Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt

JEEP

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
A very insightful flashback and extremely sad commentary as well as a followup of a post in another thread from 2014:
Having said that, the video reminded me a bit of Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt a graphic novel written by the excellent Chris Hedges and illustrated by Joe Sacco who's Palestine I read a while back and which gives a detailed journalistic description of life under the occupation. Days of Destruction is on my to-read list and is an account of the actual effects of the economic "policies" Chomsky discusses on communities, towns and cities in the U.S. It looks like it contains some very sobering depictions.

Chris Hedges calls them "sacrifice zones," huge pockets of impoverished America on the verge of cementing a permanent underclass. The Pulitzer Prize winning journalist has teamed up with cartoonist Joe Sacco in his latest project "Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt" to shed some light on this issue. He joins Piya Chattopadhyay for more on his warning. [25:31]

'Hillbilly heroin' turning the hopeless into zombies. :shock:

The rest of the story:

Chris Hedges on what he sees as the consequences of an uneven distribution of wealth: destruction, violence and revolt. He tells Piya Chattopadhyay what the Occupy movement should be about and how best to deal with these socioeconomic issues in the public discourse. [25:55]

On Sunday, The Ohio State University awarded a record 12,213 degrees and certificates to the largest graduating class in university history. The 2019 graduating class size is the largest for the fifth consecutive year, surpassing previous records of 11,907 in 2018, 11,734 in 2017, 11,235 in 2016 and 11,040 in 2015. Can these graduates expect to find jobs that pay enough to enable a decent standard of living while also eliminating their student loan debt - in Ohio/USA? Also, what stands out about this pic:

1920_springcommencement-245000.jpg

Yeah - sunglasses can be helpful when encountering blinding whiteness! I'm assuming these are the College of Dentistry grads so maybe not the preferred choice of persons of color. Still, I have to wonder just what future these young hopefuls are going to experience - and will they also find themselves someday mired in the same level of poverty as outlined in Chris Hedges book.

Just read this in the Jewish History, Jewish Religion thread - isn't this what Chris Hedges is describing in his book?

Apart from the twisted, hypocritical and often plain dumb anti-Gentile laws, the parts that made the biggest impression on me were Shahak's descriptions of Jewish modus operandi throughout the ages: they aimed to gain protection from the ruling classes (the king, the church or the nobility), which then gave them control over the bottom classes of the society (peasants) they unleashed their hatred of Gentiles on.
The corporate elite (Jewish controlled/financed) gains protection from the government (ruling classes) which gives them control to unleash their hatred of Gentiles by destroying everything necessary to attain/maintain any standard of living above abject poverty.

Back
Top Bottom