Depression Treatment

Username

Jedi
Hi, i want to discuss a problem that could be important for a lot of people, specially in our times: should a person take the pilds that his psychiatrist has given to him to treat his depression? I thing that maybe the answer is not so simple, considering a certain number of points of view. For example, Gurdjieff teachs in his first book that nothing is more harmful for humans than modern medicine. He also teachs that the only ways to spiritually grow up are conscient work and voluntary suffering. So, isn't not taking the pilds a choice for voluntary suffering? On the other hand, the C's said once that the dark forces attacked people able to lurn the truth by creating chemical imbalances. But depression is a chemical imbalance and so could be an effect of an attack. So, if we want to protect ourselves against this sort of attack, should'nt we combat a chemical agression with a chemical defense and then should'nt the patient take the pilds?

Hi Manuel,

This topic has been discussed quite a few times (and is still being discussed!) on the forum. If you could please use the search function at the top of the page to find those threads (search for antidepressants, anti depressants, depression) , it would be externally considerate and you can join in on the discussion there. Have you had much of a chance yet to read the threads on the forum? It is always a good idea to spend quite a bit of time reading before one posts.

I thought this was interesting and was wondering if others had felt the "impact" of the Full Moon mutable Grand Cross?  As a Capricorn, it truly annoys and "stupifies" me to feel like a leaf being blown about on the wind.  ;)

from here:
_http://willowsweb.blogspot.com/2008/12/depression-and-current-astro-conditions.html
willow said:
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Depression and the Current Astro Conditions
One aspect of the Full Moon mutable Grand Cross coming up December 12 that I didn't mention in the "Friendly Reminder" was depression. This is Saturn's influence, but it is also quite common with the Virgo - Pisces polarity. Having to face the reality of the situation on Planet Earth (Virgo) and do our thing in the denser material realms can weigh heavily on us at times. The contrast between our spiritual ideals/the lighter spiritual realms and our Earthly reality (not just personally...the planet as a whole) can cause some sadness, tiredness and all-around depression.

At the same time, everything is changing, and we are saying goodbye to old structures and ways of living/being. It's kind of like an old relationship that has run its course - no matter how much you want to move on, there is still a little sadness when the end comes.

I've been waking up in the morning not wanting to get out of bed. Even to make it through my daily routine seems a bit of a miracle! Everything feels heavier and more of a drag than usual.

These themes are prevalent generally for anyone who has a prominent natal or transitting Saturn and for people with strong Virgo - Pisces polarity action in their charts (me).

But the current astro conditions - including that upcoming Full Moon mutable Grand Cross - show that this energy is out there for everyone.

The current Saturn in Virgo - Uranus in Pisces opposition (ongoing for the next two years) can dig up some of this depression, weight, and difficulty. Constantly being challenged to apply our spiritual consciousness in the day-to-day, while aware of all the parts that require attention and of how much work there is yet to do, can weigh us down.

Our old conditions, old routines, old structures are coming to an end, but we're still sort of hauling our butts through them, waiting, waiting...(Saturn)

Some have been consciously waiting for years/decades.

So to continue doing our day-to-day while all this other stuff is going on can seem like cruel and unusual punishment.

Saturn is also getting ready for its retrograde (beginning December 31) and is just starting to slow down, making it an even more concentrated and heavy presence than usual.

I think the way to successfully navigate is to accept (Pisces) that we're feeling a little down and just love ourselves through it. The worst thing for me is to pathologize things like depression - which I think is par for the course on Planet Earth 2008. So accepting the condition of depression as something that is meant to keep you safe - by slowing you down, grounding you, keeping you in touch with your inner guidance - can help. Listen to what this state is trying to tell you. For me, resisting and making it into something that is "wrong" just worsens the situation.

Basically, we are challenged to be very precise right now (Saturn in Virgo). We have to live our day-to-day lives consciously in order to bring the changes in. Routines can get to the point where they are unconscious, just something we do, and we can't fall into that right now.

So I think being held back and slowed down a bit is in our best interests. We have to get out of the way sometimes to let the Universe do its thing (while still doing our part, of course), and this is one of those times.

Don't force, don't pretend. Just be where you are and things will continue to move.
Posted by Willow at 9:53 AM 

Back
Top Bottom