Civil War in Ukraine: Western Empire vs Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
US slams ‘provocative’ bill to simplify citizenship procedure for southeast Ukraine
Putin’s decision creates a serious obstacle to the implementation of the Minsk agreements and the reintegration of the Donbas region, the US Department of State said
The US is forgetting that it is not even part of the countries that made the Minsk agreement. The Minsk agreement was made between Russia, Ukraine, France, Germany, DPR and LPR. So no US involved apart from the open secret that they run Ukraine and that the CIA is very involved/entrenched in the power structures.

If the US or the EU is so unhappy about it, why not offer citizenships to all Ukrainians too? It would be one way to depopulate Ukraine but also a way to create massive protests in the EU, who have had enough of open borders.

Not to forget that as it is, then anyone can convert to Judaism and the person will qualify for an Israeli passport.

Zelensky manifests himself in his first meaningful FB post:

We know what a Russian passport actually gives. A right to be arrested for a peaceful protest. A right not to have free and competitive elections. A right to know nothing about existence of natural human rights,” the emotional post said.

WTH???! What the heck??!! The Ukrainians were deceived by a long planned CIA Puppet again??? WTH????

Kind of joke isn't it? Comedians love jokes...:curse:

The US is forgetting that it is not even part of the countries that made the Minsk agreement. The Minsk agreement was made between Russia, Ukraine, France, Germany, DPR and LPR. So no US involved apart from the open secret that they run Ukraine and that the CIA is very involved/entrenched in the power structures.

If the US or the EU is so unhappy about it, why not offer citizenships to all Ukrainians too? It would be one way to depopulate Ukraine but also a way to create massive protests in the EU, who have had enough of open borders.

Not only the US/CIA entrenched in the power structures but NATO has all the key positions covered and fully operational for a Russian invasion. Past reports indicate U.K., German, French and Canadian troops are also part of NATO's Ukrainian arsenal.

Southeast Ukraine, especially the Donbas region, is where Poroshenko gave the most attention and where the highest casualties have been documented, including assassinating key Military DPR Commanders. I have long suspected, NATO wants "full control of the DPR and LPR regions" - so NATO can waltz right up to the Russian Border?

I don't envision, Russia/Putin making a move - without it first - being scrutinized from every angle and that it has a common and legitimate purpose - in the long game? The Minsk 1 (September 5, 2014) and an addendum to the Minsk Protocol, Minsk 11 (February 12, 2015) Agreements and their proposed package of Measures for the Implementation of an immediate ceasefire ... have failed.

Minsk Agreement: Full text in English

I may be looking at this situation in the wrong direction but with the Minsk Agreements at a standstill, I sense Putin's proposal is to engage "International Law Protocols" in the form of issued Visa's, to add an arm of Legal Protection for the residents? Legally, it gives Russia a stronger voice and presents in Southeast Ukraine? So, instead of NATO getting a grip into Donbas and the surrounding area, Russia is exerting itself and pushing back (using U.N. International Law)?

Zelensky is due to take office by early June.

A lot can happen - between now and then? I imagine, his position lies on the influence and back door deals of "his elite backer's"?

28 April 2019 - German MPs offer to deploy UN civilian police mission in Donbas – media
German MPs offer to deploy UN civilian police mission in Donbas – media

Deputies also suggest dissolving the self-styled “governments” created in territories held by Russian proxy forces.

Deputies of the Free Democratic Party of Germany (FDP) made a proposal to send an additional UN civilian police force to eastern Ukraine.

German parliamentarians adopted a document called “Peace in Ukraine needs a new impulse”, which describes the new strategy on Donbas, LIGA.net reported referring to Bild.

In particular, the FDP proposes that the German Parliament develop an additional action plan concerning the Minsk agreements, with mandatory deadlines and consequences in the event of non-compliance.

It is proposed, among other things, to deploy in Ukraine an additional contingent of civilian police under the auspices of the UN.

Deputies are also proposing to dissolve the so-called "governments" created by Donbas terrorists, and hand over the management of the region to the civil interim administration under the UN leadership.

The document consists of 12 points.
In the near future it will be submitted to the Bundestag for consideration.

Ukraine marks 101st anniversary of Ukraine's Navy
mil.gov.ua

mil.gov.ua

On April 29, 1918, Ukrainian flags were solemnly raised on ships and the Sevastopol fortress.

"On April 29, 1918, patriotic pressure of the Ukrainian majority of crews of the ships of the Black Sea Fleet and the Ukrainian community of Sevastopol forced Rear Admiral Mikhail Sablin, who had shortly before agreed to take the post of commander, to officially declare the entire Black Sea Fleet the Fleet of the Ukrainian People's Republic, as well as to order to solemnly raise Ukrainian flags on ships and the Sevastopol fortress at 16:00," the press service of the Ukrainian Navy wrote on Facebook.

