Comet?

Ghazi18

Jedi
Hello to all again! Question for the C's if possible

About 3-4 months ago I was in front of my house talking to my girlfriend and as I look to the sky I see what appears to be a comet! It was closer than normal I would say a couple hundred feet above me and it had a yellow/orangeish "tail" and as it was passing by I saw bits of it falling of. It disappeared or disintegrated by my house and I feel as if I was possibly the only person to see it but I could be wrong. I did not see it come passing by from afar, It looked like it just came out of nowhere above my house and it disappeared by it as well. Ive been thinking about what I saw ever since then because its just a little out of the ordinary to see an object like that pretty close ( about 200-400 feet above me). Normally objects like that are seen further away and are little points of light in the sky but this was closer and I could see details of it like color of the "tail' and the "pieces" of it falling of as it passed by and then disappeared.

I would like to know if possible if this "comet" was just a normal one and just happened to pass by my area a lot closer than normal. If not then what was it and was there any meaning to this event?

Thank You so much for everything and for giving people opportunities to enquire and to also study the material :)

Hello Ghazi18,
The way you describe the object, it's not a comet. It is most certainly a meteor. You observe a comet moving across the sky during days or weeks because they are outside of the Earth. A meteor, which can be a piece of a desintegratd comet but not always, "burns" in the atmosphere, and you observe it falling during a few seconds. The meteor you saw may be a fireball (a big and bright meteor).

If you live in the US, you can check whether other people saw the same meteor in the American Meteor Society's website: American Meteor Society or the Fire in the Sky section of SOTT :)

I would like to know if possible if this "comet" was just a normal one and just happened to pass by my area a lot closer than normal. If not then what was it and was there any meaning to this event?

Yes it is possible, although you could debate if it was actually a comet or Meteorite as mkrnhr pointed out. Having said that, Pierre
Lescaudron and Laura in their book Earth Changes and the Human-Cosmic Connection point out that there might not be so much difference between a Meteor and a Comet other than their electrical potential. Laura also made a list in which similar happenings as you describe are mentioned all over the world in her book The Apocalypse.

Yes it is possible, although you could debate if it was actually a comet or Meteorite as mkrnhr pointed out. Having said that, Pierre
Lescaudron and Laura in their book Earth Changes and the Human-Cosmic Connection point out that there might not be so much difference between a Meteor and a Comet other than their electrical potential. Laura also made a list in which similar happenings as you describe are mentioned all over the world in her book The Apocalypse.

Well, you can't debate if it was a "comet" or a "meteorite". By definition, a comet is, as mkrnhr pointed out, outside of Earth's atmosphere. It was a meteor/fireball that might possibly have started its life as a comet fragment or an asteroid fragment, but once it entered the Earth's atmosphere, whichever it was, it was a meteor. If it hits the ground as a piece of something, it is then a meteorite.

Well, you can't debate if it was a "comet" or a "meteorite".

Yes you are right, I was confusing the terms. There are Comets and then there are Asteroids and between the two, if I understood correctly, there might not be such a big difference as the Mainstream-Science community thinks.

Here is a graphic from Pierre and Lauras book that illustrates the different classifications:

Thanks so much for the replies! I will look over The Apocalypse, thanks for the feedback i really appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom