Comets and viruses: a hypothesis

Galaxia2002

Dagobah Resident
Hello, my english is improving but not well enough, be patient please :rolleyes:

Some time ago I had an idea for a situation which could connect the fall of asteroids with the appearance of pests. This was explained by me earlier in the forum in Spanish.

I read in the book "The Intelligent Universe" by Fred Hoyle that in the 60s there were some experiments with balloons where it was detected the presence of bacteria apparently in the upper atmosphere (stratosphere). From that moment had a boom of the panspermia hypothesis, suggesting that the "seeds" or essence of life (bacteria and viruses) are prevalent scattered throughout the universe and life on Earth began with the arrival of such seeds to our planet, perhaps from asteroids. In fact were discovered bacteria that survive very tough conditions, including in nuclear reactors (micrococcus radiophilus)

My point is, it is known that in the higher atmospheric regions there are layers of air which do not mix with each other, and what I propose is that this could be a reservoir of microscopic life where high intensity sunlight could cause mutations including making pathogenic or not organisms that have arrived there. Even this region could harbor potential microorganisms that come from the disintegration of meteors, but it is very questionable.
Well, my hypothesis is that if there would be this "static" reservoir it could be only seriously disturbed by either upward or downward currents of air, that with more probability would or wouldn´t be permitted in very mountainous regions.
Volcanoes could be a way to feed the reservoir with fresh material from earth, so I could say that not all the biological material can necessarily come from space.

I noticed that many viruses are located in Asia, that could be just my impression but there are several reports as the flu, the most common, and it could be due to the very large bird population, which could serve as reserve of the virus but in this region also there are very high mountain ranges that could ease the interchange with high atmosphere. This can be a single parelell, but is curious why so many viruses are found in Asia.

Here is what I said Chandra Wickramasinghe astrobiologist said about the SARS virus (from wikipedia)

On the 24th May 2003 The Lancet published a letter from Wickramasinghe, jointly signed by Milton Wainwright and Jayant Narlikar, which suggested that SARS could be extraterrestrial. The letter is currently (December 2006) referenced on the Cardiff Astrobiology website. It includes this claim:
With respect to the SARS outbreak, a prima facie case for a possible space incidence can already be made...

A small amount of the culprit virus introduced into the stratosphere could make a first tentative fall out East of the great mountain range of the Himalayas, where the stratosphere is thinnest, followed by sporadic deposits in neighbouring areas.
From
http://virus.stanford.edu/uda/

The influenza pandemic of 1918

[...]
The origins of this influenza variant is not precisely known. It is thought to have originated in China in a rare genetic shift of the influenza virus. The recombination of its surface proteins created a virus novel to almost everyone and a loss of herd immunity.[...]

Flu study sheds light on how it spreads

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/science/sciencenews/3339763/Flu-study-sheds-light-on-how-it-spreads.html

By Roger Highfield, Science Editor
Last Updated: 6:46PM BST 16 Apr 2008

The biggest studies of their kind have shown how seasonal flu epidemics are born in the Far East, sweep westwards and then die out in South America, crucial intelligence to improve influenza vaccines.

Annual influenza epidemics are thought to infect 5-15 per cent of the world population each year, cause three to five million cases of severe illness, and between 250,000 and 500,000 deaths.

The studies show how epidemics of the most common type of influenza virus, A (H3N2), are seeded by viruses that originate in East and Southeast Asia and migrate around the world.

The new findings suggest that by focusing surveillance efforts on East and Southeast Asia, researchers may be able to extend their forecast of the flu strains most likely to cause epidemics, which may in turn help experts decide which strains should go in the flu vaccine each year. […]

12,000 children in China now have deadly virus

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24469394/

BEIJING - China reported a jump Monday in the number of children sickened with hand, foot and mouth disease, saying more than 11,900 cases have been reported.

At least 24 deaths in the central province of Anhui and Guangdong province in the south have been blamed on enterovirus 71, one of several viruses that cause the disease, the official Xinhua News Agency said.

