this thing about it that gives you warmth. The name of the book is quite appropriate I think in that regard. Its like a rising sun.

The book and concepts if anything must have added meaning to the lives of so many people out there, to make them endure through what are otherwise tough times. It must have brought a sought of 'dawn' to these people, made it appear they had purpose and that the hardship they may endure in life has meaning, meaning towards a greater purpose. I can envision many people who may have simply given up... called it a day and checked out.

Also, I think the book spread quite far and I may be wrong, but I think out of the Ps, Ra and Cs, chances are the Ps are the ones who are known by the widest audience. I only say that because I think they've been lots of attempts to channel them from many people, not just Barbara who as far as I'm aware is the one true channel of them.

I think the book BotD, the Ps serve a different purpose to the Cs & Ra. Maybe ultimately its all the same purpose, but from my limited view, I can categorize the Ps as representing endurance, like the morning sun, that glow from the horizon. Only in the sense that it added meaning to people through making them feel warm, but a warmth aimed to help these people endure. The Ra for example to me introduced the concept of STO/STS. This was there thrust I thought. From reading there stuff, you don't get the warmth you get from BotD. The Cs for me represent self-work. Out of the 3, they are no doubt the most 4th way oriented. The message is hard work on self, on research, its about forging something, the grind, the immersion into the furnace. It is about producing a human being that can climb up those esoteric stairways. Sadly, this message is not for everyone as we know selfwork, 4th way stuff is quite tough.

All in all, going back to the Ps, I think to an audience that is more attune with 4th way philosophy, the message appears airy without much substance. To those who may have a spiritual inclination but are not yet ready for tough self work, it can be what keeps them going, what keeps their light shining. Its easy to give up otherwise if there is no reason for the suffering or hope for the future.

Great summation Luke, that's the feeling I got after listening to the latest P session by Marciniak
there's was a thread about it here http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,38655.0.html

it was reassuring and warm with a lot of good points, but there didn't seem to be anything practical in it, some of the responses to questions relating to earth change's subject, sink holes, sound's in the sky etc where way off, at least from the point of view of EU theory, although that may be just a limitation of the Barbara's knowledge.

Actually what you wrote reminded me of this quote from Meetings with Remarkable Men

The sermons of these two brethren, who are to an almost equal degree holy men and who speak the same truths, have nevertheless a different effect on all our brethren and on me in particular.

When Brother Sez speaks it is indeed like the song of the birds in Paradise; from what he says one is quite, so to say, turned inside out; one becomes as though entranced. His speech purls like a stream and one no longer wishes anything else in life but to listen to the voice of Brother Sez. But Brother Ahl's speech has almost the opposite effect. He speaks badly and indistinctly, evidently because of his age. No one knows how old he is. Brother Sez is also very old, but he is still a hale old man, whereas in Brother Ahl the weakness of old age is clearly evident.

The stronger the impression made at the moment by the words of Brother Sez, the more this impression evaporates until there ultimately remains in the hearer nothing at all. But in the case of Brother Ahl, although at first what he says makes almost no impression, later, the gist of it takes on definite form, more and more each day, and is instilled as a whole into the heart and remains there forever.

When we became aware of this and began trying to discover why it was so, we came to the unanimous conclusion that the sermons of Brother Sez proceeded only from his mind and therefore acted on our minds, whereas those of Brother Ahl proceeded from his being and acted on our being.

Yes, professor, knowledge and understanding are quite different. Only understanding can lead us to being whereas knowledge is but a passing presence in it.

luke wilson said:
The Ra for example to me introduced the concept of STO/STS. This was there thrust I thought.

Even with Ra you get a certain 'gloss', in this case that of a very literal, systematic (might I say scientific?) speaker who is proponent of a 'Law of One' from which everything bifurcates. So you get lots of binary-esque terminology like learn/teach and teach/learn (that echo the yin-yang symbol in that the 'seed' of one manifests in its seeming opposite). Only natural that Ra would have systematized STS/STO too. But, and this is my opinion, we should keep in mind that while Ra's stylistic lens (or 'gloss') certainly has value, it is only one way of looking at the elephant.

