Can you edit a post for me

OCKHAM

Jedi
I just posted a comment with a link and left the stupid bracket out of the text which goes at the end of the link after the apostrophe. The link was to a SOTT article written by Henry. Boy, you want to get these right, or they look really stupid. Is there anyway to correct that?

Here is the link to the article.

http://www.signs-of-the-times.org/articles/show/133059-Obama+Speaks+Truth+on+Iraq+%5BVIDEO%5D

I went to fix it but it looks like somebody else got to it before me.

Laura said:
I went to fix it but it looks like somebody else got to it before me.
I tried, but the HTML didn't get converted even when I added the bracket... :cough: points to admin :cough:

[edit - it seems to be a workable link now]

Thanks, here we have to remember that the bracket at the end is all that is required, not the /url which we are so accustomed to in the forum. I guess you have to hold your mouse just right for the bracket to work. ;)

I had successfully added a link once before, so I knew it worked, I just forget the bracket that goes directly after the apostrophe. The instructions are right there, if you're eyes are good enough.

I've noticed since I changed the screen settings on my computer that I am not as efficient as I used to be.

It looks good now, although it might look better if the name of the link was in there too.

On the subject of links, not figured out yet, but have always wondered why people post masked out web links, like www(dot)whatever(dot)com. ?

R.

Ringo said:
On the subject of links, not figured out yet, but have always wondered why people post masked out web links, like www(dot)whatever(dot)com. ?

R.
I believe referring URL's to be a bad thing. The number of links to a site can increase their Google rankings. There are plenty of sites that don't deserve that. Typically a mod will go in and disable the link if the user doesn't. Plus many sites have a system set up where they can check how users got to their site. By disabling the link users have to manually enter the address, which makes tracking where they came from much harder.

@Alreadyin4thDensity Love

When you want to edit something in your post you have to be quick, as the edit opportunity window is confined to 10 minutes after posting.

Within those ten minutes you have to reactivate your log-in status if you logged out after posting, click the edit button in your post (left corner below) to reactivate your recent post, make the necessary changes and then hit the save button to get them into effect.

This means only minor edits can be made, as long ones tend to exceed the time limit (from my own experience) and won't be accepted.

ADDED later: the other possibility would be to signal a moderator your as then inaccessible post and ask them to manually modify your post outside of the permitted time window.

It goes without saying that such requests should be extremely rare and particularly important for the post to be properly understood since the moderators already have too much on their plates usually.

Last edited:
@Alreadyin4thDensity Love

When you want to edit something in your post you have to be quick, as the edit opportunity window is confined to 10 minutes after posting.

Within those ten minutes you have to reactivate your log-in status if you logged out after posting, click the edit button in your post (left corner below) to reactivate your recent post, make the necessary changes and then hit the save button to get them into effect.

This means only minor edits can be made, as long ones tend to exceed the time limit (from my own experience) and won't be accepted.

ADDED later: the other possibility would be to signal a moderator your as then inaccessible post and ask them to manually modify your post outside of the permitted time window.

It goes without saying that such requests should be extremely rare and particularly important for the post to be properly understood since the moderators already have too much on their plates usually.
Thank you for the answer, but usually I can not do that because I post something and than I need to wait often few hours, for that to get confirmed by the moderator, and when it gets confirmed I usually do not know when that happened.

Unfortunately, as long as you stay on moderation you cannot edit your posts. If it's something really important, you can do what Palinurus suggested and report your post to the Moderators with a comment what needs to be fixed or changed. But please, don't use this feature for small mistakes - we all make them sometimes and let them be. :)

Unfortunately, as long as you stay on moderation you cannot edit your posts. If it's something really important, you can do what Palinurus suggested and report your post to the Moderators with a comment what needs to be fixed or changed. But please, don't use this feature for small mistakes - we all make them sometimes and let them be. :)
For how long will I stay on moderation ?

Back
Top Bottom