Crucifixion in a dream

Nachtweide

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
I had a strange dream today.
I was on a hill and people came and arrested me. They threw me to the ground and laid me on a wooden cross. Then they dragged this cross through the countryside to my sister's farm. There the inhabitants stood at the windows and looked at me in horror. It was not unpleasant for me to be crucified and my interest was the wood the cross was made of. It was noble wood and I admired the structure and wondered why such an expensive wood is used to crucify me. Then I saw a simple coffin made of cheap wood and thought that this wood would have fit better. I was not afraid of what was to come. Then I stood up and saw men who looked like American soldiers in captivity. I told them that I did not understand their language. On foot I continued my way, passing through a small village. There was a small gathering of people and it seemed that they were waiting for me. Suddenly a staircase of stone appeared, which had no end. I climbed the stairs with my dog, who suddenly was at my side. When I looked back, at the bottom of the stairs my late father and my still living mother were standing and laughing with me. No one followed me. The ascent was very difficult and then I woke up. I was quite astonished, I had not dreamt about my father for many years, who died in 2003. For a long time I cannot really remember dreams - this dream was completely clear and I could remember it in its entirety.

It was not unpleasant for me to be crucified and my interest was the wood the cross was made of. It was noble wood and I admired the structure and wondered why such an expensive wood is used to crucify me. Then I saw a simple coffin made of cheap wood and thought that this wood would have fit better. I was not afraid of what was to come.
Suddenly a staircase of stone appeared, which had no end.
I climbed the stairs with my dog,
No one followed me.
Without fear, observing and analyzing what happens around you.

And the person who is "ready" to "start" climbing the ladder, will have to see other people for whom it is not "yet" his time to start climbing.:hug:

That’s quite the interesting dream,

how did it feel? It sounds like an ending but also a beginning. And it doesn’t have to be physical existence, it could be a mental process, an emotional one, etc.

That’s the sense I got from your dream, some things are coming to a close and it’s natural and maybe time to move ahead. Your parents could represent familiarity, and the endless staircase is the new and unknown.

Just my two cents.

@Wandering Star @Alejo Thank you for the answer:flowers:

This dream had so many strange peculiarities and meanings. The cross can stand for many things. Carrying the cross for others, carrying the burden on my shoulders, freeing myself from things. In fact a topic that has been on my mind since the beginning of July. I noticed that I was not tied down but I felt that I could not free myself from the cross.
I am trying to free myself from the last dependencies in my life. It came to the realization that I was still carrying people on my back who were using me. Unfortunately it led to separations from long lasting friendships that meant a lot to me. My problem is narcissistic neurotic victim types. When my brain registers helplessness in other people, a program inside me starts up and saves the world again. Laura once said somewhere: These people will not suffer if you separate from them. And I can confirm this.

The cross can stand also for the momentary situation - the pillory place, its opinion represent. Of course my opinion and attitude towards Covid is a red rag to some people and they turn away from me. I knew that and I was ready to accept the consequences of my attitude. I will never act against my own attitude to be more comfortable and easier for others.

The stairs are the symbol of my path and it does not surprise me that my parents stood at the foot of the stairs. There are many things I did not get to know what is normal for other people. Basic trust, unconditional love, protection, interest in me. So as a child, I climbed this stairway of life without company. The stairs of my life were very stony, bitter and tiring. Every step was a lesson for my progress. If the life plan for the present life was already written with the goal of waking up and developing - then I had the best conditions. Today I have a lot of love in me for my parents and also the understanding that everything is and was as it should be.

Yesterday I met with my mother and my siblings. My eldest sister is a very difficult person and I had broken off contact 4 years ago because the injuries had exceeded a certain amount. My mother suffered a lot because she only wanted us to sit together at the same table and be a family. I fulfilled her wish, because today I learned to bear even difficult people in a certain way and to protect myself from them. It is not only about me and my sensitivities. So it was the greatest joy for my mother and I think that you have to take a step back yourself if it makes other people happy.

I looked up the symbolism of this on a dream interpretation website:
Crucifixion
To dream of a crucifixion represents total sacrifice of yourself for others benefit. It could also represent intentionally hurting or causing suffering to someone else by completely withholding all love, respect, or attention. Hurtfully ignoring or blaming someone else in order to punish them. Hurtfully ostracizing others. Punishing others with no love or sympathy..

Negatively, a crucifixion may represent undeserving punishment, self punishment, or being the target or scapegoat of someone else. You may be experiencing a situation where repercussions or consequences are inescapable.

Positively, a crucifixion may represent sacrificing yourself for others, or maintaining principles or values at all costs. Withstanding great pain for others.
~Crucifixion dreams meaning - Interpretation and Meaning Dream Dictionary

I’m not sure about the context of your current circumstances, but it does sound like you have processed and resolved a lot of hurt from the past. I’m reading the Wave at the moment, and thought I’d post this just FWIW:
Wave, Book 3, Ch 25
When Paul does refer to Jesus’ death, he says repeatedly that he was crucified or delivered up but never that he was killed. And we know from many ancient sources that to be crucified meant an initiatory event rather than being nailed to a wooden cross and dying in a physical sense.

I looked up the symbolism of this on a dream interpretation website:

~Crucifixion dreams meaning - Interpretation and Meaning Dream Dictionary

I’m not sure about the context of your current circumstances, but it does sound like you have processed and resolved a lot of hurt from the past. I’m reading the Wave at the moment, and thought I’d post this just FWIW:
Wave, Book 3, Ch 25

Really very interesting. Thanks for the info @ Arwenn
I think that I am that victim type. Sometimes people say that I am incredibly loyal to principles, have high values or even old-fashioned. I have made my own experiences. In the past I used to lie a lot as a child to protect myself from abuse. But there were also lies so that I had a kind of victim role. So I got affection but I always had very bad feelings. So I decided to be honest and today I can't lie, bear untrue things or even tolerate them. I was everything bad to realize at a certain point that I did not want to be like that. So I changed completely to realize today that my attitude is stuffy or unfashionable. I have very high standards for myself in terms of virtues and values that I would never violate. At the moment my favorite symbol comes to my mind - the phoenix that came out of the ashes. "I must die first to be born again." It reminds me of Gurdjieff. I have already died so many deaths to climb one floor higher with a new knowledge. That is the meaning of life. I do not see myself in a victim role - at some point I realized that my love is different to people - globally. But here lies also the danger of being hurt. Of course you have to learn that everyone has to carry his own cross and recognize his lesson. But it is just very difficult for me to look at it, because I can take over the feelings of people. Today I am much more successful in drawing the line.

Back
Top Bottom