Comment on new bin Laden tape

S

sykohb

After reading this on the Signs page:

"Had he been given a chance, Osama might even have revealed that, since then, "al-Qaeda" has been nothing but a CIA covert operation designed to create the reality of a "war on terror"."

A discussion from The News Hour with Jim Lehrer came to mind:

Jan 19 2006 [http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/terrorism/jan-june06/osama_1-19.html]

JIM LEHRER: So the danger here then — if I hear you both correctly — is that he could inspire a group that doesn’t answer to him, but reacts to inspirational words from him, is that what you are suggesting?

PAUL PILLAR: Right.

MAMOUN FANDY: Right, but this particular tape is not terribly inspiring, just looking at the language of it. This is the first tape of bin Laden that has no single verse from the Koran. It does not have the flowery language of Arabic.
It seems to me that it is written in English first, and then translated into Arabic. It is very western style of tape. It is not very characteristic of bin Laden, at least it tells me that the non-Arabic speaking within the al-Qaida network are taking over the organization –

JIM LEHRER: You mean he didn’t write this is what you are suggesting?

With all the smoke and mirrors that is the standard, you really have to remove your involvmemt to 'Current Events' or at least look from afar with a gentle smile as the "Grand Desception" is played out for our very eyes...

:-)

Back
Top Bottom