I cannot pinpoint which session precisely, but mid-nineties, the C's gave a series of marker events that we would notice in the future, which is now. AND I ALWAYS REMEMBERED THAT THEY SAID "Nuclear event in Ukraine" amongst other marker events. I followed closely the MAIDAN events and the war that ensued and is still raging. To me it seems like it's got a good chance of being the Flashpoint of unprecedented importance leading to the war of wars. Kiev warmongers have made use of several weapons that are deemed UNLAWFUL against the Donbass population, such as Phosphorous and more than likely absolutely cruel punishments such as depleted uranium... The images of the first 2 years pf the Donbass conflict made me cry many times, and have recarved my idea of the future on this planet during my own lifetime. FWIW - I always stay alert to what's happening over there!

At present, the entire farce of the elections and it's outcome go to show how very volatile the situation really is. They sucked up to NATO and the EU, to the point of being blacklisted in my opinion of never ever joining the EU. The matter of NATO is a whole other can of worms. The dozens of Biological weapons labs at arms length from the Russian border, is something that is of utmost importance to the Russian Federation BUT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD, if anyone is still listening....

I may be looking at this situation in the wrong direction but with the Minsk Agreements at a standstill, I sense Putin's proposal is to engage "International Law Protocols" in the form of issued Visa's, to add an arm of Legal Protection for the residents? Legally, it gives Russia a stronger voice and presents in Southeast Ukraine? So, instead of NATO getting a grip into Donbas and the surrounding area, Russia is exerting itself and pushing back (using U.N. International Law)?

Could very well be.

I cannot pinpoint which session precisely, but mid-nineties, the C's gave a series of marker events that we would notice in the future, which is now. AND I ALWAYS REMEMBERED THAT THEY SAID "Nuclear event in Ukraine" amongst other marker events. I followed closely the MAIDAN events and the war that ensued and is still raging. To me it seems like it's got a good chance of being the Flashpoint of unprecedented importance leading to the war of wars. Kiev warmongers have made use of several weapons that are deemed UNLAWFUL against the Donbass population, such as Phosphorous and more than likely absolutely cruel punishments such as depleted uranium... The images of the first 2 years pf the Donbass conflict made me cry many times, and have recarved my idea of the future on this planet during my own lifetime. FWIW - I always stay alert to what's happening over there!

At present, the entire farce of the elections and it's outcome go to show how very volatile the situation really is. They sucked up to NATO and the EU, to the point of being blacklisted in my opinion of never ever joining the EU. The matter of NATO is a whole other can of worms. The dozens of Biological weapons labs at arms length from the Russian border, is something that is of utmost importance to the Russian Federation BUT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD, if anyone is still listening....

romchar,

I think this may be the session mentioning Ukraine:

Session 3 December 1994:
Q: (V) I would like to know the source of the tension between my mother and myself?

A: Maternal influences. Psychological anxiety. Mother daughter rivalry for male attention. Enough personal dilly dallys. Long message to follow. Pause: Ukraine explosion; chemical or nuclear. Hawaii crash; aviation, possibly involving military. More California seismic activity after 1st of year: San Diego, San Bernardino, North Bakersfield, Barstow: all are fracture points. Hollister, Palo Alto, Imperial, Ukiah, Eureka, Point Mendocino, Monterrey, Offshore San Luis Obispo, Capistrano, Carmel: these are all stress points of fracture in sequence. "Time" is indefinite. Expect gradual destruction of California economy as people begin mass exodus. Also, Shasta erupts; Lassen activity. Ocean floor begins to subside. Leave channel open and pause: Queen Elizabeth serious illness; blood related. Princess Diana suicide attempt. Gas explosions this winter in NE United States, Texas and other. Supernova and unusual weather all over. Memphis feels tremors. Minneapolis banking scandal relates to mysterious Nordic covenant. Evangelical sexual tryst exposed. Gold is discovered in California after one of the quakes. UFOs dramatic increase and Gulf Breeze gets swarmed, becomes massive "Mecca". Laura sees much more UFO activity. Huge wave of UFO activity. All manner and origins. Just you wait, it will give you chills and that feeling in the pit of your stomach. Many aliens will appear and we will be visible too. Think of it as a convention. All must awaken to this. It is happening right now. The whole populace will play individual roles according to their individual frequencies. This is only the beginning. Just you wait "Henry Higgins," just you wait!

It could be related to chemical too so maybe not nuclear. It almost sounds like an unexpected explosion.

Here is a little critique on the election by Helmer as it relates to a major Poroshenko clapper and the district of Lviv. It was news to me that of the ten percent of Canadian's that are Ukrainian in heritage, many originally came from this region around the WWII, and this region is discussed here.

This also ties in with the not so in the open battle between Trudeau and Freeland (the latter wants his job and the former has kept her at bay by the sounds of it). The politics by the numbers do not favor Freeland advancing, yet she probably has that ten percent rooting for her if conditions changed.

Remember that Freeland (for those who knew her in the press she would often go hysterical) seems to have high ambitions and was tight with Poroshnko (see above) and who knows what else was going on back in the 2014 days with her and people under Nuland & Co. Readers know that she is deep into the LIMA group in Venezuela and has connections with uncle George (well many do).

