"Clean" Pork Producers (Organic / Grass-fed / Natural)

No grains, no vaccines, no GMOs, no antibiotics, no hormones, no castration, no pesticides, pasture raised. I'm paying $32 a pound shipped to my home. The high cost will probably limit me to eating this pork around once a week, so hopefully those advanced proteins make it in. This pork is like a weekly spiritual service.

No grains, no vaccines, no GMOs, no antibiotics, no hormones, no castration, no pesticides, pasture raised. I'm paying $32 a pound shipped to my home. The high cost will probably limit me to eating this pork around once a week, so hopefully those advanced proteins make it in. This pork is like a weekly spiritual service.
What cut are you buying for that price? Or to you received an assorted pack?

I've only been buying from USWellness and their shipping is sometimes free, but otherwise $15. But in the US I found these two which seem good on first look with pastured pork:

The first is based in Indiana and has $159 minimum for free shipping, but it goes up the further you're away from the farm. The second is in Georgia and free shipping with an order of $249, $15 for $159, and $20 for under that.

I'm not doing keto for almost 2 years now and I only eat 1 pound of ground beef a week, because I eat liverwurst, sardines sometimes, and have been putting collagen powder in my tea. So a large order I think would last me quite a while these days. I've been craving some bacon recently too.

I've been craving some bacon recently too.
Bacon, did you say bacon!!! <<Immediate saliva gland activation>>

Aside from the excellent bulk options listed above, if someone wants to treat themselves to the best bacon ever, you have to try some Nueske's from up in the Midwest. The only place our family gets bacon from. (if someone doesn't get Nueske's at Christmas then they know they were on our naughty list that year)

Three and I guess soon to be four generations run the smokehouse and like I said, you gotta try it at least once.

Now I am hungry.

(And I tend to keep the shipping containers, have come in super handy over the years for lots of different uses, both hot and cold)

What cut are you buying for that price? Or to you received an assorted pack?
Assorted pack of the farmer's choosing.

But in the US I found these two which seem good on first look with pastured pork:

Grain fed.
Our pigs enjoy a variety of forage and can choose to supplement their diet with non-GMO corn, oats, and soybeans.

Sounds like grain fed.
They are supplemented with Non-GMO feed.

Sounds like grain fed.
How's that an issue? In this instance, the only concern would be pesticides, because it's not organic feed?

I thought the law against eating young didn't apply to second density? So ideally, 2D can eat the young, but we shouldn't?

How's that an issue?
I'm trying to find pork that has not been fed grains, per the latest session.
(Temperance) May I piggyback on the pork feed questions? So, from what I've understood based on what I've learned about pork diets or pig diets, they're not able to survive on pasture alone. Is this true?

A: Close. Omnivores like humans.

Q: (Temperance) Okay. What is the optimal supplementation with grain to balance out their diet?

A: Avoid grain. Feed veggies etc.

I've seen in passing that grains raise the PUFAs in pork, though I have not researched it yet.

How's that an issue? In this instance, the only concern would be pesticides, because it's not organic feed?

I thought the law against eating young didn't apply to second density? So ideally, 2D can eat the young, but we shouldn't?

IMO purity is a fun game in 3D, but it can be taken to an extreme that's not helpful .So I see no need to get super up-tight about finding the perfect pork. If you don't eat that much pork, and don't have a disposable income to buy the perfect pork, then pork with 'plenty of forage + non-GMO organic grains' is just fine as food. The body can handle some toxins, it can handle some WiFi, it can handle some FM-radio DJs, and it can handle some organic PUFA intake.

I looked back on the thread but couldn't find a link. Can you share the source? I like the idea of treating myself with such high quality pork once a week.

3DStudent,

Curious if you were being overdramatic for effect in the use of the word "law" or if you were being literal?
I was literal:

(L) Yeah. But veggies are different from grains. I mean there's a lot of root vegetables, leafy vegetables or fruits, all those kinds of things that do not entail eating the seeds or the potential young. So, maybe there's... Is there some kind of cosmic law about consuming the young of other creatures?