Two other children — one in Guangdong and another in the coastal province of Zhejiang — have also died of hand, foot and mouth disease but it wasn't immediately clear which strain of virus killed them, it said. [...]

The other part is how else could get disrupted this potential reservoir of microorganisms?

An asteroid or comet. This is the point, It would make a hole literally in the static layer of the atmosphere dragging a large column of air descending and bringing all the germs of the upper layers. It doesn´t matter if the microorganism come from outside or inside in origin .it is likely that they have time there. This would be an explanation for the plagues associated with comets, although there may be factors at long-and short-term, chemical factors that could cause disease at the site of impact and biological factors as viruses that would make large tracts of land.

Here I am aware that there is much speculation on my part and I put this to see if you notice a connection. I would like found a map with the worldwide distribuition of viruses.

Galaxia2002 said:
An asteroid or comet. This is the point, It would make a hole literally in the static layer of the atmosphere dragging a large column of air descending and bringing all the germs of the upper layers. It doesn´t matter if the microorganism come from outside or inside in origin .it is likely that they have time there. This would be an explanation for the plagues associated with comets, although there may be factors at long-and short-term, chemical factors that could cause disease at the site of impact and biological factors as viruses that would make large tracts of land.

Many bugs (bacteria and viruses) would have a hard time surving in the atmosphere or even on a comet. They tend to have 'hosts' which are compatible to their needs. Although not impossible, it does seem improbable that a virus or a bacteria would survive the atmosphere or entry into the atmosphere by a space object. However there may be quite a significant link between the arrival of a comet and the effect on the human population. It may be severly challenging to peoples immune systems to have to live through a 'nuclear winter' resulting from a comet impact. Especially if this is without technology. This might make it easier for an opportunistic virus of bacteria to infect people.

Galaxia2002 said:
Here I am aware that there is much speculation on my part and I put this to see if you notice a connection. I would like found a map with the worldwide distribuition of viruses.

This would get a bit complicated as there are just so many of them (viruses, bacteria and parasites). And they tend to be hard to track - sometimes, depending on where they are and if they flare up and die out quickly too (try talking to China about SARS in 2003 - they were notoriously closed mouthed about that one).

Here is one for Cholera. It is a bacteria which has caused havoc and will continue to do so in some countries without adequate water sanitation. I find it interesting that Blood type Os are most succeptable - and ABs are the most resistant. Also, it seems that the carriers (not sufferes) of the cystic fibrosis gene are somehow more protected from this bug. Very strange.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholera

Many bugs (bacteria and viruses) would have a hard time surving in the atmosphere or even on a comet.

Ah, but you're assuming that biological material originating extraterrestrially would have the same "survival" properties as biological material originating on Earth. The following message and link that I recently posted in another thread, suggests a whole other possibility:

The following article reports that over the past few years, the state of Kerala, India, has been experiencing strange "red rain" that actually stains people's clothing. Those studying the phenomena do not know the cause, but have discovered that the rain's cells have "extraordinary" properties: They have unusual fluorescence; are able to multiply without DNA; and, unlike any other Earth life, do not die at a temperatures in excess of 500 degrees F and pressures of 300 lbs per sq.cm. This has led Dr. Godfrey Louis (Head of Physics Dept, Cochin University) to believe that the cells must be of extraterrestrial origin, specifically from comets....

Fluorescence Mystery in Red Rain Cells of Kerala, India
Linda Moulton Howe
February 14, 2009, EarthFiles.com

Galaxia2002 said:
My point is, it is known that in the higher atmospheric regions there are layers of air which do not mix with each other, and what I propose is that this could be a reservoir of microscopic life where high intensity sunlight could cause mutations including making pathogenic or not organisms that have arrived there. Even this region could harbor potential microorganisms that come from the disintegration of meteors, but it is very questionable.
Well, my hypothesis is that if there would be this "static" reservoir it could be only seriously disturbed by either upward or downward currents of air, that with more probability would or wouldn´t be permitted in very mountainous regions.
Volcanoes could be a way to feed the reservoir with fresh material from earth, so I could say that not all the biological material can necessarily come from space.

