Childhood weird experience

Princess Lux 🌷

Jedi Master
I will share something that I am hoping to gain some insight or answer. I will do my best to describe the experience as how I feel/perceive it. This is something that I have experienced when I was around 4 or 5 years old. I woke up in the middle of the night and I felt as if I am small. My mind is panicking at that time because it's as if I feel like I am as small as the ants. It is like my body is getting small but it isn't. It is just a sensation and how I felt about it. It is as if I feel like I am shrinking and my body isn't vibrating or having goosebumps. It is the weirdest feeling as I cannot think of any term for it or haven't found it in or do not know English term for it. It happened to me a few times. Probably around 5 or 6. The first one was when I was 4/5, then it happened again prolly twice after a year or that same age. I remember not experiencing that again until I was around in my 20s. It just happens in the middle of the night, and Id wake up and I hate it because of the feeling that it gives me. It makes me feel so small in size. I apologize if I cannot really described it fully because my mind doesn't even know how to process it. In that state, I would just pray for the feeling to go away so I can go back to sleep. It happened to me two weeks ago, and I'm trying to observe what is happening. The last time, I just told myself that I do not want it and the feeling just went away. When I was young, I do not know what to do and would just wait for my mind to be so tired to be able to go back to sleep again. I share the same bed with my parents and brother at that time and when that happens to me, i don't even bother to ask for their help or try to wake them up. I just realized that and I do not know if it is the effect that comes with it. I do not see entities in the room, or shadows or anything although I wish I could so I could give a conclusion or an idea of what is happening. It's just a sensation that comes to me randomly and there isn't a specific time, like it comes when I'm stressed or happy or anything. It is just so weird and I'm hoping to find and see if some here also experience it and could better describe it for me.

Thank you for taking the time to read about this experience although I wish I could give you more details.

That sounds interesting, may you are on the right path, you allredy use your mind to influence it.
May this state leads you to a great experience.
I can tell something similar, that I first noticed as a kid, when I had a fever. But for me it was more like a fluktuation, but I can not tell if I changed size in my feeling, or if it was something outside. Now i can recal this feeling and I can influence it and observe it at the same time. I think it leads me in a kind of trance or in a meditativ state. But to tell exactly I also have to observe it further.

I hope I could help you with this.

When I was little, I was sick many times. On several occasions, my vision suddenly went "in." It was like a tunnel and reality was at the end of the tunnel. I was going inside and reality (what I was seeing) was getting smaller and smaller and further away in the tunnel.

I was scared and I had to make "force" to return.

It's not the same as your experience, but it may be related to a closer relationship "with the other side."

The "anchoring" is recent and perhaps you can have strange experiences, that is, have a different perception than the one that the body usually grants.

On the other hand, it may simply be a "play" of the mind.

That sounds interesting, may you are on the right path, you allredy use your mind to influence it.
May this state leads you to a great experience.
I can tell something similar, that I first noticed as a kid, when I had a fever. But for me it was more like a fluktuation, but I can not tell if I changed size in my feeling, or if it was something outside. Now i can recal this feeling and I can influence it and observe it at the same time. I think it leads me in a kind of trance or in a meditativ state. But to tell exactly I also have to observe it further.
It was the first time that I tried to use my mind in that experience because honestly when I was young, no matter how use my mind or even change my perception or whatever I could think of, I cannot and it is happening not in like a trance state but when im conscious.

I guess the first thing I could suggest would be Macropsia but I guess you have already looked at that and it doesn't fit with your experience ?

Other than that I can only guess it would be transition to the astral realm causing it :huh:
Yes. I have searched for it too but it's not like that. The longest episode I have was when I was young. It would last for an hour, just that sensation. I do not know if I should go to a therapy or a hypnosis session?

When I was little, I was sick many times. On several occasions, my vision suddenly went "in." It was like a tunnel and reality was at the end of the tunnel. I was going inside and reality (what I was seeing) was getting smaller and smaller and further away in the tunnel.

I was scared and I had to make "force" to return.

It's not the same as your experience, but it may be related to a closer relationship "with the other side."

The "anchoring" is recent and perhaps you can have strange experiences, that is, have a different perception than the one that the body usually grants.

On the other hand, it may simply be a "play" of the mind.
Thank you for your insight. With the play in my mind? What dyou think it is? I honestly do not like the feeling but I would want to be aware if it is something good or bad. Im so curious and it's an experience I havent had any answers from the universe yet. :huh:

It was the first time that I tried to use my mind in that experience because honestly when I was young, no matter how use my mind or even change my perception or whatever I could think of, I cannot and it is happening not in like a trance state but when im conscious.
Maybe I havent answered as I wantet to, or it was misundestood, I will trye to deskribe it better:
As a kid I was not able to control it, I only discoverd that I can approx. a year ago.
And by control it i mean, that I can force this feeling to occur and than I can slow down the wobbel from infinite smal to infinite vast, I think of an object (relatet to the feeling as a Kid) that I use as a kind of ankor to produce this feeling. And while I control it I oserve it and I found it like it is leading me to a kind of meditation.
I hope this time I was more accurate, if not I will use deepL :P

The object looks like that below, only that it is darker brown:
1644929145993.png

Maybe it's some memories from deep inside, past life related?
If it's so an unusual feeling, the etheric/astral body may be involved in this event. Can you move your body during these?
Yes, I can move my body, just that sensation of feeling small/shrinking. I would also like to think that it is just how I personally react? When I was a kid, I remember thinking that some people might see me in that state and step on me or idk. When I noticed it just recently, my body is not vibrating, it's like a feeling that im stepped on. Probably in my past life, im an ant :huh::wow:
As a kid I was not able to control it, I only discoverd that I can approx. a year ago.
And by control it i mean, that I can force this feeling to occur and than I can slow down the wobbel from infinite smal to infinite vast, I think of an object (relatet to the feeling as a Kid) that I use as a kind of ankor to produce this feeling. And while I control it I oserve it and I found it like it is leading me to a kind of meditation.
I hope this time I was more accurate, if not I will use deepL :P
I will try to do it these days and see if i can control. I do not know how to "summon" it but I will try to go back to the vibe.