A: Close

IMO purity is a fun game in 3D, but it can be taken to an extreme that's not helpful .So I see no need to get super up-tight about finding the perfect pork.
Yeah that's why I said ideally in the original post. I know there are probably tiers of healthy food, the best being organic pastured pigs with no vaccines or meds that haven't eaten GMO grain. And I don't think people will just stop eating some things just because a session revealed some new info, myself included.

So I suppose it's just an ideal, that pigs are best (which we already knew), along with the other caveats. As usual, we do the best we can. And pork can be a sacrament we partake in occasionally if we can't consume it most of the time.

Hope I'm making sense. I didn't mean to apply there's any kind of cosmic law police or even additional negative karma over these things. It's just when a session reveals some new things, I just wonder how I will implement the new info, if at all.

IMO purity is a fun game in 3D, but it can be taken to an extreme that's not helpful .So I see no need to get super up-tight about finding the perfect pork. If you don't eat that much pork, and don't have a disposable income to buy the perfect pork, then pork with 'plenty of forage + non-GMO organic grains' is just fine as food. The body can handle some toxins, it can handle some WiFi, it can handle some FM-radio DJs, and it can handle some organic PUFA intake.

Indeed. Those recommendations by the Cs were like really optimal conditions. And at this point, unless you hunt yourself the animals, the food is not going to meet all the optimal requirements, here in the US at least. One way or another, meat will contain some toxins. I think a good supplement protocol it’s good enough to counter them. The options mentioned above are way better than regular comercial market places already.

Last edited:
Indeed. Those recommendations by the Cs were like really optimal conditions. And at this point, unless you hunt yourself the animals, the food is not going to meet all the optimal requirements, here in the US at least. One way or another, meet will contain some toxins. I think a good supplement protocol it’s good enough to counter them. The options mentioned above are way better than regular comercial market places already.

Maybe the best solution would be if someone could make a new homeopathic remedy based on pork? Something like pork micro-dosing?

I was literal:
Good to know.

I took Laura's questions and the answer differently, particularly...

"So, maybe there's..." and the following "some kind of" with the answer of "Close"

...as not being prescriptive enough to call it a law. Integration of a suggestion based on an output of a squishy question with an equally squishy answer is well worth the try to see how it positively or negatively impacts your health, I think we all can agree with and probably a lot of us have done. But I would just caution of getting wrapped up in the axels of rigid compliance to the point of only being able to operate within a let of 'laws' that are quite possibly, self-imposed.

And at this point, unless you hunt yourself the animals, the food is not going to meet all the optimal requirements, here in the US at least.
Agree however from experience, knowing your 'immediate environment' is crucial as you don't know if the hog or sow just came from a field where they were drinking radiator fluid from a leaking tractor. Or venison out West that get coated and drink fire retardant dropped from tankers. I think that is why all the high end hunts are in the high altitude scrub mountains as those animals (Rams, elk, mule deer) have pretty but barren environments devoid of humans trying to 'manage' their nature. ;)

One way or another, meat will contain some toxins.
This is a good point, as even hunted meat can have natural toxins if the game is spooked and pumping adrenal fluids that taste horrible and probably not good to digest and absorb. And the reason for the uptick in having a butcher come to your place and process your livestock instead of freaking them out by transporting to a slaughterhouse. Less (natural) toxins in the meat.

The options mentioned above are way better than regular comercial market places already.
Indeed. People won't find pork 100% grass-fed simply because, as some farmers explained to me on the phone, it is not profitable: the animal does not gain enough weight on grass alone. They need to supplement with a certain amount of grains. It's no good if the farmer can't make a living out of his practice, and neither is it realistic to charge 60$/kg to people for the meat, or for people to limit themselves to eating meat once a week for that reason.

I think the best compromise would be to choose a meat with no GMO (or the smallest %), the highest fodder ratio, access to pasture, and supplemented with veggies. My choice ended on ordering Berkshire pork from FERME D'ORÉE, but if I could afford it, I would have chosen Ferme St-Vincent which had a higher fodder ratio but is double the price.

Question: is corn considered a grain or a veggie? If it's a vegetable, then it should not be a problem if there is corn added to their feed, as long as it's organic. Any comments on that?

Back
Top Bottom