Don't forget that it need not be only microorganisms making people sick. Chemical changes in the atmosphere and general environment can create similar effects. In Mike Baillie's book New Light on the Black Death he puts forth his own thoughts on this matter. He claims that some of the chemical constituents of comets, such as hydrogen cyanide and poly-aromatic hydrocarbons, fit the etiology of many of the plague deaths.

Not only this, but experiments carried out in the early 20th century showed some indication of the transmutation of bacteria based on their chemical environment. The work of Edward Rosenow is interesting in this regard.

_http://www.rife.de/what_has_become_of_the_rife_microscope.html

Kendall's work, however, attracted the rapt attention of the same Dr. Edward C. Rosenow who, in 1914, had been able to prove that strains of streptococcus were able, under the right conditions, to transmute one into the other. In that day he had written that these "conditions were more or less obscure. They seem to call forth new or latent energies which were previously not manifest and which now have gained the ascendency."

As a filtrationist, Rosenow was a maverick among bacteriologists up to his death at 94 in the 1960's. His work had convinced him, also prior to World War I, that organisms in sera - the fluids from tissues of immunized animals commonly used as antitoxins to neutralize microbes in the body - might in some patients have dangerous biological side effects.

The main implication of Rosenow's work in his own eyes was that bacteria were not as important to disease as the terrain on which they found themselves. "It would seem," he wrote in his 1914 article, "that focal infections are no longer to be looked upon merely as a place of entrance of bacteria but as a place where conditions are favorable for them to acquire the properties which give them a wide range of affinities for various structures."

Although, there was little progress or attempt to duplicate Rosenow's work, the idea that disease conditions aren't caused by microbes so much as they are caused by environmental conditions has not gone away. Many of those who study natural medicine have come to similar conclusions.

My thoughts are that it can go both ways. Some pathogens may just be stronger and able to survive a variety of environmental terrains, ultimately making them difficult to deal with. Other pathogens may be less adapted and only able to seek out certain environments when the condition is ripe. Disease endemics and pandemics may not always stem from a single cause as modern medicine would lead us to believe. For instance, how would one take into account this recent assessment of the 1918 flu which shows the signs of a massive bacterial infection rather than a viral infection?

_http://www.reuters.com/article/scienceNews/idUSTRE5146PD20090205

I'm somewhat unfamiliar with the literature regarding atmospheric mixing or lack there of. Do you have a link that discusses this?

Ryan

Hi to all,

As Pepperfritz and Galaxia said, there are micro organisms that can live at harsh conditions here on earth. They are generally called extremophiles and it is a very interesting subject. In a sense, we are like them, people who tries to function, survive and evolve in a world that is designed to drain our energy. They have mechanisms to survive in those environments like special proteins and cellular structures. We also have our different techniques.

As for Galaxia's hypothesis, it can be true. If there are micro organisms who live in air, why can not they live in different regions of atmosphere? May be they do not need the gases or chemicals here. As for entry issue, the micro organism can design a defence mechanism like being dormant for a time and become alive when the conditions are suitable.

I also think, as Ruth suggested, there is a connection between people's immune system and other bodily chemicals including hormones and natural disasters. This may be the cause of their susceptibility to the micro organisms either coming from atmosphere or already existing.

I also wonder the composition of atmosphere as RyanX suggested. My initial thought was that there can be some ionic force based on the composition of cellular components of micro organisms. This may hold this biologic layer in its place.

The situation could also include the electromagnetic effect causing mutations in existing pathogens and creating whole new strains. I think some of the Tunguska research hinted at the possibility that electromagnetism seemed to be involved in some mutations and possibly even in the DNA of people.

Ruth said:
Many bugs (bacteria and viruses) would have a hard time surving in the atmosphere or even on a comet. They tend to have 'hosts' which are compatible to their needs. Although not impossible, it does seem improbable that a virus or a bacteria would survive the atmosphere or entry into the atmosphere by a space object. However there may be quite a significant link between the arrival of a comet and the effect on the human population. It may be severly challenging to peoples immune systems to have to live through a 'nuclear winter' resulting from a comet impact. Especially if this is without technology. This might make it easier for an opportunistic virus of bacteria to infect people.

Yes, it is certainly a possibility. "something" associated with a cometary event may induce weakness in the immune system and the opportunistic organisms can take advantage . What's interesting is the "how" this phenomenon will be spread. I think this would be very difficult to know as the manifestation of a weakened immune system is the same disease, and is difficult to know whether the immune system was not weakened yet or it is due to something unknown, like a new type of virus or bacteria not recognized.
On the other hand if the immune systems of a population are weakened we should observe many different infectious diseases and not an a particular symptoms such as people with AIDS who can get sick of any pathogen.

RyanX said:
Don't forget that it need not be only microorganisms making people sick. Chemical changes in the atmosphere and general environment can create similar effects. In Mike Baillie's book New Light on the Black Death he puts forth his own thoughts on this matter. He claims that some of the chemical constituents of comets, such as hydrogen cyanide and poly-aromatic hydrocarbons, fit the etiology of many of the plague deaths.

Not only this, but experiments carried out in the early 20th century showed some indication of the transmutation of bacteria based on their chemical environment. The work of Edward Rosenow is interesting in this regard.

Yes, it is possible, and it will be difficult to distinguish if it´s a chemical factor or a biological one.

Biomiast said:

As Pepperfritz and Galaxia said, there are micro organisms that can live at harsh conditions here on earth. They are generally called extremophiles and it is a very interesting subject. In a sense, we are like them, people who tries to function, survive and evolve in a world that is designed to drain our energy. They have mechanisms to survive in those environments like special proteins and cellular structures. We also have our different techniques.

As for Galaxia's hypothesis, it can be true. If there are micro organisms who live in air, why can not they live in different regions of atmosphere? May be they do not need the gases or chemicals here. As for entry issue, the micro organism can design a defence mechanism like being dormant for a time and become alive when the conditions are suitable.

The conditions of the atmosphere remind me those used in freeze drying that is a method for food conservation which was used primarily for preservation of viruses and bacteria. High vacuum, low temperatures. For example, the lactobacillus acidophilus (a bacteria used as probiotic) is supplied in this way (lyophilized) and then is rehydratated. Perhaps these atmospheric conditions favoring the preservation of microorganisms in a similar way.

More about freeze drying here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeze_drying

I also wonder the composition of atmosphere as RyanX suggested. My initial thought was that there can be some ionic force based on the composition of cellular components of micro organisms. This may hold this biologic layer in its place.

From wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratosphere
The stratosphere is the second major layer of Earth's atmosphere, just above the troposphere, and below the mesosphere. It is stratified in temperature, with warmer layers higher up and cooler layers farther down. This is in contrast to the troposphere near the Earth's surface, which is cooler higher up and warmer farther down. The border of the troposphere and stratosphere, the tropopause, is marked by where this inversion begins, which in terms of atmospheric thermodynamics is the equilibrium level. The stratosphere is situated between about 10 km (6 miles) and 50 km (31 miles) altitude above the surface at moderate latitudes, while at the poles it starts at about 8 km (5 miles) altitude.

Temperature

The stratosphere is layered in temperature because it is heated from above by absorption of ultraviolet radiation from the Sun. Within this layer, temperature increases as altitude increases (see temperature inversion); the top of the stratosphere has a temperature of about 270 K (−3°C or 26.6°F), just slightly below the freezing point of water.[1] This top is called the stratopause, above which temperature again decreases with height. The vertical stratification, with warmer layers above and cooler layers below, makes the stratosphere dynamically stable: there is no regular convection and associated turbulence in this part of the atmosphere. The heating is caused by an ozone layer that absorbs solar ultraviolet radiation, heating the upper layers of the stratosphere. The base of the stratosphere occurs where heating by conduction from above and heating by convection from below (through the troposphere) balance out; hence, the stratosphere begins at lower altitudes near the poles due to the lower ground temperature

Aircraft flight

Commercial airliners typically cruise at an altitude near 10 km in temperate latitudes, in the lower reaches of the stratosphere.[citation needed] They do this to optimize jet engine fuel burn, mostly thanks to the low temperatures encountered near the tropopause. It also allows them to stay above any hard weather, and avoid atmospheric turbulence from the convection in the troposphere. Turbulence experienced in the cruise phase of flight is often caused by convective overshoot from the troposphere below. Although a few gliders have achieved great altitudes in the powerful thermals in thunderstorms, this is dangerous. Most high altitude flights by gliders use lee waves from mountain ranges and were used to set the current record of 15,447m (50,671 feet).