I used to have something similar happen to me when I was young. Starting about 5 years old and stopping at about 13 years old. I would be lying in bed and start to feel myself getting very small and then very large. Back and forth for a few minutes. It didn’t really bother me or scare me but it was strange and I always wondered what it meant.

I used to have something similar happen to me when I was young. Starting about 5 years old and stopping at about 13 years old. I would be lying in bed and start to feel myself getting very small and then very large. Back and forth for a few minutes. It didn’t really bother me or scare me but it was strange and I always wondered what it meant.
Interesting! I even thought before that it is just something that had stopped not until recently. It bothers me when I wake up in the middle of the night and start to feel it. :shock:

I've had similar experiences, and it was usually when I was ill or had a fever, it happened a lot when I was younger, and it has happened to me a few times as an adult.

it was strange as my mouth would feel too full, as if my tongue was too big for it. It is a definite switch in perception and interestingly enough, whenever they would talk about people being punished for their bad deeds by demons or angels or apparitions, in the lore of the country where I come from, they'd always say that "their tongue was huge". So as a child, I would get really worked up about the experience.

However, as of late I think it may simply be the process of sleep, there's several neurological and physiological processes that are taking place as one falls asleep, a lot of things are secreted that have the purpose of shutting down or changing how our senses perceive the world around us. Moreover, our muscles relax to a point that we probably have never experienced while awake, so that's why the experience feels so foreign.

Now, I do not discount anything else going on, but I do think that if it's waking you up in the middle of the night, then perhaps I would look into your sleeping habits. Something is impeding you to fall asleep and remain asleep through the night, and that can be rather debilitating. And I think what you're experiencing is your altered state of consciousness as you're in between sleep and awake.

There's a good book on the subject called Why we sleep? I would highly recommend it.

Having said the above, I will say that these moments of altered consciousness are usually associated with perception of our reality in different ways, but I would perhaps focus on addressing the things you can control for now before looking into a deeper explanation.

My 2 cents

Now, I do not discount anything else going on, but I do think that if it's waking you up in the middle of the night, then perhaps I would look into your sleeping habits. Something is impeding you to fall asleep and remain asleep through the night, and that can be rather debilitating. And I think what you're experiencing is your altered state of consciousness as you're in between sleep and awake.

There's a good book on the subject called Why we sleep? I would highly recommend it.

Having said the above, I will say that these moments of altered consciousness are usually associated with perception of our reality in different ways, but I would perhaps focus on addressing the things you can control for now before looking into a deeper explanation.
Hmmm interesting! That could be too. I honestly do not understand what altered consciousness is completely. I just know when I was young, it would take hours for me to go back to sleep, like no matter how I try the sensation do not just go away, and a little less time to go back sleeping or relax when I experienced it recently prolly because of my "stronger" will that I do not want it. I will definitely read the book you sent me.

I do agree too in focusing on things I can control than deeper meanings because this might not even be those experiences that has/needs a deeper explanation but just some things in my mind and the perception of it. Thank youuu 🙏🙏🙏

Maybe this is your higher self trying to draw you into some kind of experience, or state. Dreams (as far as I know) are our higher self communicating with us. Maybe it's the sensation that frightens you that wakes you up ?

I used to have dreams of being chased, by what I don't know, and I would get scared and wake up. In the end I got so sick of it I was determined to face it once and for all. When I did, I turned around to fight / defend and guess what ? Nothing was there, and it never happened again.

How about taking that approach, and go with the experience as fully as you can ? I wouldn't think anything bad could happen :-)

Maybe this is your higher self trying to draw you into some kind of experience, or state. Dreams (as far as I know) are our higher self communicating with us. Maybe it's the sensation that frightens you that wakes you up ?

I used to have dreams of being chased, by what I don't know, and I would get scared and wake up. In the end I got so sick of it I was determined to face it once and for all. When I did, I turned around to fight / defend and guess what ? Nothing was there, and it never happened again.

How about taking that approach, and go with the experience as fully as you can ? I wouldn't think anything bad could happen :-)
I would do that yet when this happens, I do not have any dreams/I am in a dream. It is like I will be awake out of the blue and the next thing I know I am already in the situation and experiencing it consciously. That is the thing I do not like with it because I have to be awake to feel it, I do not feel it when dreaming or in my sleep. I am conscious. :nuts::huh:

That is the thing I do not like with it because I have to be awake to feel it, I do not feel it when dreaming or in my sleep
Sorry if I keep referring to sleep with your situation. We all hate being woken up, so maybe it has become associated as a negative thing for you ?

I guess what I was getting at was - how about next time you have this, instead of perceiving it as a negative thing, try to be objective about it and just explore it, and see how far you can go with it ?

Maybe you will be shown something you never thought possible...

You never know what you may find or learn :-)

Back
Top Bottom