Cats against disease or how 2D friends love us imperceptibly

AndrewMn

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
It so happened that I got sick, caught a virus, and have been lying with a high temperature since Monday in bed. But look - my beloved, fluffy "daughter" hardly leaves all this time. Don't you find this cute? I even feel that it is easier to bear the disease with her.
And even a few months ago it was an ugly, almost one-eyed, homeless girl who could only hiss at people.

IMG_20210430_133154.jpg

IMG_20210430_133326.jpg

How cute!

When I am sick my dogs are always with me. They stay on the bed or in the room and do not leave it for anything. I think they take care of us, I think they stay there with us because they take care. Something to do with vibrations, energy. It is a mystery, really.

They love us and is not love the best medicine? yes it is.

Your cat is so beautiful.

I hope you feel better now. Please, give a little kiss to your cat on his nose.

AndrewMn, I wish you a speedy recovery :hug2:, and just to lift your mood, here's a funny meme I was sent to recently.

This meme is for cases when the kitty isn't so willing to heal. ;-D

The writing in Russian says: "If you feel bad, give a big hug to a cat. That's it. Now not only you feel bad, but the cat too".

photo_2021-04-30_19-50-22.jpg

Prenez bien soin de vous et votre chaton, des caresses pour Lui...
J'ai eu le covid fin mars début avril 3 semaines au lit, épuisantes mais mes 4 chatonnes et mes 2 petits Yorks étaient aux petits soins pour moi, tous couchés avec moi, que du bonheur...

Take good care of you and your kitten, caresses for Him...
I had the covid at the end of March, beginning of April, 3 weeks in bed, exhausting but my 4 kittens and my 2 small Yorks were with the small care for me, all lying with me, that of happiness...

1619801217060.jpeg

@AndrewMn

Sorry to hear you were unwell. I hope you are recovering now. When I had Covid this time last year I was surrounded on the sofa by two furballs - Bob and Ruby. This is Ruby. She loves to be warm and toasty so I covered her over with the bottom of the fleece. What would we do without our 2D companions?

I also hope that you get better quickly. :hug2:Cats are wonderful animals. They sense when their humans are not well. Mine comes and lies on my tummy and that helps better than any hot water bottle. May you get well quickly.

Sometimes he also likes to meditate... :lol:
IMG_4548.JPEG

There is an article that explains why our cats can heal us when we are sick:

The healing power of your cat’s purr

It has long been speculated that pets are good for a person’s health. Stress relief and encouragement of a healthy lifestyle are commonly cited as two positive outcomes from owning a pet. But when it comes to cats, scientific evidence suggests that their purr can be specifically beneficial to their owner.

There are many tales of cat owners who are sick or in pain, feeling better, sometimes even healed, by their cat’s purr. This may sound like the plot to your favourite disney film or simply the ramblings of a besotted owner, but over the years research into the mystery of the cat’s purr has backed up these curious stories.

How exactly does this work you may ask? Well, research has shown that the frequency of a cat’s purr actually works in a similar way to high-impact exercise.

Stay with us…

A cat’s purr frequency is exactly 26 Hertz. This frequency corresponds with the frequency that scientists use in vibrational therapies to promote tissue regeneration.

How exactly does vibrational therapy work? When the body is exposed to high intensity pressure & strength training exercise, bones and muscles become stronger, reinforcing themselves and adding muscle.

Vibrational therapy creates the same healing and reinforcement using low frequency vibrations instead of intense high impact activity. So, theoretically, a cat’s purr can help healing.

But it’s not just about healing bones, the healing power of cats can work in a number of magical ways:

• Lowering stress — petting a purring cat can calm you
  • A cat’s purr can decrease the symptoms of dyspnoea (difficulty in breathing) in both cats and humans
  • Lower blood pressure by interacting with the cat and hearing the purring sound
  • Reducing the risk of heart disease (cat owners have 40% less risk of having a heart attack)
  • Purr vibrations help to heal infections, swelling, bone healing and growth, pain relief, muscle growth and repair, tendon repair and joint mobility
So why do cats purr?

The common belief is that cats purr to show their happiness but they also purr when frightened, severely injured, giving birth and even while dying.

Elizabeth von Muggenthaler of the Fauna Communications Research Institute in North Carolina, delved further into why a cat would waste energy purring in its last moments:

“For the purr to exist in different cat species over time, geographical isolation etc. there would likely have to be something very important (survival mechanism) about the purr. There also would have to be a very good reason for energy expenditure (in this case creation of the purr), when one is physically stressed or ill. The vibration of the cat’s diaphragm, which with the larynx, creates the purr, requires energy. If an animal is injured they would not use this energy unless it was beneficial to their survival.”

Muggenthaler continues:

“It is suggested that purring be stimulated as much as possible when cats are ill or under duress. If purring is a healing mechanism, it may just help them to recover faster, and perhaps could even save their life.”

So it seems a cat’s purr really is magical. In addition to soothing and healing the people around them, cats are actually able to heal themselves, too. A curious animal and a curious noise indeed.

Feeling stressed? This purr machine is sure to chill you out:

Cat Purr • Your Furry Friend's Noise, Online & Free

Hi @AndrewMn, How are you feeling?

Yes, cats can be quite intuitive about helping us when we’re feeling sick. Last year when I had covid I woke up in the middle of the night to my kitty giving me a chest massage 😆. It worked because the next morning my fever was gone.

I hope you’re feeling better and on the mend. :flowers:

Oh, thank you very much for your concern, @Candice . it's so cute! Yet, has not recovered yet. But the cats (which in the photo in the first post is her name Squirrel) is trying very hard to treat me, together with @Korzik18. Covid is hard for me.
You got Covid? How do you know it is not normal flu?
Plenty of fluids, vitamin c and d. If you are sure its covid you can take ivermectin although if you are completely healthy I would just let it run its course.
This is Laura's protocol i used on myself and other people with great results:
Baking soda can help a LOT with colds and flu! Protocol is: The minute you feel symptoms, 1 level tsp in a glass of water, every 2 hours, AWAY from food (half hour before, 2 hours after) up to 6 doses in the day. Then, 4 doses second day, 2 doses 3rd day. You should be right as rain.

Back
Top Bottom