Circulation and mixing

The stratosphere is a region of intense interactions among radiative, dynamical, and chemical processes, in which horizontal mixing of gaseous components proceeds much more rapidly than vertical mixing.

An interesting feature of stratospheric circulation is the quasi-Biennial Oscillation (QBO) in the tropical latitudes, which is driven by gravity waves that are convectively generated in the troposphere. The QBO induces a secondary circulation that is important for the global stratospheric transport of tracers such as ozone or water vapor.

In northern hemispheric winter, sudden stratospheric warmings can often be observed which are caused by the absorption of Rossby waves in the
stratosphere.

The situation could also include the electromagnetic effect causing mutations in existing pathogens and creating whole new strains. I think some of the Tunguska research hinted at the possibility that electromagnetism seemed to be involved in some mutations and possibly even in the DNA of people.

yes, there are many possibilities, and more in these regions not well explored as the upper atmosphere.

WOAA!!! :D As always Indians are in the vanguardy of alternative sciece. Such as I thought, there would be microorganisms with adaptations to be suited at the atmosphere conditions, (UV resistance). Moreover they talk about new microorganisms!!

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/03/090318094642.htm

New Microorganisms Discovered In Earth's Stratosphere

ScienceDaily (Mar. 18, 2009) — Three new species of bacteria, which are not found on Earth and which are highly resistant to ultra-violet radiation, have been discovered in the upper stratosphere by Indian scientists.

One of the new species has been named as Janibacter hoylei, after the distinguished astrophysicist Fred Hoyle, the second as Bacillus isronensis recognising the contribution of ISRO in the balloon experiments which led to its discovery and the third as Bacillus aryabhata after India’s celebrated ancient astronomer Aryabhata and also the first satellite of ISRO.

The experiment was conducted using a 26.7 million cubic feet balloon carrying a 459 kg scientific payload soaked in 38 kg of liquid neon, which was flown from the National Balloon Facility in Hyderabad, operated by the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR). The payload consisted of a cryosampler containing sixteen evacuated and sterilised stainless steel probes.

Throughout the flight, the probes remained immersed in liquid Neon to create a cryopump effect. These cylinders, after collecting air samples from different heights ranging from 20 km to 41 km, were parachuted down and safely retrieved. These samples were analysed by scientists at the Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad as well as the National Center for Cell Science (NCCS), Pune for independent examination, ensuring that both laboratories followed similar protocols to achieve homogeneity of procedure and interpretation.

The Findings

In all, 12 bacterial and six fungal colonies were detected, nine of which, based on 16S RNA gene sequence, showed greater than 98% similarity with reported known species on Earth. Three bacterial colonies, namely, PVAS-1, B3 W22 and B8 W22 were, however, totally new species. All the three newly identified species had significantly higher UV resistance compared to their nearest phylogenetic neighbours. Of the above, PVAS-1, identified as a member of the genus Janibacter, has been named Janibacter hoylei. sp. nov. The second new species B3 W22 was named as Bacillus isronensis sp.nov. and the third new species B8 W22 as Bacillus aryabhata.

The precautionary measures and controls operating in this experiment inspire confidence that these species were picked up in the stratosphere. While the present study does not conclusively establish the extra-terrestrial origin of microorganisms, it does provide positive encouragement to continue the work in our quest to explore the origin of life.

