Chocolate

Oxajil said:

What an excellent news.
danse1.gif

Anyone got any good "make your own sugar-free chocolate" recipes?

Perceval said:
Anyone got any good "make your own sugar-free chocolate" recipes?

Hi Perveval,

What about a chocolate fondue with berries.

Pretty close to Heaven on earth. ;D

Oh, my god :shock:

Thanks for this post. That's me out tomorrow to buy some dark chocolate and pure cocao powder; sugar free, of course!

Speaking of recipes, I've always wanted to try that thick chocolate sauce on roast duck since seeing the film 'Chocolat'...

...and all those other recipes from that film! ;D

Yeah, this is all great news! I cut chocolate out cause of the sugar but never thought about trying to get it sugar free! :rolleyes:

Just the other day one of the residents in my building came home with the kids from Godiva up the street and gave me a couple of chocolates. I never tasted anything sooo good! I'm sure there was sugar in that stuff but it did remind me how much I miss chocolate.

A thought tho.. I am gonna start the detox diet so should I hold off on the chocolate or is it ok?

Pete02 said:
A thought tho.. I am gonna start the detox diet so should I hold off on the chocolate or is it ok?

As far as I know raw unsweetened cocoa powder is OK on the detox diet - just not anything with sugar, dairy or soy. It does contain some amounts of caffeine, but I think small amounts of it, as contained in cocoa, is alright. I'm sure someone will correct me if that's wrong.

You can use carob powder as an alternative, it contains no caffeine.

[quote author=http://www.foodreference.com/html/fcarob.html]Carob itself does not contain any caffeine. However, it does contain traces of theobromine and theobromine is occasionally added to carob. Theobromine is related to caffeine, but it is a milder stimulant. It is the stimulant found in chocolate. (One hundred grams of carob contains no caffeine and only three milligrams of theobromine; 100 grams of chocolate contains 180 milligrams of caffeine and 2,320 milligrams of theobromine).[/quote]

One cup of cocoa powder is about 100 grams, and this specific recipe for the Avacado Chocolate Mousse contains one cup of cocoa (180mg caffeine), and makes a large bowl of the mousse. One cup of coffee is about 75-125 mg caffeine, so eating a little of the mousse with some berries would give you less caffeine than a cup of decaf coffee, which is what makes me think having it around for a snack isn't too big a deal. And of course, it contains no dairy or sugar!

Pete02 said:
Yeah, this is all great news! I cut chocolate out cause of the sugar but never thought about trying to get it sugar free! :rolleyes:

Just the other day one of the residents in my building came home with the kids from Godiva up the street and gave me a couple of chocolates. I never tasted anything sooo good! I'm sure there was sugar in that stuff but it did remind me how much I miss chocolate.

I think that it would be best to stay away from even unsweetened chocolate during the detox diet.

When I went to an environmental MD, he told me that some people were allergic to chocolate. And this was one of the things I was tested for.

So you want to eliminate all things except what are specifically listed on the diet. If you are following the UltraSimple diet, which has been recommended as the best way to go right now, you will be limited to mostly rice, beans, certain veggies and berries and some fruits. He doesn't even want you using stevia/xylitol for the first week.

I think that he says you can have nuts. If he does, I would not eat them. We've been seeing quite a lot of people finding that they cannot tolerate nuts and seeds so just keep this in mind. We are trying to find out just what is toxic to our own individual bodies. So keep your diet as simple as possible.

Once you start introducing things back into your diet, you can then see if anything brings a reaction to your body.

My 2 cents.

Thanks Jonny and Nienna,

I'm sure it is good enough for me to take while on the diet but currently I'm fighting a lil rash that has developed so I think its best to follow Nienna's suggestion for now and keep the diet simple until I figure out whats causing it. After a few weeks tho.. the gloves come off and I'm getting some chocolate!! :P

Pete02 said:
Thanks Jonny and Nienna,

I'm sure it is good enough for me to take while on the diet but currently I'm fighting a lil rash that has developed so I think its best to follow Nienna's suggestion for now and keep the diet simple until I figure out whats causing it. After a few weeks tho.. the gloves come off and I'm getting some chocolate!! :P

Hmm Pete02 I remember reading about your rash. Maybe it's a fungal infection?

Funny you should say that Oxajil,

I had my family medicine doctor tell me the same thing. I had just asked his opinion during a yearly physical and thats what he thought but I think hes the one who gave me the cream that Psyche has just pointed out to be very toxic so I'm gonna try diet instead. Believe it or not, I've just cut coffee and cheese out of my diet five days ago and my face is starting to look better already. Looks like its healing, still dry, but healing. I'm gonna pick up NACs and Vit C and jump on the UltraSimple Diet this week and see how it goes. Thanks for your input and concern tho, thats always appreciated!

Hi Pete02

If the rash is a fungal infection, you may wish to start on the anti-Candida detox as well, or not, or start using a FIR sauna blanket to detox as well.

You can do the UltraSimple diet and after a month or so in a good diet, you can start fighting Candida. It is advisable to be in better health before an anti-candida detox, as the die-off symptoms can be sometimes hard. So making sure one is sleeping through the night and are feeling generally better is a good thing. Make sure to read the sticky health threads as you go along, it will guide you through your detox process. You'll see that taking some supplements like alpha lipoic acid and NAC as part of the detox process helps, because candida is usually related to heavy metal toxicity.

If you cut sugar following the Ultra Simple diet, you may find that skin rashes (that may be fungal in origin) may disappear as well. A nystatin cream is also useful, but you can wait and see if your rash continues to get better with the diet.

Hi Trevrizent,

I considered that but I don't really seem to have any of those symptoms. I looked at the list of what causes Candida and the only thing that pertained to me on there was a bad diet.

This dry skin started after a trip I took about two years ago with my brother's family, we went to Florida on vacation and I got the worst sun burn I've ever had in my life. Burnt like a lobster from head to toe. Since then my skin has never been the same. It seems to be okay during the warm months but in the cold my skin dries right up now. The lil rash on my chin is a new addition, but that may have to do with the new changes I've been making to my diet. I'm not disregarding any suggestions that come my way, I'm actually making a list of them, but I'm gonna start with straightening out my diet first I think. Thank you tho Trevrizent ;)

Edit: Psyche you musta posted while I was typing! I have bookmarked most of the health threads and I'm going thru them now. Thanks again for your help!

Back
Top Bottom