Craigslist robbery gone wrong

angelburst29

The Living Force
I'm speechless ....... words fail me!

Brooklyn teen tries to steal Air Jordans, loses arm in Craigslist robbery gone wrong: police (Video)
http://pix11.com/2016/02/12/brooklyn-teen-tries-to-steal-air-jordans-loses-arm-in-craigslist-robbery-gone-wrong-police/

CANARSIE, Brooklyn — A Brooklyn teenager lost his arm in a Craigslist robbery gone horrifically wrong in Brooklyn Friday afternoon, authorities said.

Police say the 17-year-old boy connected with a 39-year-old man known as "Phil" on Craigslist who was selling a pair of Air Jordan sneakers. They met about 1 p.m. near Avenue M and East 84th Street in Canarsie, where the teen got into the seller's SUV and pulled out a gun, police said. The teen stole the sneakers and then walked away.

The teen managed to make it only 100 yards or so when the driver made a U-turn, stepped on the gas and ran over the teenager, severing his arm, police told PIX11.

The teen, missing his arm, managed to jump on an MTA bus, where he demanded a MetroCard. Just then, the victim yanked the teenager off the bus and told the driver he'd robbed him. Then the teen escaped his clutches again and ran home, where he collapsed, police said.

An ambulance took the boy — and his severed arm — to a nearby hospital. The teen is in serious but stable condition. Doctors plan to try to reattach his arm.

The driver faces an attempted murder charge. His relatives said his actions were done in self-defense.

"He was just there to help support his family," Phil's cousin said. "What would you do if someone pulled a gun on you?"

Thief tries to stick up Brooklyn driver in Air Jordan sale scam, but victim hits robber with car, possibly causing him to lose arm — WARNING, GRAPHIC CONTENT (Photos - Video)
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/man-commits-robbery-brooklyn-struck-car-article-1.2529727

He's a little less armed and a lot less dangerous.

A 17-year-old gunman had part of his arm severed after he tried to steal a pair of Air Jordan sneakers from a would-be seller he met on Craigslist — and his enraged target slammed into him with an SUV.

The rendezvous — on E. 86th St. near Avenue M in Canarsie, Brooklyn — centered around a pair of $190 Jordan Retro 8 sneakers, officials said.

But when the man with the fancy kicks rolled up in a Honda Pilot around 12:30 p.m., the teen, identified as Zachary Sam, got in and whipped out a black handgun. Sam demanded the high-priced Jordans for free, cops said. As the teen stepped away from the SUV, the driver, identified by police as 39-year-old Philippe Pierre, pulled a U-turn and hit the gas.

The SUV charged forward, catching Sam under the wheels and dragging him several feet and pinning him against a metal fence, stunning video of the bizarre robbery gone bad shows.

Pierre was charged with attempted murder for slamming the robber with his car, sources said.

“If somebody puts a gun to your head, and you’re trying to get the cops to catch him, what would you do?” a relative of Pierre told ABC 7. “You’re telling me just let him go?”

The SUV sheared off Sam’s right arm just below the elbow, according to horrified witness Alex St. Fleur.

The shocking security video shows the teen entering and sitting in the SUV for a few moments before he gets out with a bag and appears to place something in his pocket.

Pierre pulls forward before making a U-turn. The SUV then barrels into Sam on the sidewalk — sending him tumbling under the wheels.

Amazingly, the teen jumps up after being hit, struggles with Pierre and other witnesses, and runs off with his sleeve flapping.

“It’s terrible,” St. Fleur, 56, said. St. Fleur was walking down Avenue M when the SUV hopped the sidewalk and slammed into a gate. The mangled teen was still under the vehicle.

When St. Fleur, an off-duty bus driver, and his son ran over, they saw the teen’s severed arm lying on the ground next to a gun and a shoebox.

“Everyone was yelling ‘Come back! Your arm! You’re going to bleed out!’ ” St. Fleur recalled.

But the now one-armed bandit trudged on. He managed to hobble onto a B103 bus idling nearby, sending stunned riders into a panic.

“Everyone (on the bus) was screaming because he didn’t have an arm,” St. Fleur said.

The bus driver refused to move until Sam got off, officials said. When he ultimately did, the teen ran a half a block to his home on 86th St.

