(CRW Am-EU) What temporary schedule is best for you?

• Sunday 17:00-19:00 UTC (18:00-20:00 French time)

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • Saturdays 17:00-19:00 UTC (18:00-20:00 French time)

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters
I just have access to the Internet version, is that chapter One ? If not can someone tell where to find this foreword and the notes to the reader?

My book (2011) only contains 1 note to the reader and no foreword. I just checked, loreta, but chapter one is chapter one in my book as well.

So, what do you think about the idea of starting next Saturday (11th)? :wizard: This means that we would need to read the Foreword and the two Notes to the Reader sections of The Wave Vol. 1 this week.

Thank you for the information & suggestions, @logos5x5! As for the date suggestion, I can't participate this Saturday, due to other assignments, but will read along with you and hope to be able to jump in on Saturday the 18th!

@loreta and @Mariama As for the time, I understand it to be 6 PM to 7:30 PM UTC - which would mean 7 PM to 8:30 PM on Dutch, French (and German) time (could be wrong though) :-)

I just have access to the Internet version, is that chapter One ? If not can someone tell where to find this foreword and the notes to the reader? Thank you!

Unfortunatley, I will not be able to attend at this time, I have ordered a web cam from Amazon, but the delivery date they have given me is May 14th, it's comming from the US. and I have no idea how long or if it will be held up at the Canadian border😞 I will continue to read the thread for for updates.

I will also read the internet version of the wave, I loaned books 1 & 2 to an acquantance some time ago, they were never returned, lesson learned.

Is it possible to record the group session and post somewhere? That way I can keep up, and if I have any relevant questions, post them in this thread. BTW the time is great for me

My book (2011) only contains 1 note to the reader and no foreword. I just checked, loreta, but chapter one is chapter one in my book as well.
But it is the chapter one that we need to read for Saturday? I am not sure of anything anymore. Maybe my brain is working slowly these times... :shock:

This is what logos wrote, loreta. but he will probably respond himself later. :-)

We can start with The Wave 1 Foreword and the two Notes to the Reader sections. And we can read the Autobiographical Background for the meeting that follows.

P.S. @Learner, I just checked on another site, but there is a 2 hour difference between UTC and German time.

That's right.

So I think it's 1pm here which would be perfect. Does that sound right for CDT here in the States?

Indeed @genero81

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend at this time, I have ordered a web cam from Amazon, but the delivery date they have given me is May 14th, it's comming from the US. and I have no idea how long or if it will be held up at the Canadian border😞 I will continue to read the thread for for updates.

I will also read the internet version of the wave, I loaned books 1 & 2 to an acquantance some time ago, they were never returned, lesson learned.

Is it possible to record the group session and post somewhere? That way I can keep up, and if I have any relevant questions, post them in this thread. BTW the time is great for me

Don't worry @Joan , you can connect to zoom without a webcam. And you can connect to the meeting even if you are not going to be able to read the Foreword, and the Notes to the Reader. Remember that you can catch up during the meeting.

And yes, we are going to record the meetings so that everyone is up to date.

But it is the chapter one that we need to read for Saturday? I am not sure of anything anymore. Maybe my brain is working slowly these times... :shock:

You can go here, and click on the book cover image to see the Table of Contents. The First three sections of the book are the Foreword, and two different Notes to the Reader.

For those that have an older version of The Wave Vol 1. you can read the Foreword and the single Note to the Reader.

For those that do not have the book and are going to read The Wave from the Cassiopaea Website, please connect to the meeting anyway so you can listen and comment if you want.

There's also the possibility of buying the kindle version of the book, and if you don't have an actual Kindle, you can download the PC or Mac Kindle reader software. There's also an app for Android phones and tablets too.

Whatever works the best for you.

That's right.

Sorry to cause more angst. I've looked up on Google 6.00pm UTC and it says that's 11.00 am local time which is perfect. I am in the UK.
Someone mentioned it was 8.00pm in France. Can there be such a difference or am I wrong. Any other UK peeps here that can verify please.

PD: The spreadsheet was made to pick the better time but anyone can join at any moment after we start the workshop.

Just to clarify, do you mean that others can still sign up to join the workshop after it's already started? Or, that we can login to the meeting a little late if need be..

Sorry to cause more angst. I've looked up on Google 6.00pm UTC and it says that's 11.00 am local time which is perfect. I am in the UK.
Someone mentioned it was 8.00pm in France. Can there be such a difference or am I wrong. Any other UK peeps here that can verify please.

That's weird Tuatha, I just checked and the UK time would be 7:00 PM.

Just to clarify, do you mean that others can still sign up to join the workshop after it's already started? Or, that we can login to the meeting a little late if need be..

Both, Cleo. And you can log in to the meeting a little late if something comes up.

On the website "Time and Date" there's also a tool called International Meeting Planner (here). It gives out a list, where a city nearby your own location (or the city you live in) is given by default in the line "Location 1" (you can also use the search function at the bottom of the line to put in another city). In the example below (see first attachment) Berlin is given.

Into the lines below you can add more locations / cities in other countries, say Amsterdam for the Netherlands, Paris for France, Madrid for Spain and London for the UK. If more lines are needed than the default four ones, you can click "Add more cities", which I did for the second attachment.

Then you click "Show Timetable" - and the link here is the result for our example (or see also screenshot / third attachment). The list, that is created then, shows you the UTC time in comparison to the local times of the different five cities which were put in. The list covers all the hours of the day (11th of April). As it goes for the workshop, it starts 6 PM UTC: That is 8 PM for Spanish, French, Dutch and German time; while it is 7 PM UK time (see also mark in the screenshot).

This tool is useful for any location worldwide and helps to assess your local time in relation to the UTC time - for any given appointment. Hope it helps! :-)

Screenshot 1_Default list.png

Example for list of added cities.png

Timetable output UTC vs local times.png

Back
Top Bottom