Dead Valley moving stones

Ellipse

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Stones in the Dead Valley seem to move alone.

Here's a French video about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNRERnZfHVU and perhap's the explanation: http://www.blueman.name/Des_Videos_Remarquables.php?NumVideo=2536#NAVIGATION

There are supposedly also some moving stones on Iceland, unfortunately I couldn't find an english article:

_http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/natur/0,1518,813460,00.html

Gawan said:
There are supposedly also some moving stones on Iceland, unfortunately I couldn't find an english article:

_http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/natur/0,1518,813460,00.html

I used the Google Translate to English, but there may be some parts that is "mis-translated," so I'm really not sure. It is now pasted below:

Winter in mystery Iceland

Rock tracks in the snow surprise geoscientists

By Axel Bojanowski

image-312468-panoV9-mvxw.jpg

It is the geological mysteries of this winter - behind rocks in the snow in Iceland extend long furrows. They have provoked a debate among scientists: walking the rocks? What is the role of wind and heat? The snow is still normal?

Hamburg - "What's going on here," asked, Stu Witmer at the sight of the rock tracks. The adventurers from Seattle, Washington State traveled through the northern highlands of Iceland, when he was in the vicinity of the volcanic region Holasandur noticed strange furrows. It seemed as if the rock wandered through the snow. The phenomenon known researchers in the western United States, where boulders roam over the desert floor - for decades they puzzled what drives the stones .

Stu Witmer sent his photos to NASA. The researchers from the U.S. Agency also investigate the mystery of the wandering rocks of Death Valley. Four experts are now trying to statements - all present a different one.

First, the researchers described Witmer, what he had experienced: it was very windy that day was on the plane, he said. On the ground, the sand is jet was swept along. Whether the fan probably could explain the furrow?

Impressions of the UFO-engine

"The wind has probably something to do," said NASA scientist James Foster fumbled to tackle the problem. Nevertheless, he must also think of the stray stones in the United States, says the scientist said. There, experts believe the moment is that the lumps on cold nights drifting on ice floes on the desert floor , but still lacks proof. "Maybe the rocks in Iceland from the strong winds have driven down a slope?" Asks Foster.

The floor is flat, and the storm had blown constantly from the opposite direction of the furrows, applies a Witmer. Insofar as the shape of the snow banks could probably close to wind as the cause, says Foster. Perhaps the rock seemed like snow guards, so that it would free them behind. However, why yawns behind the stones such a long barren furrow? Not to collect or at least a little snow behind the boulders?

Maybe you should write the free surfaces of the heat of the volcanic soil, the geologist John Adam of the Old Dominion University in Norfolk, speculates U.S. state of Virginia. But then as snow caused the sharp boundaries? Heat differences would surely run more steadily, Adam doubted. He took refuge in irony: If you look at the picture more closely, notice the marks of a UFO and its engines. "If I were an alien, I would look for me such an outlying landing field," quipped the researchers.

Excellent explanation, we will not know

His colleague, Heather Renyck investigate the cause of grooves in the rock itself: Perhaps it is acted broken volcanic rock, which would be on his fresh faces more heated by the sun, the geologist speculated. Radiates heat to the back down, so the snow melts in this direction? Dissatisfied with their response, they presented the matter further at the hands of the geologists Bryce Syracude University in the U.S. state of New York.

"This is something I've never seen," marveled the retired scientist. May have been that the snow melted later or removed by other means, doubts Hand: The edges of the grooves have a shape as they typically swell to come about by natural and not due to erosion.

Probably the puzzle with the consistency of the snow should be declared: Coarse-grained snow distribute less subtle, he was behaving like sand. It argues that the furrows probably explain it to the stones as obstacles, says Hand: The powerful storm, the snow grains bubble over with violence to the Brocken, fine powder snow blowing is not behind the rocks, because there was apparently no - the snow was too coarse .

"This is the state of our knowledge," says NASA. "We have some excellent explanations, but no one has ever seen what happens there." After a final answer will continue to search. So this winter, the numerous fascinating patterns in the landscape has conjured up to one attraction richer.

There is a reference in a session about the Death Valley:

Q: In this underground bases book I have been reading, there are two old miners telling a story about falling through a
hole in a mine into a city of gold with mummified soldiers sitting around a huge table, and a 98 foot tall, solid gold statue.
I would like to know if this was just a story these guys made up?
A: Fable.
Q: So, they did not fall through a mine shaft into a city of gold in the Panamint Mountains?
A: The area around Death Valley does have many underground mysterious mysteries, but many have heard the legends.
Q: Okay. Just a general legend being repeated and embellished. I thought so. Now, I noticed when looking at the map
that there is a place called "China Lake Naval Weapons Center" right next to Death Valley. I mean, aside from the fact
that it is a NAVAL station nowhere near water, is this connected in anyway to these underground bases or cities?
A: In a circuitous way.
Q: I also notice that Edwards Air Force Base is a little to the South of there and my guess is that these bases are
connected to this underground tunnel system, these underground bases or cities. Am I going in the right direction?
A: Draw a line on the map to connect Death Valley, Edwards, and the Antelope Valley. Then connect with Mount
Shasta, Mount Ranier, Back to Las Vegas, on to Sedona, over to the Archuleta Mesa, then on up to the Denver
Airport.
Q: Well, speaking of the Denver Airport, C**** may be going there soon because S**** NOW has cancer to top
off her lifetime of ongoing miseries. So, C**** may be going out there. So, she will be close. Any comments?
A: Then have C**** go to that airport, observe carefully, then report back her findings. Very important, because the
murals there are directly connected to what you are studying carefully right now. Super clues to be found there, which
can point to monstrous future plans of 4th density STS and much, much more. Be wary if C**** resists the idea... This
means something! Obviously it is not a hardship for her. But strongly suggest you keep your findings to within the group!

I have no idea whether there is any connection between what they say about Death Valley and these stones.

Graalsword said:

I have no idea whether there is any connection between what they say about Death Valley and these stones.

Graalsword, did you read the article about the rocks? There isn't really anything mysterious about this: http://www.sott.net/articles/show/224385-Ice-offers-possible-explanation-for-Death-Valley-s-mysterious-self-moving-rocks

anart said:
Graalsword said:

Graalsword, did you read the article about the rocks? There isn't really anything mysterious about this: http://www.sott.net/articles/show/224385-Ice-offers-possible-explanation-for-Death-Valley-s-mysterious-self-moving-rocks

Yes, I also saw the video. They gave just possible explanations to the phenomenon.

Graalsword said:
Yes, I also saw the video. They gave just possible explanations to the phenomenon.

Do you think this explanation is not plausible and that the rocks are actually moving themselves around, on a time scale of years? I think even without ice that the nightly expansion and contraction of the surface of the ground due to the high temperature variation of day time in the desert versus night time in the desert is enough to explain the very slow shifting of rocks that lie on the surface. That specific type of ground surface makes it even more logical. Then again, I strive to find the most logical reason for everything before jumping to paranormal conclusions, so that could explain my thinking on it.

anart said:
Graalsword said:

Do you think this explanation is not plausible and that the rocks are actually moving themselves around, on a time scale of years? I think even without ice that the nightly expansion and contraction of the surface of the ground due to the high temperature variation of day time in the desert versus night time in the desert is enough to explain the very slow shifting of rocks that lie on the surface. That specific type of ground surface makes it even more logical. Then again, I strive to find the most logical reason for everything before jumping to paranormal conclusions, so that could explain my thinking on it.

Yes, you are right, it is better to seek first the most logical explanation. I think now, that I didn't read carefully enough and although I didn't jump to any paranormal conclusion at all, I jumped to post without much thought something that very probably has nothing to do with the phenomenon such as what the Cs said in that fragment, not thinking in the proper way about it made me do a mechanical association of both things just because it refered to the same area. So next time I will read more carefully instead of rushing to mechanically connect two different things.

Thank you for the correction Anart.

Back
Top Bottom