Yeah, I tend to agree with what you all said. I haven't read all of Bringers of the Dawn or the other P's material. I've read all the Law of One/Ra books. I think these two other sources (which are also supposed to be 6th Density STO) are probably the best channeled material after the C's. Although, the Seth/Jane Roberts material is up there too, but, again, I haven't read all of that either.

I think the strongly held beliefs of the channeller makes a big impact on the message, as we've seen. Even Laura's (besides others' at the sessions) beliefs had an influence on the messages and how they were delivered. But Laura is kinda unique in that she can change her views based on new data and research, no matter how painful or uncomfortable doing that is. And I think the C's know how hard Laura is willing to work to get at the truth, so they've invested in such a long contact with a relatively consistent message. And the density of the C's material is remarkable - how much they say with so few words.

As has been said before, Don Elkins was the real channel for Ra, as after his death, the contact with that source stopped. Carla was a unique vehicle with very open channeling abilities, that's what made the communications viable (like "Frank" at the beginning of the C's experiment). But she also had very rigid beliefs which, as we know, were quite problematic, including Ra being unable to warn Don that he was under huge STS attack and should take measures to protect from being destroyed. The other strange thing with Ra is the stilted, almost archaic language.

Anyway, the history of channeling is fascinating, and these are the best example I know of. Oh, also, I read Thirty Years Among the Dead a while back, and that had the strong belief problem pretty conspicuously present to (again, some good info came through with a decided bias/gloss). FWIW.

SeekinTruth said:
Even Laura's (besides others' at the sessions) beliefs had an influence on the messages and how they were delivered.
And that could be said to be the 'gloss' of the Cassiopaean material. With the C's you get a very direct, contemporary, Q&A-style channeling. Finally, it seems, one is able to 'speak to God' and not have him talk back to you in parables! The sky is the limit! Ah, but now it is the 'Receiver' that limits. You have a source that straightforwardly tells you that it is not able to tell you certain things! And outright withholds many things! Therein is the 'gloss'. Note also that while the C's told us the accuracy of other channeled material, they said they were not able to measure that of their own.

Muxel said:
Note also that while the C's told us the accuracy of other channeled material, they said they were not able to measure that of their own.

Can you please provide a reference for the above?

obyvatel said:
Muxel said:
Note also that while the C's told us the accuracy of other channeled material, they said they were not able to measure that of their own.

Can you please provide a reference for the above?

12/31/97 session
Q: Okay, if we apply the same formula to the C's, your
material, what percentage would you give?
A: Not up to us to measure.
Q: Is there some issue about asking this question of accuracy
that needs to be addressed? One main thing is: the presence
of certain persons. Some sessions were more accurate than
others depending upon who was present...
A: You got it!!!
Q: Therefore, it would be difficult to assess an accuracy
rating for the C's themselves...
A: Bingo!
Q: But, we CAN assess the material itself, keeping in mind
that some parts can be more accurate than others...
A: 71.7.
Q: Okay, that takes into account corruption from different
people, typos, reconstruction, and so forth. And, the same
applies to the Ra Material...
So the accuracy for other material or the Cs material can be measured by the Cs but the Cs measuring themselves doesn't make sense.

Methinks the C's protesteth too much! :P

With Ra, with Don as the contact, the question should be why he ended up being the weakest link in that chain. Also, after his death, Ra didn't leave the scene, but others came aboard to balance the new situation with Carla and Jim alone on deck... thus the Quo appellation... of teacher/student Ra/and one of the L's in 5d transition to 6th locale, can't remember exactly which of the L groups it was as there were 3 or 4 of them in their extended family. Hattoon often rode along in the back seat, as it was the starter group in many cases, perhaps that Detroit group that Don experienced as well and which is up on their site. Essentially, after Don, the channel restrictions had to take the energy down some. If you've read the commentary above the Ra Sessions, you will find the emotional roller coaster ride quite interesting around the time of the attacks, which again is interesting in that Don was their focus. The Q&A continued as well after the regular channeling with Carla but with Jim at the helm during question time... which was encouraged by the Quo grouping, but after so many years, Jim stopped for some reason, leaving Carla and her trainees at the helm. Not sure why Jim took the backseat... again, interesting, as this whole scenario is so much like the Cs with Laura and company... very interesting to watch the pattern unfold. The LL group hasn't held a session since Carla's surgery over a year ago, which as Ms Laura has stated might show some channel blockage, as Carla is or was a diehard mystical Christian type... that 'in the name of Jesus' bit that the Quo group seemed to reference as well... the road to objectivity is anything but peaceful and who can blame a wanderer seeking a challenge along the way? ;D No pain, no gain, right? :cool: Was the language by Ra stilted or restricted by means of the channel? the same restrictions based in belief then as now it seems. The warning signs are all over the place, at least looking at it in hindsight of course, as I never heard of any of this 'new age' stuff when I was reading them, so the connections weren't noticed as much, but the oddities were there, such as that oft mentioned 'stilted' language... a sign perhaps not noticied?

As for BoTD? She goes into a trance, right? and records herself or has someone with her do it, right? Or she used to, how did she do it during that recent outing? The P's sounded a little more 'hip' or casual than in that popular book which was compiled from many sessions by an editor, 'under the influence', osis, in way of assistance.

As for all of these 6d sources, aren't they all part of the same family vis a vis the Logos? Higher self connection to higher self of their higher selves to the one source in 7d, thus perhaps the reason the Cs said 'we' when asked about the origin of messages, the social memory units are 'one' or at least the connection is well established by then and rather obvious, right? This conversation is more Quo stuff, but without the particulars that the Cs made use of, it usually gets unnoticed... Ra/Quo quite often would metion the limitations of the channel, Carla... and was it really a question of science volcabulary? methinks not, or at least mostly not, but rather the restrictions of beliefs... a karmic or at least a preincarnatively chosen restriction osis, one she's had so much 'fun' with over the years.... Oh, what a challenge, right?! :shock: Some baggage is very difficult to get rid of unless and until it is seen as unuseful and a burden, and perhaps this is the problem, same as always it seems. Compare the skewing of the data on that Jesus dude by both Carla and Laura, so similiar... but given the difficulties, perhaps the preincarnative program or blueprint was adjusted in Laura's case for a course correction as it didn't seem highly productive in Carla's case... so the pattern is given a twist and Laura is given Jim's duties as well growing up as the hard core shift from emotion to intellect goes back and forth to achieve balance. Interesting... haven't seen the next set in the matrix, but surely there is one, right? :lol: Times' running out, right? Before we do it all again? Let's do the time warp again! :D

Operating from zero time, you can literally feel the Ra groups sense of ennui knowing how the situation will develop, and not given enough time to achieve a course correction, and building on this issue, the Ps are able to prepare the show for the next performance of the trio and set the stage for Laura and company with the teasing of the Cs who know that this time, with the necessary pinch on the neck, that the course of the energy flow can be adjusted and keep the ship called Earth on its intended or preferred projection into the next level of the game. They know they'll have enough time... as long as they keep their player in the game, which seemed to have been the biggest obstacle faced. The longer the journey, the more obstacles thrown in the path, which changes as the players change, just enough to keep it interesting, right? ;) It's all just an experiment on both sides of the equation, right? A cosmic joke, as we are the marbles being thrown by versions of ourselves as sub-sub logoi... extensions of them all, which is but an extension of the Logos, right? Isn't that how the Cs put it when Laura was asking about the smallest forms?

Muxel said:
luke wilson said:
The Ra for example to me introduced the concept of STO/STS. This was there thrust I thought.

Even with Ra you get a certain 'gloss', in this case that of a very literal, systematic (might I say scientific?) speaker who is proponent of a 'Law of One' from which everything bifurcates. So you get lots of binary-esque terminology like learn/teach and teach/learn (that echo the yin-yang symbol in that the 'seed' of one manifests in its seeming opposite). Only natural that Ra would have systematized STS/STO too. But, and this is my opinion, we should keep in mind that while Ra's stylistic lens (or 'gloss') certainly has value, it is only one way of looking at the elephant.

