Dark or "night mode" for the forum?

Digmo

The Force is Strong With This One
This dark mode is a feature that has been really great on some other sites I've been on where I read a lot on my monitor. It is a lot easier on the eyes. I don't know if it has been suggested but I thought I would just throw it out there.

I can get dark mode to work on this site with Opera browser for Windows (11), and for my Android tablet I can use the included Samsung Internet browser to do the same thing.

This dark mode is a feature that has been really great on some other sites I've been on where I read a lot on my monitor. It is a lot easier on the eyes. I don't know if it has been suggested but I thought I would just throw it out there.
I suggest blue light filter apps, white mode emits more blue light which seems like its one of main reason why it is more tiring .
Also remember to be in well lit room when staring at screens.

Dark mode is possible if you use the firefox browser plus an add-on named "Dark Background and Light Text".
Add-on that you mention requires following permissions:
  • Access your data for all websites
  • Read and modify browser settings
  • Access browser tabs
Such permissions could give author of this plugin access to a lot of private data. Unfortunetly such permissions are really necessary for such tool to work.

I'm all for having options, but please don't convert the Forum to Dark Mode for everyone. I've got vision issues and Dark Mode is very difficult for me. :-)

I'm all for having options, but please don't convert the Forum to Dark Mode for everyone. I've got vision issues and Dark Mode is very difficult for me. :-)
It's typically an option on other sites like FB, Twitter, etc.

If you use it in software, such as Opera, it is an option that can be selected. It is not something that is on all the time. I use it sometimes late in the evening when I don't want the bright screen, but I certainly wouldn't want to use it all the time.

So, the responses reminded me that I can get extensions for my browser. I use Chrom and I found an extension for it called screen shader. works great

Back
Top Bottom