This multi-institutional effort had Jayant Narlikar from the Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, Pune as Principal Investigator and veteran scientists U.R. Rao from ISRO and P.M. Bhargava from Anveshna supported as mentors of the experiment. S. Shivaji from CCMB and Yogesh Shouche from NCCS were the biology experts and Ravi Manchanda from TIFR was in charge of the balloon facility. C.B.S. Dutt was the project director from ISRO who was in charge of preparing and operating the complex payload.

This was the second such experiment conducted by ISRO, the first one being in 2001. Even though the first experiment had yielded positive results, it was decided to repeat the experiment by exercising extra care to ensure that it was totally free from any terrestrial contamination.

While I was looking through the news I found a researcher named Milton Wainwright, of the university of Sheffield who is tracking life in upper atmosphere. They talk about the same points we had talked before

http://www.shef.ac.uk/mediacentre/2006/553b.html

Evolution and 'space bacteria' under the microscope

Researchers at the University of Sheffield have uncovered evidence to suggest that some bacteria in the upper atmosphere may have originated from space, and not from Earth, as was previously assumed.

In a research project led by Dr Milton Wainwright, from the University of Sheffield's Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, the team analysed clumps of bacteria retrieved from the Earth's stratosphere, at a height of up to 41km. Their report, to be published this month in the International Journal of Astrobiology, proposes a new view of bacterial evolution and speculates on the origin of some bacteria.

The study discovered a number of microbes occurring in the stratosphere, which contradicts the long-held belief that bacteria are not found beyond the tropopause (at an average height of 17km.) Instead, the team show that bacteria from Earth can be transported into the stratosphere by a number of different methods. Once at this height, bacteria are exposed to increased levels of UV, increasing the chances of mutation, before they return to earth. The team suggest that this process may have contributed to, and even speeded up, evolution on Earth.

However, the report also notes that some samples of bacteria are found in clumps that are far too large to have been transported from the Earth's surface. The team suggest that these clumps of bacteria could be coming into the Earth's atmosphere from outer-space rather than originating from the Earth's surface.

Dr Milton Wainwright said: "These are extremely exciting findings from which we can learn a great deal about the behaviour of bacteria in the atmosphere, and possibly even the beginnings of evolution on Earth. This research has contributed a great deal to our understanding of exactly what is going on at great heights above the surface of the planet and I expect that it will invigorate the ongoing debate over evolution."

I just ran across a paper by Amanda Laoupi discussing the connection between disaster myths, cosmic happenings, and epidemics that includes some familiar names and is interesting in light of the most recent session with the Cs. Abstract below:

The present work follows the two previous steps of disaster myths’ analysis and interpretation (Homeric Hephaistos as comet/meteor god / Aristaios and the Sirius’ cult in Bronze Age Mediterranean). The aim of this work is to: a) assess contemporary and future trends concerning the interrelations between astrobiological phenomena (comets, impacts, plasma emissions, Super Novae explosions, solar cycles, Venus transits as biohazards) and past epidemics (Justinian plague, the Black Death, the AD 1918 flu pandemic spread, other more recent cases), and b) provide new evidence through famous circum-Mediterranean ‘myths’ (Venus as a comet, Apollo’s wrath in Homeric Iliad, Tandalides / Niobe, Deucalion’s flood, the Ten Plagues of Egypt, the Late Bronze Age Pestilence that destroyed mighty empires).

Especially, the dual role of comets & asteroids as bringers of destruction, as well as bringers of building blocks of life or even life, has given shape to the idea of "panspermia", meaning that life arrived fully developed in the form of micro-organisms (i.e. William Thomson -Lord Kelvin, Svante Arrhenius, Otto Struve). In fact, recent suggestions that meteorites, possibly of Martian origin, include exotic biotic materials has refocused attention on the possible extraterrestrial origins of life.

On the other hand, a growing number of scientists assert that catastrophic collisions with asteroids & comets have played a major role on Earth in shaping geology and climate. In recent years, physicists Fred Hoyle & Chandra Wickramasinghe have proposed not only that life originated from outer space in the distant past, but also that terrestrial evolution continues to be driven by the input of extraterrestrial genetic material. They also suggest that various historical pandemics were caused by bacteria or virii delivered by comets.