Muxel,

I too noticed what you call the binary-esque terminology in the Ra material with the learn/teach and teach/learn. Another for me was space/time and time/space. The one term or usage that kind of bothered me the most was the use of the word "distortion". I had to re-think every time they used the word to see what the meaning might really be.

In The Law of One, Book I, Session 1 is an example:

Firstly, you must understand that the distinction between yourself and
others is not visible to us. We do not consider that a separation exists
between the consciousness-raising efforts of the distortion which you
project as a personality and the distortion that you project as another
personality. Thus, to learn is the same as to teach unless you are not
teaching what you are learning; in which case you have done you/them little
good. This understanding should be pondered by your mind/body/spirit
complex as it is a distortion which plays a part in your experiences at this
nexus.

When you say "gloss" I am guessing you may mean "style" or a certain bias?

From the Bringers of the Dawn one of the things that stood out to me was Barbara's mention of our "space cousins" and that they would play a part in the coming events. I don't have the reference handy but I can look for it if needed.

Anyway, you guys do have interesting observations that sort pulled me into the conversation. I hope I am not just adding noise.

Presumably that for a proponent of a 'Law of One', everything be seen as a 'distortion' thereof. I didn't read too much into it. Don may have asked for clarification at one point--I do not know--the Ra Material is nothing if not meticulous!

My impression is that by mentioning "gloss", Muxel is cautioning against allowing the choices of words and syntax and form of presentation in the RA material to limit or fixate attention of the reader. But Muxel may choose to clarify further if needed.

Waxing a bit poetic, one might say that choosing a classification system with its words and syntax to talk about something, is not much different from stringing together whatever boats and containers you can find in a certain area to carry a bit of the ocean where it might be used on land.

In any case, the most concise version of the best advice I've ever read about understanding someone came from Laura when she said to "push back the words" and try to grasp the deeper meanings someone is trying to convey. That's not intended as admonishment by any means, just sharing some good advice with all. :)

Buddy said:
My impression is that by mentioning "gloss", Muxel is cautioning against allowing the choices of words and syntax and form of presentation in the RA material to limit or fixate attention of the reader. But Muxel may choose to clarify further if needed.

Waxing a bit poetic, one might say that choosing a classification system with its words and syntax to talk about something, is not much different from stringing together whatever boats and containers you can find in a certain area to carry a bit of the ocean where it might be used on land.

In any case, the most concise version of the best advice I've ever read about understanding someone came from Laura when she said to "push back the words" and try to grasp the deeper meanings someone is trying to convey. That's not intended as admonishment by any means, just sharing some good advice with all. :)

Buddy,

My question itself kind of offers possible meanings.

When you say "gloss" I am guessing you may mean "style" or a certain bias?

I was posing "style" and "bias" as 2 possibilities. If Muxel just missed the question that's OK. I guess we all are busy and miss the details at times. I like your idea and Laura's of "push back the words" and try to grasp the deeper meanings someone is trying to convey.

That is what I have had to do comparing the "flavors" of the different sources mentioned.

Thanks, Buddy :)

Agreed, Buddy, and I probably should note here that I am using the term 'gloss' as the C's did in the case of Mouravieff. We are dealing here with extraordinary men in other times and places who were purveyors of some 'forbidden' knowledge, and it is inevitable that the milieu of each influenced the text. Mouravieff wrote in the language of the Church, just as the Sufi mystics wrote in the poetic conventions of their time. All had simply used the tools available to them.

So it is for BotD. Take it at its word and what you have is a fantastical piece of fiction, and it does not help matters that the New Age explosion has skewed interpretation toward the direction of "space-age drama". Your run-of-the-mill UFO enthusiast cannot help but to think of actual organisms approaching us from the direction of Pleiades, riding vehicles of a certain nature, and encouraging us to identify with the visible band of the EM spectrum!

But more than once had the P's given their definition of 'light'
Light is information, so the Family of Light is the family of information.

And they defined themselves exactly as the C's did, which does not lend kindly to any interpretation of physical organisms residing in a different galactic zipcode!

Back
Top Bottom