From this link here there is her good friend (pictured below) who is now no longer in power. Back in 2015 the discussion was on Ukrainian steel as opposed to Russian steel and who controled them, and since there have been steel duties made by Trump against Canada in the last trade go-around, as the Minister of Trade, these articles are loaded with what was going on.

This article is not very endearing, and it drifts away to Canadian politics, yet it is intertwined:

By John Helmer, Moscow

Chrystia Freeland (lead picture, centre), the Ukrainian-Canadian who is Foreign Minister of Canada, was at a loss for words at the outcome of the Ukrainian presidential election on Sunday. Instead, she re-tweeted Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s statement.
“Canada and Ukraine are united by a strong relationship, rooted in close people-to-people ties,” Trudeau declared, referring to the mostly western Ukrainians – now numbering three million, ten percent of Canada’s population. They had sided with Adolph Hitler and the German Army in World War II; after their defeat they were accepted by Canada as refugees. Freeland’s maternal grandfather, Michael Chomiak from a village near Lviv, had served in the German Army as a spy and as press editor and propagandist for the administration of Galicia, which then included both Ukrainian and Polish territory, headed by Governor-General Hans Frank (lead image, left).
“We are unwavering in our support of Ukraine’s sovereignty and our enduring commitment to the rules-based international order,” Trudeau announced, and Freeland re-tweeted in a formula broad enough to accept terms with Russia to end the five-year war in the east of Ukraine. “I look forward to working with President-elect Zelenskiy to deepen our relationship and build a more secure, more prosperous future for people in both our countries.”
The only region of Ukraine in which the majority did not vote for Vladimir Zelensky was Lviv region and adjoining areas of old Galicia. There, if Freeland, who has tried but failed to challenge Trudeau for the Canadian prime ministry, were to run for election, she would be the favourite to be President of Galicia.
Countrywide, Zelensky defeated the incumbent president Petro Poroshenko by 73% to 24%, with a turnout averaging 62%. The only exception was the city of Lviv and the Lviv region, where Poroshenko scored 63% to Zelensky’s 34%, with turnout of more than 67%.
In the east of the country under the Kiev army’s control, Zelensky won with more than 80% of the votes – 87% in Odessa, 87% in Donetsk, and 89% in Lugansk (the majority of the population in the last two regions did not participate as they have voted for independence of Kiev). The New York Times reported this geographic distribution as Zelensky’s “triumph in every region, except for the area around the city of Lviv, a center of Ukrainian culture and nationalism in the west of the country.”

HOW GALICIA VOTED IN THE SECOND ROUND PRESIDENTIAL POLL OF APRIL 21

The BBC’s map of the second round of the Ukrainian election on April 21. Green indicates the regions won by Zelensky; blue, the Lviv region won by Poroshenko. White stands for Crimea, which voted to join Russia in March 2014, following the US-arranged coup d’état removing the then president, Victor Yanukovich. Grey = the breakaway regions of Donetsk and Lugansk. Source: https://www.bbc.com/
In the first presidential round on March 31, the regional map also confirms the German-period loyalties of the Galician voters. At that time they profited from the Frank administration’s liquidation of the Jewish population; Chomiak and his family benefited directly with car, apartment, valuables, and publishing assets confiscated from Jews; for details, read this. The Galicians still cannot bring themselves to vote for Zelensky, who is Jewish.

HOW GALICIA VOTED IN THE FIRST ROUND POLL OF MARCH 31

Blue = Lviv and Ternopil regions, where Poroshenko led the field; Zelensky drew just 12% and 15%, respectively. Brown = Ivano-Frankivsk region, which was won by Yulia Timoshenko; Zelensky polled 16%. Orange = Yury Boiko, who won in Donetsk with 37% and Lugansk with 44%; Zelensky’s vote was 25% in each of the two regions. Grey = the breakaway regions of Donetsk and Lugansk. Source: https://www.bbc.com/

Freeland keeps an apartment with her sister on Maidan Square, in Kiev (undeclared in her parliamentary asset filings). She has led the political effort in Ottawa to deliver more than a half-billion dollars in Canadian government loans and grants, trade subsidies, and military supplies to Poroshenko’s administration. She has also been instrumental in basing a Canadian military group in the Galician region at Starychi, 40 kilometres northwest of Lviv city. The commander of the Canadian base at Starychi, the general commanding the Canadian Army, and the Canadian ambassador in Kiev have all been Galicians; read their details. Ottawa calls the Canadian military programme in Galicia Operation UNIFIER.
After trying to conceal the war and post-war record of her grandfather, Freeland and her supporters in the Canadian press blamed Russia for leaking details of the story. In fact, the records came from Ukrainian historians and Ukrainian-Canadians in Freeland’s family; Polish police records; archives of the Jewish communities of Lviv and Cracow; and American Army records for the time Chomiak lived in Bavaria and began his work as a US spy. For the archive on Chomiak and Freeland’s record, read this.
Jewish community organizations in Canada have been reluctant to criticize Freeland for her cover-up of the Chomiak story and for the anti-semitism of the current Galician groups, both in Canada and Ukraine. This led to acrimonious debate in the Canadian Jewish press; for more, read this. Jewish voters continue to back Trudeau, Freeland and the Liberal Party for re-election when the federal parliamentary ballot is called in six months’ time, on October 21.
More numerous and powerful, however, than the Ukrainian and Jewish voters are the French in Quebec. In that province Trudeau remains strong enough politically to assure that the Liberals, in alliance with the Bloc Québécois, will continue in power after October 21. Canadian analysts acknowledge that Freeland, who represents a riding in Toronto, Ontario, has no comparable support herself in Quebec.
Last week, this was the political balance of forces across Canada, based on the results of multiple polling organizations:

On this projection, the importance of the Quebec vote to the survival of the Liberal Party in government is clear. If he and his party end up short of the Conservative Party vote, Prime Minister Trudeau could still form a coalition with the New Democratic Party, the Quebec Bloc and the Greens, giving Trudeau a comfortable majority over the Conservatives of 37. Source: https://www.calculatedpolitics.com/
The importance of Quebec to Trudeau is that it is the second largest province in the House of Commons, with 78 members of parliament compared to Ontario’s 121. As the tabulation indicates, the prairie provinces and British Columbia send 104 MPs to Ottawa. The Atlantic provinces account for just 32.

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
Distribution of the House of Commons by province at the last federal election, 2015. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/
Look at the region by region breakdown of voter support between the parties, and here’s how the geography plays into Trudeau’s hands, not Freeland’s.

Source: https://www.calculatedpolitics.com/

Freeland’s ambition for the prime ministry was first reported in January 2017. As foreign minister she has capitalized on the frequent press opportunities this has allowed to promote herself to voters. The name recognition that has resulted has made her one of the most recognized of Trudeau’s ministers.
Her lack of success in capitalizing on Trudeau’s decline in the personal approval ratings and in the straw vote polls was reported here.
Trudeau’s decline has accelerated since February. The resignations of two of Trudeau’s ministers – in February Attorney-General Jody Wilson-Raybould (Vancouver, British Columbia); in March Treasury Board President Jane Philpott (Toronto, Ontario) — triggered media speculation of a deeper loss of confidence in Trudeau’s leadership. The Conservative leader Andrew Scheer (Saskatchewan) said Philpott’s resignation demonstrated that Trudeau had “lost the moral authority to govern. Today, a senior member of his inner circle has come to the same conclusion. Jane Philpott’s resignation from cabinet clearly demonstrates a government in total chaos, led by a disgraced prime minister consumed with scandal and focused only on his political survival.”
The alleged scandal involved Wilson-Raybould’s refusal to accept an out-of-court settlement of foreign bribery charges against SNC Lavalin, a Montreal-based engineering corporation. She defied Trudeau’s and his government’s policy and insisted on a criminal prosecution of the corporation; that move threatened to disqualify SNC-Lavalin from federal contracts and thousands of jobs in Quebec. Wilson-Raybould accused Trudeau of improper interference in the legal proceeding; Philpott joined her; Scheer jumped on their bandwagon. The majority of eastern Canadian voters, starting in Quebec, saw the issue as a political contest in the run-up to the election; in western Canada, voters took their cue from the Conservatives.
Secret canvassing by Liberal MPs to promote Freeland to replace the prime minister in time to run the election campaign has not been acknowledged in public. The Liberal parliamentary caucus united around the prime minister, and on April 2 Wilson-Raybould and Philpott were expelled from the caucus. Freeland had already travelled to a Montreal suburb to tell Quebec voters she was remaining loyal to Trudeau.

In her Quebec fealty speech, Freeland pitched her support for Trudeau on the basis that he supports her as a ‘feminist’ and as a ‘working mother’. Source: https://montrealgazette.com/
The press in Quebec and Quebec politicians had already rallied around SNC Lavalin and Trudeau. French-speaking journalists dismissed the claim that the two resignations signified Trudeau was “anti-feminist”. Melanie Joly (Quebec), minister for Francophonie, told the Journal de Montréal on April 3 that Wilson-Raybould and Philpott had started a “false debate” over Trudeau’s commitment to women voters. “Loyalty,” Joly told the newspaper, “is not an affair for a man or a woman. When one is a member of a team and when one must be able to rely on our colleagues who comprise that team, confidence is important.”
The leading French newspaper followed on April 5 with an opinion piece strongly endorsing Trudeau, and accusing Wilson-Raybould and Philpott of playing a “very bad vaudeville”.

Source: https://www.journaldemontreal.com/

A Toronto political analyst says that right now Freeland has counted the votes and decided “she is a fervent Trudeau loyalist. To that extent she rises or falls with him on the present trajectory. I don’t see her having much political traction without him generally, and certainly not in Quebec. The ‘feminist foreign policy’ brand has become a bit tired, frankly. It’s an automatic claim all Canadian politicians make in any case.”

