Degenerate TV: What not to watch

Niall

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
I hesitate to even open such a topic because, as far as I can see, the vast majority of what passes for 'fun-watching' TV shows, movies, and related 'cultural entertainment' these days is - or unavoidably titilates with - degenerate content. Additionally, I've weighed in on specific TV series in recent years and some forum members have argued, sometimes with good reasoning, that, just because a show depicts graphic sex, violence or other 'heavy' themes, doesn't mean it's 'to be avoided'.

So, caveat emptor, as they say. I suppose then that this thread could be used for noting the 'especially anti-human, and anti-cultural, content' the regime is broadcasting.

What's prompting this is a headline I saw about a young actress stating in an interview that her father and grandfather 'walked out of the room' as she sat and watched with them the show she acts in:

Sydney Sweeney Says Her Dad and Grandfather ‘Walked Out’ Of The Room When They Saw ‘Euphoria’

So, what's 'Euphoria' about?

The Google 'About' blurb says:

An American adaptation of the Israeli show of the same name, "Euphoria" follows the troubled life of 17-year-old Rue, a drug addict fresh from rehab with no plans to stay clean. Circling in Rue's orbit are Jules, a transgender girl searching for where she belongs; Nate, a jock whose anger issues mask sexual insecurities; Chris, a football star who finds the adjustment from high school to college harder than expected; Cassie, whose sexual history continues to dog her; and Kat, a body-conscious teen exploring her sexuality. As the classmates struggle to make sense of their futures, the series tackles the teenage landscape of substance-enhanced parties and anxiety-ridden day-to-day life with empathy and candor.
No wonder her father and grandfather couldn't bear to watch it. Not only that, their response ought to be everyone's proper response. I know, I know, 'anything goes' nowadays, so watching tweenies pretend to be teens boinking anything and everything while out of their minds on drugs is... THE NEW NORMAL.

Well, to hell with that. It's not normal. It's degenerate. Guys, watching it will just leave you simpy, wanky and empty. Ladies, well, you know best.

Yep, the New Normal: Empty and void of anything resembling truth. Just the same old marketing gimmick: sex sex sex sex sex sex sex. All of it deviant, without the normal context of a lifelong relationship of marriage, family, parenting.

The thing is that when we learn to recognize what we are actually seeing while watching, there is not too much harm that could come out of it other than wasted time.

It is those peoples who only see it as entertainment, highlight of their day, or simply a way to forget daily hardships if you will, who will take that as source of their truth accepting unknowingly and quite willingly concepts they would not neccessarily agree with if their consciousness was not impaired.

Great topic. I expect it's going to be a popular thread.

Avoid like the plague a whole set of UK reality TV shows which are thinly disguised excuses to have titillating nudity. They include:

A controversial dating series in which people see potential love interests whose naked bodies are gradually revealed to them. Then they must get naked themselves and choose.

Worse still:

'Naked Education' is a new educational series from C4 celebrating diversity and body positivity, hosted by Anna Richardson, Yinka Bokinni and Dr Alex George. The show aims to normalise all body types by bringing together people who have gone through similar experiences to share their stories and discuss their feelings about their bodies. Additionally, a group of curious teenagers are welcomed to ask the experts any questions they may have been too afraid to bring up in the past in order to create a safe and open environment that challenges societal stigma.

By all body types they mean trans, basically. The teenagers literally sit in a mock-up classroom while the naked adults parade before them.

Actually I had the same thoughts lately. Sometimes I want light entertainment after busy day but lately whatever I start to watch on Netflix, although the plot seems ok and preview interesting, eventually turns into completely sick and twisted waste of time I normally abandon after short time of watching. Sometime I feel violated after exposure even to these shorter fragments.
Usually it starts completely normal but sure enough there has to be degenerate twist. And also the level of "degenerate" is unbelievable.
Even seemingly decent stuff - so yesterday I started Dutch movie ( I thought avoiding Hollywood will do the trick) which starts innocent enough, young couple with a baby moves to countryside into husband's old family house to start a new life - before you know it there is totally unnecessary and completely forced dark twist in the plot which makes you cringe. Half an hour lost, and ended up with contaminated personal space. Very soon will have to smudge every time I switch on the Netflix.
So yeah I totally get what you are saying. Its like programming for lower vibrations is ramping up these days and we have to be extra careful about the exposure.

Babylon (2022) with Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Jean Smart.

Found this IMDb review pretty descriptive, though I haven't seen the film myself, but the trailer (enough for me to dismiss this piece of garbage):

Overindulgence doesn't make a good movie
1 February 2023

So many reviews praise this film for the level of "debauchery" shown in it or the devotion the actors gave to said debauchery. But just because you have the willingness to fill your film with an over excess of sex, drugs, violence, and human bodily fluids doesn't mean you have a good film. This movie feels like it goes on forever and has endless character who serve no real purpose to progressing the story. At the core there is a decent plot but it falls apart and some of the scenes feel like they were written by a teenage boy imagining what his ideal "fantasy" would play out like. This movie will easily become a cult classic just for how vulgar it is.

Most movies, series and even the ads are plagued with forced inclusion, feminist/LBGT propaganda and “cool” degeneracy... There’s hardly anything worth watching anymore. The entertainment industry its just a propaganda machine at this point (maybe its always been) but this time the propaganda took priority over the story telling and the artistic side of things.

Perhaps the other side of the coin might be better: is there anything worth watching?
This one's pretty good (on Netflix):

The Cook of Castamar / La cocinera de Castamar:

It's in Spanish with subs, but has a great 'psycho' and a fairly good love story. Not perfect, and the ending is rather abrupt, but happy. And aside from the Oddly Placed Black Guy, there isn't much wokeness at all.

I hesitate to even open such a topic because, as far as I can see, the vast majority of what passes for 'fun-watching' TV shows, movies, and related 'cultural entertainment' these days is - or unavoidably titilates with - degenerate content. Additionally, I've weighed in on specific TV series in recent years and some forum members have argued, sometimes with good reasoning, that, just because a show depicts graphic sex, violence or other 'heavy' themes, doesn't mean it's 'to be avoided'.

So, caveat emptor, as they say. I suppose then that this thread could be used for noting the 'especially anti-human, and anti-cultural, content' the regime is broadcasting.

What's prompting this is a headline I saw about a young actress stating in an interview that her father and grandfather 'walked out of the room' as she sat and watched with them the show she acts in:

Sydney Sweeney Says Her Dad and Grandfather ‘Walked Out’ Of The Room When They Saw ‘Euphoria’

So, what's 'Euphoria' about?

The Google 'About' blurb says:

No wonder her father and grandfather couldn't bear to watch it. Not only that, their response ought to be everyone's proper response. I know, I know, 'anything goes' nowadays, so watching tweenies pretend to be teens boinking anything and everything while out of their minds on drugs is... THE NEW NORMAL.

Well, to hell with that. It's not normal. It's degenerate. Guys, watching it will just leave you simpy, wanky and empty. Ladies, well, you know best.

I fully concur with this “Euphoria” series. I started to watch only the first episode and had to stop it, since it was degenerate, as you wrote. Though it got many good reviews, it doesn't count any more nowadays.

I haven't seen this one but my partner told me about it recently (and I don't plan to watch it). It's called "Blonde" on Netflix.

The one episode I was told about involved John F. Kennedy (quote from wikipedia):
By 1962, she has become dependent on drugs and alcohol. Secret Service agents pick up an intoxicated Norma Jeane and take her to a hotel to meet the president, who forces her to fellate him, before raping her, and then has her taken away after she vomits in his bed.
My partner said "I didn't realize that Kennedy was such a scumbag!" I thought "Well, it's probably what some people want you to think about him". 😣

Actually I had the same thoughts lately. Sometimes I want light entertainment after busy day but lately whatever I start to watch on Netflix, although the plot seems ok and preview interesting, eventually turns into completely sick and twisted waste of time I normally abandon after short time of watching. Sometime I feel violated after exposure even to these shorter fragments.
Usually it starts completely normal but sure enough there has to be degenerate twist. And also the level of "degenerate" is unbelievable.
Even seemingly decent stuff - so yesterday I started Dutch movie ( I thought avoiding Hollywood will do the trick) which starts innocent enough, young couple with a baby moves to countryside into husband's old family house to start a new life - before you know it there is totally unnecessary and completely forced dark twist in the plot which makes you cringe. Half an hour lost, and ended up with contaminated personal space. Very soon will have to smudge every time I switch on the Netflix.
So yeah I totally get what you are saying. Its like programming for lower vibrations is ramping up these days and we have to be extra careful about the exposure.
I agree with you.
A few years ago I stopped watching American movies, tired of the sex and stories with people getting younger and younger but still with sex scenes. I turned to Korean movies where only holding hands with the person you like would take a few 15 episodes... Until 2020 Korean movies had a story to tell but the Koreans are catching up with the sex and the mix genders (I would say, women being more manly then men). It's confusing and tiring to watch.

Back
Top Bottom