Channeling music with a plastic jump rope?

JGeropoulas

The Living Force
Alma "dreamt a beautiful Mozart composition" only to awaken and discover it was actually her own original music! Now she often swings around a plastic jump rope to receive other original beautiful music! She's an utterly charming young girl who seems to be quite an old soul.

Here, Alma perfoms a beautiful piano improvisation from 4 notes randomly selected by an observer:

One reader posted: "I think her parents made a pact with Mozarts ghost. His only demand was that his name, AMADEUS, was placed inside hers, AlMA DEUtSher"!

If this is real, what a creative act! She tunes in to the musical sphere like anyone writes a simple phrase!

Beautiful girl!! Very sensitive and talented!! It's really amazing!:love:

For some time now I have been thinking about this topic of "bringing" information from dreams. I have a fragment of a book by Jorge Luis Borges (a very intelligent Argentine writer) called "The Book of Dreams".

https://filorex.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/libro-de-suec3b1os.pdf (Spanish)

Borges makes a compilation of dreams and among them there is one that caught my attention and I kept a photocopy. It's called "Coleridge's Dream." It's about a poem that was dreamt by an English poet named Samuel Taylor Coleridge in 1797. Next I copy a fragment written by Borges:

THE DREAM OF COLERIDGE
The lyrical fragment Kubla Khan (fifty-something rhymed and irregular verses, of exquisite prosody) was dreamt by the English poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge in one of the days of the summer of 1797. Coleridge writes that he had retired
to a farm on the edge of Exmoor; an indisposition forced him to take a hypnotic;
the dream defeated him moments after the reading of Purchas, which refers to the building of a palace by Kublai Khan, the emperor whose western fame
Marco Polo worked. In Coleridge's dream, the text
The man who slept intuited a series of visual images and, simply, of words that manifested them.
hours he awoke with the certainty of having composed, or received, a poem of some three hundred verses.He remembered them
with singular clarity and was able to finish the fragment that figures in his works. An unexpected visit interrupted him and it was impossible, then remember the rest.
I discovered with no small surprise and mortification," says Coleridge, "that while I was vaguely retaining the general form of vision,
everything else, except about eight or ten loose lines, had disappeared like the images.
on the surface of a river in which a stone is thrown, but, woe to me, without further
restoration of the latter." Swinburne felt that what was rescued was the highest example of English music and that
the man capable of analyzing it could (the metaphor is John Keats) unweave a rainbow. Translations or summaries of
poems whose fundamental virtue is music are vain and can be harmful: it is enough for us to retain, for now, that Coleridge was given in a dream a page of undisputed splendor.
He heard a music; he knew that music raised a palace; he saw the palace erected and heard the words of Coleridge.
poem.
The case, although extraordinary, is not unique. In the psychological study The World of Dreams,
Havelock Ellis has equated it with that of violinist and composer Giuseppe Tartini,
who dreamed that the Devil (his slave) played a prodigious sonata on the violin; the dreamer, upon awakening, deduced from his imperfect memory
the TriMo of Diavolo.
Another classic example of unconscious cerebration is that of Robert Louis Stevenson, to whom a dream (according to himself he has referred in his
Chavter on Dreams^) gave him the plot of Olalla and another, in 1884, that of Jekyll & Hyde.
Tartini wanted to imitate in the vigil the music of a dream; Stevenson received from the dream
arguments, i.e. general forms; more akin to the verbal inspiration of Co' -idge is that which Beda the Venerable attributes to Caedmon
(Historia ecclessiastica gentis Anglocum, IV, 24).
At first glance, Coleridge's dream runs the risk of seeming less astonishing than that of its predecessor. Kuhla Khan is an admirable composition and the nine lines of the hymn
Coleridge was already a poet and a vocation was revealed to Caedmon.
There is, however, a further fact, which magnifies to the unfathomable the marvel of the
dream in which Kuhla Khan was begotten.
If this fact is true, the story of Coleridge's dream predates Coleridge in many centuries.
and has not yet come to an end..."

With this in mind I asked a musician from our midst (Roberto Darvin) if in any of his compositions he had "brought" from the dream world information for his music. He was on the air on the radio "Emisora de Sur" transmitting his program and this message, he told me, "is not easy to answer" and for a matter of time he said "if I have used information from dreams to write lyrics or music".

Another detail that is not of minor importance is the string of the girl...
This extract is from Alejandro Dolina (another wonderful Argentinean)

"Pythagoras discovered that if he pulled a string and made it sound and then cut it in half, the string sounded the octave, the string gave the octave, not anyone else, then Pythagoras thought, there must be some relation between the length of the string and the tuning of the string. The relationship in the harmonic notes is a relationship of perfect quebrados, which has no commas or leftovers.
The relationship in harmonic notes is a relationship of perfect ravines, which has neither commas nor leftovers, then, Pythagoras thought, harmony was there, before men played. This is not the invention of a musician, this is something of nature, that Pythagoras discovered...".

"Pythagoras had taken this idea of sound born from the length of strings to a kind of universal harmony which he said he listened to. He said that the planets were located like the E, the Si and the Do at distances which were harmonic and he said that this produced a kind of cosmic sound which he was able to hear...".

Only ideas that are significantly related. The "world of dreams" is a great "terrain" to explore. Very enjoyable videos of that wonderful girl!:love:

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Back
Top Bottom