Note: In the lead photograph, in left foreground, Hans Frank, the Governor-General of German-occupied Galicia, which he ran from Cracow from 1939 to 1944. He was captured in Bavaria by US forces and tried at Nuremberg between November 1945 and October 1946. Found guilty of murdering Jews and Poles, Frank was hanged on October 16, 1946. Chrystia Freeland was born in Alberta, Canada, on August 2, 1968.

Zelenskiy officially declared the elected President:
Vadim Ivanov 13:51 04/30/2019 Video
he CEC of Ukraine officially summed up the elections and declared Vladimir Zelensky the elected President of the country. In the second morning, he scored 73.22% of the vote.

The current head of state - Petro Poroshenko - ceded Zelensky crushingly, receiving only 24.45% of the vote. Another 2.31% of the ballots were considered invalid.

“Vladimir Aleksandrovich Zelensky, a candidate for the presidency of Ukraine, is elected president of Ukraine,” Tatiana Slipachuk, chairperson of the CEC, announced during the meeting.

The CEC chairman added that there were no complaints and violations of the law that could cast doubt on the results of the presidential elections in Ukraine. ■

One outlet on this article below. So don't much about the details without another source.

Snip:
The fire erupted in the transformer of the third reactor unit at Rivne.

THERE was panic last night after a blaze tore through a Ukrainian nuclear power plant reactor built in the same year as the Chernobyl nuke disaster.

Videos show the alarming inferno at Rivne power plant in the ex-Soviet republic as emergency teams battled to bring high flames and toxic black smoke under control.

Three dozen firefighters and ten fire trucks rushed to the blaze to extinguish it after emergency procedures were set in place.

The cause is so far unknown.

Ukraine’s State Emergency Situations Service of Rivne region reported the level of radiation remained normal in the area.

There were no casualties, it was claimed.

Petro Kratik, head of information at Rivne nuclear station, confirmed there had been a fire and said that reactor number three was shut down as a precaution.

He added: “According to the international scale of emergencies at nuclear stations this event level is zero.

“The radioactive and ecological situations did not change.”

Monday's fire started at 9.07pm local time and it took about an hour to fully extinguish it, by 10.05pm (8.05pm BST), he said.

The plant was reconnected to the Ukrainian grid several minutes before midnight after the blaze was killed, say reports.

AND I ALWAYS REMEMBERED THAT THEY SAID "Nuclear event in Ukraine" amongst other marker events.
I think this may be the session mentioning Ukraine:
THERE was panic last night after a blaze tore through a Ukrainian nuclear power plant reactor built in the same year as the Chernobyl nuke disaster.
:shock: You guys were just talking about it yesterday. I hope it's really under control like they say.

:shock: You guys were just talking about it yesterday. I hope it's really under control like they say.

I am wondering about that too. I am sure they would want to play down any radiation dangers.

There actually have been various "explosions" all throughout the civil war in Ukraine. I suppose we just haven't been thinking about the connection to the Cs saying "Ukraine explosion; chemical or nuclear". It's good that romochar mentioned it to refresh our memory maybe.

In c.a.'s post above there is this link:

NUCLEAR INFERNO Panic after blaze rips through Ukraine nuclear power plant reactor built same year as Chernobyl nuke disaster

Transformers often "explode" and cause fires. What Happens When a Transformer Blows?

Earlier there was an ammunition dump explosion posted by angelburst29 in 2017:

WARNING, DEPLETED URAINIUM, RADIATION LEVELS ON THE RISE, DUE TO NATO AND UKRAINE JUNTA AMMO DUMP EXPLOSION

There probably more we missed but several ammunition dumps have been hit throughout the war which could have contained chemical and biological weapons so I think the "open" nature of predictions the Cs were accurate enough to describe what has transpired.

Well, one clue on who is backing Zelenskiy ...

The wife of Ukrainian president-elect Volodymyr Zelenskiy bought a luxury apartment for less than half the market rate from business tycoon Oleksandr Buryak, according to official income and property records.

Exclusive: Wife of Ukraine president-elect got penthouse bargain from tycoon
A view shows the Emperor's House residential complex in the Black Sea resort of Yalta, Crimea April 15, 2019. Picture taken April 15, 2019. REUTERS/David Axelrod

A view shows the Emperor's House residential complex in the Black Sea resort of Yalta, Crimea April 15, 2019. Picture taken April 15, 2019. REUTERS/David Axelrod

The wife of Ukrainian president-elect Volodymyr Zelenskiy bought a luxury apartment for less than half the market rate from business tycoon Oleksandr Buryak, according to official income and property records.

Zelenskiy, a comedian and TV star with no political experience, won the April 21 presidential election after campaigning as someone who stands apart from the wealthy elite that dominates Ukrainian business and politics.

But the deal over the apartment — in the upmarket “Emperor” complex on the Black Sea coast — indicates that Zelenskiy’s family has benefited from a transaction with a member of that same wealthy elite.

