David Topí: New age corruption of Laura's material

axj said:
I guess it comes down to the intent - is he doing this to aggrandize his ego or is he truly trying to present his understanding or experience with the teachings in such a way as to benefit Spanish speakers?

My impression was that it is a little bit of both...For me it is hard to understand why someone would take so many concepts from Laura, and not be part of here....I can't really see any other explanation for that than ego getting the best of one....

But at the same time I think he believes he is truly trying to present his understanding or experience with the teachings in such a way as to benefit Spanish speakers.

My impression is that it looks like he started his website and research long ago and then found also that it would be his business. So this guy just scan through the internet to find new ideas for his personal and subjective view of reality and accumulate stuff 360 degrees. He has thus no bonds with other researchers, and can't emphasize with the other human beings behind any work of research but that is not either a "classic" or known bestseller that is juicy and cool to be quoted.

Not very collaborative at all. With no bonds and real digging for human relations behind each work he absorbs, it all will finally lead to a dead end...? Maybe he doesn't even know or fathom that this is an act of dry stealing, and practically he doesn't care at all anyway.

dantem said:
My impression is that it looks like he started his website and research long ago and then found also that it would be his business. So this guy just scan through the internet to find new ideas for his personal and subjective view of reality and accumulate stuff 360 degrees. He has thus no bonds with other researchers, and can't emphasize with the other human beings behind any work of research but that is not either a "classic" or known bestseller that is juicy and cool to be quoted.

Not very collaborative at all. With no bonds and real digging for human relations behind each work he absorbs, it all will finally lead to a dead end...? Maybe he doesn't even know or fathom that this is an act of dry stealing, and practically he doesn't care at all anyway.

I can't imagine how anyone who has come across this material, applied it and has experienced benefits from it, cannot feel enough gratitude for the tremendous amount of effort and suffering involved, namely from Laura, to not even provide a source. It seems to me that David Topi doesn't understand some of the most basic principles of the Work here.

Renaissance said:
dantem said:

I can't imagine how anyone who has come across this material, applied it and has experienced benefits from it, cannot feel enough gratitude for the tremendous amount of effort and suffering involved, namely from Laura, to not even provide a source. It seems to me that David Topi doesn't understand some of the most basic principles of the Work here.

Indirectly, and superficially,

I don't think it has a bad effect on people as long as they are not followers, reading and article can be inspiring, he is spreading "some" truth with his twist, the part that is concerning is the twisting of the information, creating corruption, and the annoying part is that he is stealing for his own gain.

Who knows, maybe some truth seeker out there types "densities" on google and finds his/her way here. That is one hope out of all of this.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to check at our publications and sharing Laura's books (translated in Spanish or our respective languages) more often. Maybe sharing some articles in discussion groups, books, videos, etc....

Felipe4 said:
Who knows, maybe some truth seeker out there types "densities" on google and finds his/her way here. That is one hope out of all of this.

The new friend of my friend has started to read the Wave, that's at least something.
But I don't think that would have happened if my friend hadn't told her that he had all those concepts from somewhere else, and where the source without corruption can be found....but then again had my friend talked about the Wave, the new friend might not have been interested without having had a candy flavored introduction to the concepts....who knows

I think that some people think if you take your information from Internet it is all free for all, and because it is free you don't have to put your sources. They don't know the concept of sources. It is something that they don't understand, it seems to me. It is something that does not enter in their brains. Why? They have, maybe, the impression that if they give the sources their exposé is less important to others. It is a sort of vanity. So even if they think they are teachers of the way, they are less than teachers, because they don't know how to be a good student. And a good student learns always from the sources. And when you give your sources of your teaching you are in fact telling people how a good student you are, you become an example. Vanity oh vanity!

Back
Top Bottom