cat v dog communication

rrraven

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
we are told that animals communicate telepathically...makes sense when you consider they come from the same soul pool but what about between different species?
can a dog communicate with a cat telepathically or do they have to learn each others ''language?

the reason I am wondering about this that we have now one old cat(my daughter s ,he came back when she moved down the road) one young cat about 2 years old who the older cat trained to hunt by bringing live baby rats home for him and now also a 6 month old pup
the young cat seems to teach the dog how to play cat style to use cat body language like stretch out on the floor and roll on back as a come on and play with me signal ,not as a submitting signal

at the moment all 3 are asleep around me,mind you ,I m sitting in my FIR blanket cause I ran out of fire wood and its freezing :)

what are your thoughts on this ,do you have any examples of inter species communication?

I believe they communicate both telepathically as well as physically, with sound, gesture, etc.

So, even if a dog cannot understand the telepathic language, and I'm not saying it can't, it can certainly communicate physically.

Our dog certainly is more cat like because he seemed trained by our older cat. When we added a kitten to the mix, the kitten is more dog like in a lot of its behavior. She even follow the dog everywhere, like he's her big brother.

When the dog goes outside, the kitten sleeps at the door, waiting for him to return. Both of our cats play fetch, although the older cat did that before the dog arrived. The kitten rolls around on the floor like a dog and the dog stretches like a cat. Go figure.

Whether any of this is higher level communication versus forms of pack/pride training is anyone's guess.

All I can say is it is pretty entertaining to see species specific behaviour getting swapped around.

Will the wonders never cease?

Gonzo

Gonzo said:
I believe they communicate both telepathically as well as physically, with sound, gesture, etc.

All I can say is it is pretty entertaining to see species specific behaviour getting swapped around.

Will the wonders never cease?

Gonzo

My cat does the breathing with me- you should see how I act after the morning bluebirds and golden eagles have had their way with me...don't even mention the hummingbirds!

Back
Top Bottom