Buryak, the businessman who, according to public property register documents sold the apartment, declined to comment on the apartment when Reuters contacted him by telephone, and did not respond to written questions.

Zelenskiy’s wife, Olena Zelenska, bought the three-room penthouse apartment on Ukraine’s Crimea peninsula for $163,893 in April 2013, according to the declaration of income and assets filed this year by her husband, and the Ukrainian property register.

For the purchase, made the year before Russia annexed Crimea, she paid the equivalent of about $1,263 per square meter.

A 2012 listing published on Ukrainian real estate site domik.ua put the price for an apartment in the Emperor complex in a range of between $3,500 and $4,000 per square meter.

A second listing for the same building, published in 2012 on the indoor-estate.ru site, gave the minimum price as $2,800 per square meter.

A Crimea real estate agent, who spoke on condition of anonymity, confirmed that apartments comparable to those in the Emperor complex usually sold in 2013 for between $2,500 and $3,000 per square meter but could go for up to $5,000.

Buryak is a former member of the Ukrainian parliament who, with his brother Sergei, was controlling shareholder in Ukrainian lender Brokbiznesbank from at least 2010 until they sold the majority stake in mid-2013, according to data from Ukraine’s securities and exchange commission and a disclosure statement from the bank.

Unnamed former Brokbiznesbank executives are under criminal investigation on suspicion that they embezzled money from the bank starting in 2012, according to court documents filed by prosecutors.

As part of that investigation, prosecutors seized the assets of two companies suspected of benefiting from the alleged fraud, court documents show.

Both firms, Seredynetske and Svarog-Bukovyna, are owned by Oleksandr Buryak and were owned by him at the time the alleged fraud took place, according to the official Ukrainian register of company ownership.

WEALTHY ASSOCIATES
Zelenskiy’s opponents accuse him of being a pawn of Ihor Kolomoisky, one of Ukraine’s richest men whose media company has worked closely with the comedian’s TV production business. Both Zelenskiy and Kolomoisky deny the president-elect is under the tycoon’s influence.

Kolomoisky told Reuters he believed Buryak sold the apartment to Zelenska cheaply because his bank was short of liquidity and he needed to raise cash quickly. He did not offer evidence to support that claim.

The Ukrainian central bank declared Brokbiznesbank illiquid on Feb. 28, 2014, 10 months after the apartment sale.

In November 2013, six months after the apartment was sold, Ukrainian ratings agency “Expert-Rating”, in a report published on the Brokbiznesbank website, said the bank’s finances were robust and its liquidity was significantly above the average level for the sector.

Buryak volunteered for Zelenskiy’s election campaign this year, according to data from the election commission. He was delegated by the campaign to monitor for vote violations on polling day in Kryvyi Rih, Zelenskiy’s home region.

PRIME REAL ESTATE
Guarded by a pair of stone lions either side of its entrance, the Emperor complex sits in thickly-wooded parkland overlooking the Black Sea in the Crimean resort of Yalta.

Next door is the Livadia Palace, where U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt stayed while attending the Yalta conference with Soviet leader Josef Stalin and Britain’s Winston Churchill at the end of World War Two.

Zelenska is given as the current owner of the apartment in the Ukrainian property register.

Her apartment was listed for sale with the Prichal 82 real estate agency in April at a price of $790,668, more than four times the purchase price in 2013 or the equivalent of $5,195 per square meter.

Putin expands list of on fast-tracked Russian passports for Ukrainians
Russian President Vladimir Putin meets with members of the public in Simferopol, Crimea March 18, 2019. Yuri Kadobnov/Pool via REUTERS

Russian President Vladimir Putin meets with members of the public in Simferopol, Crimea March 18, 2019. Yuri Kadobnov/Pool via REUTERS

Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a decree expanding the list of Ukrainians and citizens of some other countries eligible for fast-tracked Russian passports, the Kremlin said on Wednesday.

The initial decree, simplifying the procedure for obtaining a Russian passport for residents of the rebel-controlled Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine, was signed by Putin on April 24

The move has drawn rebukes from the European Union and Kiev.

The Kremlin on Wednesday published an expanded list of those eligible to acquire Russian passports within three months, including those who live in “certain territories” of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions.

The law is effective from the day of signing, May 1. The list of those eligible for fast-tracked Russian passports also includes Ukrainians who lived in Crimea before it was annexed by Russia from Ukraine in March 2014.

The list also cited citizens of Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen and Syria who were born in Russia during the Soviet era.

Last week, Putin said there was nothing wrong with easing rules for residents of Ukrainian rebel regions to receive Russian passports.

He also said Moscow was considering offering all Ukrainian citizens fast-tracked Russian passports.

Kremlin says Zelensky’s election victory is clear, respects Ukrainians’ choice
Vladimir Zelensky

Vladimir Zelensky © Anna Marchenko/TASS

The Kremlin respects the Ukrainians’ opinion expressed at the presidential election and considers that Vladimir Zelensky’s victory is obvious, Russian Presidential Spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters on Tuesday.

