Brothee - Coffee replacement!

sarahelizabeth

Padawan Learner
Coffee makes me feel awful, but I really struggle to eliminate the morning coffee.. especially on those early days.

For those of you who have never tried it.. Here is

BROTHEE!

1 tbsp of gelatinised bone broth (or however much you feel you need really)
Turmeric
Cumin
Black Pepper
& boiled water

Viola! Delicious savoury drink.

Fat ratio will depend how much of the broth's fat you use. No carbs, just a whole lot of nutrients.

Your Brothee must be nutritious. Having been in Cameroon several times, I know that Cameroonians love take the bone broth for breakfast. It is true that many people do not like coffee. But it is in my opinion too generic. Coffee is a very large business, is because of this, the beens quality is significantly degraded. Nowadays, new shops or grocery stores (coffee shop, not Starbucks) specialized in coffee entering the market. In principle this coffee comes from small owners and is of top quality. People have been accustomed to, that coffee is simply to wake up, because the industrial coffee is bad. Also people do not want to spend too much money for coffee, then they are willing to spend a lot of money for wine. However, for some winemakers and coffee-master (barista..), the coffee have double flavors (800 flavors). There is an alchemy in coffee that may be only the good beans and good roasting. Not enough torrifié, coffee is too subtle, too torrifié, subtlety is volatilized. :)

naorma said:
And does it work? Does it really replace coffee?

It worked for about a week - then I was back on the coffee. Very addictive! There are many people who have used it as a successful replacement though.

This recipe is from Pete Evans by the way (my lecturers would be very disappointed in my lack of referencing here! Still learning ;))

Kisito said:
Your Brothee must be nutritious. Having been in Cameroon several times, I know that Cameroonians love take the bone broth for breakfast. It is true that many people do not like coffee. But it is in my opinion too generic. Coffee is a very large business, is because of this, the beens quality is significantly degraded. Nowadays, new shops or grocery stores (coffee shop, not Starbucks) specialized in coffee entering the market. In principle this coffee comes from small owners and is of top quality. People have been accustomed to, that coffee is simply to wake up, because the industrial coffee is bad. Also people do not want to spend too much money for coffee, then they are willing to spend a lot of money for wine. However, for some winemakers and coffee-master (barista..), the coffee have double flavors (800 flavors). There is an alchemy in coffee that may be only the good beans and good roasting. Not enough torrifié, coffee is too subtle, too torrifié, subtlety is volatilized. :)

No surprises there Kisito! Like almost everything these days, quality is lacking!

On a large scale, this is likely not going to replace coffee, however some may find it useful :)

I do know of quite a few people in my health circles who have had success kicking coffee, which is just so wonderful for them.

I'd certainly love to kick the habit for good - it becomes quite costly (especially those delicious butter filled bullet proof coffees I'm finding available at more and more locations these days mmmmm)

sarahelizabeth said:
naorma said:
And does it work? Does it really replace coffee?

It worked for about a week - then I was back on the coffee. Very addictive! There are many people who have used it as a successful replacement though.

Thank you! At the moment I have accepted coffee but sometimes maybe I want to quit it . . . I had a few years without it but then came back to it, too. . . .

Back
Top Bottom