“He ran home and collapsed,” a police source said.

Sam was rushed to Brookdale University Hospital, where he was in serious but stable condition.

Friday evening, doctors were trying to reattach his arm, which was found at the scene along with his gun.

Cops charged the teen with robbery and criminal possession of a weapon.

I just watched the video - wow. I don't feel much sympathy for the thief though.

itellsya said:
I just watched the video - wow. I don't feel much sympathy for the thief though.

When I first read it, I thought - how can you be run over by a SUV, severing your arm, get up and run towards a bus and get on (have a verbal argument with the bus driver) only to be pulled off by the guy he stole from, get away and run another few blocks - only to collapse on the sidewalk where he lives? I would imagine "shock" played a major factor but what was this guy "on" that pain didn't stop him in his tracks?

If someone knocked me down and road over me, I'm not moving! If I lost a body part in the incident, I'm not moving! Yet, this kid got up, ran to a bus stop, had another run-in with the guy he just stole from, then takes off and runs a couple more blocks? Is he the "Hulk" or "Superman" or so high on drugs - nothing really phased him?

Yeah, I was totally flabbergasted by this story. It's like that crazy thing about those twins on the highway. Either drugs or demon possession, I'd say.

Take-home message: if you see something via the internet, sell it on amazon.

It is amazing what one can do, how little pain is felt, with adrenaline going.

angelburst29 said:
itellsya said:

When I first read it, I thought - how can you be run over by a SUV, severing your arm, get up and run towards a bus and get on (have a verbal argument with the bus driver) only to be pulled off by the guy he stole from, get away and run another few blocks - only to collapse on the sidewalk where he lives? I would imagine "shock" played a major factor but what was this guy "on" that pain didn't stop him in his tracks?

If someone knocked me down and road over me, I'm not moving! If I lost a body part in the incident, I'm not moving! Yet, this kid got up, ran to a bus stop, had another run-in with the guy he just stole from, then takes off and runs a couple more blocks? Is he the "Hulk" or "Superman" or so high on drugs - nothing really phased him?

I think all the above comments could apply: drugs (bath salts/meth), psychosis and/or adrenaline - the thief also probably has a few outstanding warrants (or whatever) and losing his arm is probably better than losing his freedom; he could easily have been on some intoxicant since anybody who thinks robbing a pair of sneakers is worthwhile endeavour isn't all there; same goes for his mental state. When i first read the headline i just put it down to another simple robbery - so thanks for posting AngelBurst29.

Regarding the twins Laura mentioned (there's a documentary about it too - no doubt it's also mentioned somewhere on the forum):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ursula_and_Sabina_Eriksson
Ursula and Sabina Eriksson (born 1967) are Swedish twin sisters who came to national attention in the United Kingdom in May 2008 after an apparent episode of folie à deux (or "shared psychosis"), a rare psychiatric disorder in which delusional beliefs are transmitted from one individual to another, which resulted in a series of bizarre incidents on the M6 motorway and the subsequent killing of Glenn Hollinshead of Fenton, Staffordshire. There was no evidence that drugs or alcohol were involved in the incidents on the M6 or the death of Hollinshead.[1][2][3]

The two were later seen on the central reservation of the M6. When Highways Agency Traffic Officers arrived to assist the women, they ran across the busy motorway. Ursula managed to dodge traffic - Sabina was first struck by a SEAT Ibiza. Shortly after police arrived, the women again ran onto the motorway and were struck by oncoming vehicles, a Volkswagen Polo hitting Sabina and a Mercedes-Benz Actros lorry crushing Ursula's legs. Sabina suffered a serious head injury that left her unconscious for several minutes. When Sabina regained consciousness, she refused medical aid and attacked a police officer, at which point she was arrested. Appearing calm, although a bit "odd", as she was processed by police in Stoke-on-Trent, she was therefore released from custody. Shortly afterward she was taken in by Hollinshead, whom she later stabbed to death in an unprovoked attack. She was pursued running from the scene and arrested in hospital after jumping from a bridge onto a busy trunk road, later pleading guilty to manslaughter with diminished responsibility. She was sentenced to five years imprisonment and released on parole in 2011.[3]

Back
Top Bottom