"From the very beginning we have said that we respect the choice of the Ukrainian people and that Zelensky’s victory is obvious, because the figures [outcome of Ukraine’s presidential election] speak for themselves," Peskov stressed.

Peskov noted that in this regard it is it is incorrect to say that Moscow has recognized or has not recognized the Ukrainian election results.

The Ukrainian Central Election Commission is yet to announce the official outcome, he noted.

May 3, 2019 Stalker Zone Video's Tweets Pict's
In the evening of May 2nd about 1,000 Ukrainian nationalists from right-wing organisations staged a torchlight procession on the streets of Odessa during the “March of Ukrainian order” on the fifth anniversary of the events of May 2nd 2014.

Videos of what happened were published by local media on YouTube.

Young people dressed in camouflage walked along the central streets of the city and left lamps in the form of the Ukrainian coat of arms on Grecheskaya Square. They also held a prayer service for the Heavenly Hundred and Kiev’s military operation in Donbass.

The procession began this afternoon. The marchers walked in rows in the center of Odessa. For this, the police blocked traffic on several streets. The marchers chanted: “Glory to the nation, death to enemies, Ukraine above all, and Glory to Ukraine – glory to heroes.

Earlier skirmishes began on Kulikovo Field, where the memory of the victims of the May 2 tragedy was being honoured.

According to the correspondent of the “Strana” news agency, about 40 young guys with red balls passed inside the cordon. It is worth noting that usually on the day of commemoration of the victims of the tragedy, after 4:00 pm hundreds of black balloons are launched into the air.
  • photo_2019-05-02_18-04-40-2.jpg
These guys were immediately surrounded by people who came to honour the memory. A hustle and verbal skirmish began. The young people constantly shouted out “Glory to Ukraine!”. Both sides of the conflict insulted each other, the situation was tense.

Near the House of Trade Unions there were about 40 pro-Ukrainian activists and about 300 supporters of Kulikovo Field [Anti-maidan – ed], mostly elderly people.

The police were near, but did not intervene in the conflict – everyone was already mixed up into a single crowd.
Those who are sympathetic to the victims of the tragedy prepared to launch black (three bundles of 20 units each) and white (one bundle with the same number) balloons. This, as they say, symbolises the souls of the dead.

Eyewitnesses say that during the clash one of the women hit a journalist. The girl received no injuries, only her clothes were damaged. The police did not carry out any arrests.

Also, an inhabitant of Odessa published a photo with the shish kebabs that he had for lunch on the same day near Kulikovo Field. The provocative photo was published by Demyan Ganul – an Odessa Banderist and leader of “Street Front” – on his social network page.

Near the House of Trade Unions there were about 40 pro-Ukrainian activists and about 300 supporters of Kulikovo Field [Anti-maidan – ed], mostly elderly people.

The police were near, but did not intervene in the conflict – everyone was already mixed up into a single crowd.
Those who are sympathetic to the victims of the tragedy prepared to launch black (three bundles of 20 units each) and white (one bundle with the same number) balloons. This, as they say, symbolises the souls of the dead.

Eyewitnesses say that during the clash one of the women hit a journalist. The girl received no injuries, only her clothes were damaged. The police did not carry out any arrests.

Also, an inhabitant of Odessa published a photo with the shish kebabs that he had for lunch on the same day near Kulikovo Field. The provocative photo was published by Demyan Ganul – an Odessa Banderist and leader of “Street Front” – on his social network page.

21a62b5dcb0f7d974b2f9e14735fd1a5.png

“We just had lunch with kebabs near Kulikovo Field,” said the activist.

It is worth noting that the publication made between 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm gathered 168 likes. But at the same time, many left negative comments under it.

“It is very regrettable for me that the brain of this young man was minced when he was younger, when he went to football matches, not to cheer on his team, but to mumble in the crowd with fans of his opponent’s football club. Questions about the situation in general would not have arisen if the obvious symbolism of his post had not been traced to a situation where people were burned alive,” wrote one of the commenters.

Where's Israelis examination of this event?

dda0c782da1952e6d069ec6985a11877.png

"Russia should return control over each millimeter from the Ukrainian side", Ukraine’s President-elect wrote on his Facebook page.

Zelensky says Ukraine and Russia share only state border, have nothing else in common
Vladimir Zelensky

Vladimir Zelensky © Anna Marchenko/TASS

Ukraine’s President-elect Vladimir Zelensky has said it’s possible to search for a compromise in relations with Russia only when Kiev returns control over the state border.

"After any ‘goodbye’ a ‘good day’ will come, for sure. I have been thinking for long about what Ukraine and Russia have "much in common". The reality is so that after Crimea’s annexation and aggression in Donbass, we have only one thing left in "common" - this is the state border: 2,295 km and 400 meters in "common". "Russia should return control over each millimeter from the Ukrainian side", Zelensky wrote on his Facebook page on Thursday.

