Buckwheat - A Super Food!

Tomek said:
Yev. said:
Hi guys,
I'm in a bit of a dilemma here, iv been having buckwheat for a long time, and now my peeps on the International Paleo Movement are saying its unhealthy, un-paleo, because it has lectins & phytic acid in it.
I'v read the articles they showed me, it was mostly reviews and Opeds. And couldn't really find anything useful on Google, only that buckwheat is very healthy and a great substitute for grains.
Does anyone know if buckwheat is actually evil with lectins? Really curious to here your opinions.
peace
Hello Yev,

This thread is to be taken in the context of our first attempts to regulate our diet, by eliminating gluten. Since that time, our research has actually led to consider that grains, including buckwheat, as harmful to the body because of the presence of lectins and their massive amount of carbs. I invite you to see the threads "Life without Bread" and "Ketogenic Diet" for more up-to-date informations about the diet.

Regards

Thanks Tomek!
Its bitter sweet info :) But better have my bubble burst, than living a lie and intoxicating myself while thinking I'm eating healthy!
Have a good day! :)

Quite a large amount of buckwheat is coming from China by the way; it doesn't matter whether it is declared as organic or not. But some is also from Europe.

Sirius said:
Quite a large amount of buckwheat is coming from China by the way; it doesn't matter whether it is declared as organic or not. But some is also from Europe.

Does that make a difference though? weather its from china or Ukraine? Their still toxic seeds .. no?

Back
Top Bottom