Changes at CNN?

I really don't watch CNN, so don't know if this is true, but it would certainly be interesting if true, as CNN has been pretty much the worst broadcaster the last number of years.

That would be interesting indeed, and I suppose CNN is following the market, much like Netflix did a little while ago. Keeping up with the agenda is bad for business, only people who agree with them entirely will watch what they say, and that's not going to cover the bills.. I think.

Though, the pessimistic side of me thinks that it's going to be very difficult to do a complete turn around in places like CNN, it's not just a top down culture in the company, the very employees have been trained on wokeness from college, so it's not impossible, but very difficult indeed.

That would be interesting indeed, and I suppose CNN is following the market, much like Netflix did a little while ago. Keeping up with the agenda is bad for business, only people who agree with them entirely will watch what they say, and that's not going to cover the bills.. I think.

Though, the pessimistic side of me thinks that it's going to be very difficult to do a complete turn around in places like CNN, it's not just a top down culture in the company, the very employees have been trained on wokeness from college, so it's not impossible, but very difficult indeed.

I could also see big media companies positioning themselves to take advantage of the rising cultural backlash against wokeness by pandering to centrists and conservatives on niche issues like trans rights while still peddling the same geopolitical agendas like war in Ukraine. Reminds me about how many progressive outlets suddenly stopped caring about torture in 2009, once Obama got in office.

I could also see big media companies positioning themselves to take advantage of the rising cultural backlash against wokeness by pandering to centrists and conservatives on niche issues like trans rights while still peddling the same geopolitical agendas like war in Ukraine. Reminds me about how many progressive outlets suddenly stopped caring about torture in 2009, once Obama got in office.
This is also true, there's probably an analyst somewhere looking into the numbers of the YouTubers that make the most money, Tucker Carlson included, and probably realized that there's money to be made as the audience is rather large.

Back
Top Bottom