In addition, many other scientists examine seriously the likelihood that various plagues of the past times have been started when bacteria & viruses from outer space invaders (plasma, comets, meteors) reached the earthen atmosphere (i.e. Mike Baillie, Gunnar Karlsson, John Lewis, Graham Twigg).

Furthermore, inspired researchers such as Immanuel Velikovsky, Alfred de Grazia & Paul La Violette have already pointed out the interrelation of similar past events with the formation of myths in ancient societies. A cometary or planetary near-encounter results in falling of gases, hydrocarbons, burning pitch & stones. Such events are unknown to modern experience but are indicated by ancient legends from many places worldwide and by various geological & biological phenomena detected via geoarchaeological and bioarchaeological studies.

Consequently, the author: a) suggests that the main structural order and functions of space phenomena once happened, were strongly correlated to bioclimatic and geotectonic events on Earth, events ‘hidden’ in disaster myths all over the world. Some specific circum-Mediterranean legends are examined, analyzed and interpreted through the new perspective of Disaster Archaeology’s methodology, and b) highlights the role – often neglected by modern scientists - of biohazards in the evolution of ancient cultures and the fall of past socio-economic systems.

Psyche's article in the upcoming issue of DCM is on this very topic, particularly the likelihood that the Black Death was a comet borne virus, NOT Yersinia pestis. See "The Return of the Black Death" by Susan Scott and Christopher Duncan for details proving that it is a virus. The Black Death disappeared right around the time that Smallpox became the scourge of humanity. I suspect that Smallpox is what it mutated into. There is a hemorrhagic form of smallpox that sounds exactly like the Black Death.

What we (the general public) know about microbes and their 'evolving capabilities' does not allow us see nor understand the Fungus's ability to create bacteria with the formation of things like 'Virons' and 'Mycoplasms' etc.

In this video linked below the process is explained in detail.

(I think this video is actually a type of 'whistleblowing' eg... "Have a look at our microscope." ... "And while we are at it let us show you something that is not well known.")

After all... I can remember when the 'Darkfield Microscope' was a restricted item... I think the Greyfield' is even more revealing.

http://www.grayfieldoptical.com/symbiosis_or_parasitism.html

It is rather a long video... but but worth it.

Having just finished reading Psyche's excellent article, New Light on the Black Death: The Viral and the Cosmic Connection (I purchased the PDF of Dot Connector #13 as soon as it hit the online store :P ), it makes me also wonder about the psychopathy / comet hypothesis from the FOTCM Statement of Principles (p21), emphasis mine:

5.1 On the Origin of Psychopathy
... We recognize that the origins of psychopathy may be found in the cometary bombardment of earth approximately 13,000 years ago, which resulted in several global changes and mass extinctions (see Sources, R. Firestone et al.) as well as the advent of violence. Just as the Tunguska event of 1908 produced lasting genetic mutations among the local population, we recognize that the bombardment in prehistory may have resulted in a recessive genetic mutation that affected many human individuals, spreading invisibly through human populations until a critical mass carrying the unexpressed mutation allowed for its full expression into their offspring. ...

I find this incredibly fascinating. I love the detail that goes into the origin and backstory of an alien race in a science fiction novel, this is almost the real life equivalent.

If a virus can invade bacteria cells and integrate itself into the chromosome of the bacteria, could this genetic mutation have been caused by a virus? Until now, I always thought the above paragraph was referring to radiation from exposure to a cometary impact. Because it never occurred to me that psychopathy -- or at least the precursor to psychopathy -- could be a virus. Is this biologically possible?

It's rather devastating to think that cometary bombardments brought us not only the destruction caused by the impacts themselves but both the Black Death and possibly even psychopaths. It also makes me wonder if the two are linked somehow, despite occurring at vastly different points in time.

EDIT: Or at least a different or mutated strain of psychopaths if they did in fact already exist prior to a cometary event. (Which also makes me wonder if the various strains of psychopathy have culminated from multiple cometary events over a very long period of time.)

Well, Nathan, all you have to do is read my special feature in the same issue.

Back
Top Bottom