(CRW Am-EU) What temporary schedule is best for you?

• Sunday 17:00-19:00 UTC (18:00-20:00 French time)

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Saturdays 17:00-19:00 UTC (18:00-20:00 French time)

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
So this coming Sunday, 30th October, we will continue with the sub-chapters History by Josephus on page 114 and The Death of Herod and the Golden Eagle on the Temple on page 116, reading up to and including page 127.

NB This coming weekend, during the night of Saturday 29th October to Sunday 30th October, Europeans can sleep an extra hour as Europe sets the clock back with 1 hour, which means that during the winter months (until March 26th 2023) it is in time zone UTC + 1.

FWIW, here is a handy website to check UTC + and - time zone conversions taking into account Daylight Saving Time, and here's a good one to directly check the time at your end compared with that in Paris, France, for instance, by date.
I will not be able to join the workshop on Sunday, so i wish you all happy reading and a great session!

So this coming Sunday, 30th October, we will continue with the sub-chapters History by Josephus on page 114 and The Death of Herod and the Golden Eagle on the Temple on page 116, reading up to and including page 127.

NB This coming weekend, during the night of Saturday 29th October to Sunday 30th October, Europeans can sleep an extra hour as Europe sets the clock back with 1 hour, which means that during the winter months (until March 26th 2023) it is in time zone UTC + 1.

FWIW, here is a handy website to check UTC + and - time zone conversions taking into account Daylight Saving Time, and here's a good one to directly check the time at your end compared with that in Paris, France, for instance, by date.
I will not be able to join the workshop on Sunday, so i wish you all happy reading and a great session!
Thank you for the heads up Laurs! I also won't be able to make it next Sunday but look forward to the following sessions.

Does that mean that the hour for those living in Central European Time stays the same, i.e. 6PM, while it may change for others?

Does that mean that the hour for those living in Central European Time stays the same, i.e. 6PM, while it may change for others?
I think for us in Europe, yes, it still begins at 6 pm (Paris time), while in Saskatchewan, Canada, f.i. it will start one hour later. (I read that the European Parliament voted in 2019 to stop moving the clocks forward in March to Daylight Saving Time, but the European Commission still has to move the proposal forward.)

I think for us in Europe, yes, it still begins at 6 pm (Paris time), while in Saskatchewan, Canada, f.i. it will start one hour later. (I read that the European Parliament voted in 2019 to stop moving the clocks forward in March to Daylight Saving Time, but the European Commission still has to move the proposal forward.)
Saskatchewan never changes its time, stays the same year-round. So if the meet still begins at 6 pm Paris time, then for myself the meet would still start at 10 am Sask time?:huh:

Saskatchewan never changes its time, stays the same year-round. So if the meet still begins at 6 pm Paris time, then for myself the meet would still start at 10 am Sask time?:huh:
In Europe we move back 1 hour this Sunday morning, i.e. 1 hour closer to your time zone. So the difference in time would drop from 8 to 7 hours meaning that the meet should start at 11am instead of 10am in Saskatchewan. Hope that makes sense.

One comment I wanted to make just as we were closing: Laura mentions on p. 241-242 that Paul went to Arabia, either alone or accompanied, to work out what had happened to him after his mystical experience, and "in the process, it seems that Hellenistic concepts were more meaningful than his traditional Judaism."

So far in this Chapter, we've seen the emphasis Paul placed on Death, symbolised by the crucifixion, and yet the key Heroic archetype expressed by Hellenic mythology (as Laura detailed in Secret History of World) is that of Perseus. So, an interesting question is: in what way does the crucifixion of Christ represent the more-encompassing Heroic archetype of Perseus?

The aspect of Death in the Perseus myth is represented by the beheading of Medusa. Could it therefore be said that the crucifixion represents a symbolic beheading of the Gorgon? I think this may be the case, and the resurrection is the emergence of Pegasus - the liberation of Knowledge.

Just two extra kopecks for the discussion. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom