Deepfake Queen: 2020 Alternative Christmas Message

Deepfake technology is both fascinating and scary. My personal favourite is Home Stallone:

By the way, I can recall the C's saying that Putin has something big and he has it on video. Is that possible that the PTB want the deepfake technology to get the mainstream media attention to then be able to convince the public that "we didn't do it, it's a Russian deefake"?

What a strange video. Is this a movie? Or just a video about deepfake?

I think this technology is already in use, why not. Everything is possible now.

I don't think this is the Queen's voice - nor her. It is a 'skit'
The point Ocean is precisely that it is and yet is also not a believable representation of the queen of England. Yes, its an obvious 'skit' as you say (if you watch to the end they even proudly parade the source actress before her green screen) but one that still manages to reveal the fact that given a few minor adjustments to text, gesture and vocal mimicry, most people couldn't and wouldn't be able to tell the 'real' from this make-believe technology. We are being openly told here lies(sic) the future 'reality' of 'reality' TV - a grotesque blurring between these two places to reflect how our ability to tell truth from lies splits off with unreality being officially decreed the real way forward by dint of Royal Appointment... or perhaps that's already happened and no one has noticed the difference...

The point Ocean is precisely that it is and yet is also not a believable representation of the queen of England. Yes, its an obvious 'skit' as you say (if you watch to the end they even proudly parade the source actress before her green screen) but one that still manages to reveal the fact that given a few minor adjustments to text, gesture and vocal mimicry, most people couldn't and wouldn't be able to tell the 'real' from this make-believe technology. We are being openly told here lies(sic) the future 'reality' of 'reality' TV - a grotesque blurring between these two places to reflect how our ability to tell truth from lies splits off with unreality being officially decreed the real way forward by dint of Royal Appointment... or perhaps that's already happened and no one has noticed the difference...

Fortunately I never watch TV, not since 1980! So I cannot be affected by any of that. My children also didn't have television growing up, they had much better things to do outdoors, as we lived on a horse farm.

But yes it is quite scary what they are capable of doing now, we could even be watching a clone, or android and most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Fortunately I immerse myself in constant research
'so they can't fool me!'

Back
Top Bottom