"Only then we will be able to continue looking for "common ground", he stressed.

Ukraine’s runoff presidential election was held on April 21. With 100% of the vote counted, showman Vladimir Zelensky, a candidate of the Servant of the People party, won by a landslide with 73.22% of the vote (more than 13.5 mln people backed him). Incumbent Ukrainian President Pyotr Poroshenko, who has ruled the country for five years, garnered 24.45%. The new president is due to be sworn in by May 31.

Crimea and Sevastopol adopted declarations of independence on March 11, 2014. They held a referendum on March 16, 2014, in which 96.7% of Crimeans and 95.6% of Sevastopol voters chose to secede from Ukraine and join Russia. The Russian president signed the reunification deals on March 18, 2014. The document was ratified by Russia’s national legislature, the Federal Assembly, on March 21, 2014. Despite the convincing results of the referendum, Kiev refused to recognize Crimea as part of Russia. The United States and the European Union slapped economic sanctions in 2014.

Opposition politician slams Zelensky for 'only thing left in common' remarks
According to Viktor Medvedchuk, Zelensky made that statement for the sake of a witty remark, and no sober-minded person will agree with that.
Chairman of the Political Council of the Opposition Platform - For Life party Viktor Medvedchuk

Chairman of the Political Council of the Opposition Platform - For Life party Viktor Medvedchuk
© Sergey Bobylev/TASS

Ukraine’s president-elect Vladimir Zelensky is completely wrong when he says that Ukraine and Russia share only the state border, Chairman of the Political Council of the Opposition Platform - For Life party Viktor Medvedchuk said in a statement.

"The statement by Ukraine’s president-elect Vladimir Zelensky who said that Russia and Ukraine ‘have only one thing left in common, that is, the state border, 2,295 km and 400 meters' is a profound mistake, which contradicts the reality," he said. According to Medvedchuk, Zelensky made that statement for the sake of a witty remark, and no sober-minded person will agree with that.

The politician stressed that Ukrainians and Russians share a common thousand-year history, Slavic roots, Christian Orthodox faith, culture and language, which is spoken by more than one-half of Ukrainian citizens.

Medvedchuk added that millions of relatives living in both countries, as well as the "Great Victory in the most sanguinary war in the history of humanity, the Great Patriotic War" were likewise common for Russia and Ukraine.

"If Mr. Zelensky is unaware of that, doesn’t want to hear about that or decided to give it up toeing Pyotr Poroshenko’s line, I can say only one thing: I am very sorry. I feel sorry for Ukrainians. Many will regret it, if they find out that they bargained one trouble for another," he concluded.

Zelensky said on May 2 that Russia and Ukraine shared only state border.

On April 30, Ukraine’s Central Election Commission announced the official results of the presidential election in the country. Zelensky won the runoff election, having garnered 73.22% of the vote, while incumbent President Pyotr Poroshenko secured 24.45% of the vote.

Russia's decision to grant citizenship to Donbass residents purely humanitarian — diplomat
On April 24, Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a decree allowing the residents of several regions of southeastern Ukraine to receive Russian citizenship in a simplified manner.
1220314.jpg

© Stanislav Krasilnikov/TASS

Moscow decided to simplify the procudere of obtaining Russian citizenship for Donbass residents becayse the Ukrainian authorities are depriving them of their legal rights, Russia's Deputy Envoy to the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) Dmitry Balakin said on Thursday.

Balakin said Russia regrets to see how Kiev deprived Donbass residents of almost all their legal rights and excluded them from political and social-economic processes in Ukraine, thus making them de facto disenfranchised people on the territory of their own country.

"In the current conditions, the Russian Federation, led by purely humanitarian considerations, decided to simplify the procedure of obtaining Russian citizenship for residents of separate areas of Donbass without making them give up their current citizenship. There is no truth to statements by certain representatives who said that Donbass residents are being forced to obtain Russian citizenship," the diplomat noted.

Over 1,000 Ukrainian servicemen killed or injured in Donbass over last year — DPR
Head of the people's militia of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) Eduard Basurin said that 219 Ukrainian servicemen were killed and 844 more injured over the last year.
1220318.jpg

© Valentin Sprinchak/TASS

Over 1,000 Ukrainian army's servicemen have been killed or injured since the start of the military operation in Donbass under Sergey Nayev's command, head of the people's militia of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) Eduard Basurin said on Thursday.

"A total of 219 Ukrainian servicemen were killed and 844 more injured since Nayev assumed command," Donetsk News Agency quoted Basurin as saying. He added that 1,252 Ukrainian servicemen are listed as missing or deserted. Basurin also said that over 70 pieces of Ukrainian military equipment broke down as a result of careless handling.

The head of the DPR people's militia also refuted Nayev's statement that Ukrainian forces have regained control over three settlements and the territory of 24 sq km in Donbass since last spring.

On 30 April 2018 Ukrainian President Pyotr Poroshenko announced the start of the anti-terrorist operation in Donbass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom