Detoxification: Heavy Metals, Mercury and how to get rid of them

Mikey

The Living Force
Why Detox?
Dr. Timothy Ray:

In the last few decades our planet has been deluged with billions of tons of pollution, hundreds of thousands of new chemicals, toxic medical procedures and OTC drugs (over the counter), depletion of the topsoil causing nutrient deficiencies and diminished oxygen supply. The combinations of some of these new poisons, like mycotoxin-based antibiotics with mercury, are much more deadly than each separately. Thousands of interactions have not been studied. This situation is very new to our evolutionary time-line as a species.

The status of this poisoning is not agreed upon by mainstream politics or medicine; and if it is, they are not mobilizing against it.[...]

If a person is diagnosed with a disease and poisoned at the same time, should they be treated for the disease or detoxified first? Many doctors do not even know that their patients are chronically poisoned! You might have to manage their symptoms in the meantime, but clearly the poisons must be removed first to even know if they have the disease, and what their own powers of self-healing are. Unfortunately today, we are all poisoned to some degree. Commonsense dictates that we minimize the presence and impact of these poisons on our system, and learn how to do so as a survival skill. [...]

Heavy metal and chemical poisoning are mutagenic, cytotoxic, and disrupt every regulatory system in the body. The longer a person has been toxic, and the more severe, complex, interactive and pervasive the symptoms, the more caution must be exercised during detox.[...]

A person who is still well can learn to stop the exposure, do a common sense oriented and pH managed home detox program, and use simple prevention and management supplements.

Once detox is complete, a medical re-evaluation is recommended. At this point, if a person is still sick, a diagnosis makes sense. Once the poisons are removed all medical modalities, natural and unnatural, become substantially more effective. [...]

There is a very good chance that once the toxins are gone, the body's ability to self-heal will take over and restore the system to wellness. I have seen this happen in clinic hundreds of times.

from www.awarechiropracticcentre.co.uk/detoxandhealthsupport.html
Some years ago I heard of the damaging effects of mercury and consequently decided to remove all my amalgam fillings (four) at once. This was the reason I first came into contact with my AK (Applied Kinesiology) practitioner, who tested mercury in my small intestine -- apparently I had swallowed a small amount of amalgam debris. My detoxification was guided by her and I learnt about the process as we went along.

Up to that point in time, she had only used Chlorella for heavy metal detoxification as suggested by her AK teacher Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt (www.klinghardt.org) but later came across the work of Dr. Timothy Ray (quoted above), who seemingly developed more effective methods for detoxification. According to their articles, Klinghardt and Ray conducted longtime clinical trials in the subject matter of heavy metals and detoxification, so their scientific work is backed up by hard facts and laboratory measurements.

It has been observed that resolving psycho-emotional trauma increases the excretion of heavy metals. Hence, in addition to deal with coarse toxication (e.g. from amalgam fillings), continuous elimination of heavy metals seems to be an integral part of the Work on the Self.

I looked into Ray's articles. He studied Biological Medicine in the US, Germany and England (www.bioray2000.com/ContactBioray.cfm). Ray's findings are useful in a practical manner, so I decided to post excerpts of his articles below.

Firstly, I have found those threads in the SOTT forum regarding mercury and heavy metals: Why is thimerosal still in most flu vaccines!!??, Thimerosal, a preservative for vaccines and what else it does., Cervical cancer-Mich. schoolgirls may need HPV shots, Mercury in the air?, Fasting, Gluten, MSG, Soy, Blood Type Diet and Environmental Comments.

Ray suggests a detoxification program right in tune with common sense. Paraphrasing Ray from what I know from my own therapy:

General approach:
- Clean from coarse/outside/extrazellular to fine/inside/intracellular (like you do when cleaning your home for example)
- do not mobilize more toxins than you can excrete, or they will be redistibuted to other locations, thereby triggering an unwanted 'healing crisis'.
- hence, have your excretion paths (liver, kidney, intestine, skin, etc.) in good shape and support metabolic processes (biochemically) if needed.

Pay attention to following pitfalls:
- do not fast, protein is nessecary for excretion of toxins
- mercury acts as an antibiotic; elimination of same may arouse latent infections, e.g. protozoa infection
- probiotics (e.g. acidophilus, streptococcus) may metabolize excreted mercury (still in the intestine) into dangerous methylmercury
- dying fungi/yeasts (e.g. candida) may release vast amounts of previously bound mercury
- parasites (e.g. ascaris) excrete toxins
- keep ammonium value low (ammonium reacts violently with mercury)
- ischemic lesions may serve as a deep layer of toxin deposits
- use only saliva and/or urine for analysis (e.g. HERMES system, see below), because blood indices appear delayed (buffering, body sustains homeostasis)
- prevent acidosis
- avoid constipation and dehydration
- blocked self-regulation of the body (e.g. scars)
- mental/emotional stagnation, family dynamics
- defective structural / cranial positions
- do body exercise
- etc.

The main question is, of course, how are hevy metals removed from the body? Quoted from http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0ISW/is_2003_June/ai_102372159/pg_2

Chelation Therapy (Wiki) is almost the only means of removing toxic metals from the body and brain. Chelation (Wiki) works by capturing the molecules of poisonous metal into an ionic structure and removing them from the cells, bloodstream, and various storage depots in the tissues. Chelators are those therapeutic chemicals employed by chelation therapists [...]
Ray developed chelation agents based on natural, organic ingredients. According to laboratory measurements, those are more effective than the commonly used chelation agents like DMPS, DMSA and others.

Ray suggests a strategic detoxification. For this, a physician mediated "Five Stage Heavy Metal & Chemical Detox Protocol" has been created, accompanied by an optional "detox management system" called HERMES (acting as an objective feedback loop); both based on biochemistry and 15 years clinical experience in detoxification.

STAGE 1 - Preparation of the body and stop of toxin influx
a) address teeth, diet, water, lifestyle, environment, past, trauma, structural problems, etc. In short: be in a stable condition
b) prepare (strengthen) excretion organs
c) cleanse blood, so that blood cells don't clump together
STAGE 2 - Repair and cleanse excretion organs
(Note: for example see thread Blessed Herbs Colon Cleansing Kit
STAGE 3 - Cleanse extracellular areas
STAGE 4 - Cleanse intracellular areas
STAGE 5 - Cleanse central nervous system and ischemic lesions

Afterwards reparation of damages -- evoked by longime toxication -- finally can be carried out by the body.

Each listed stage is facilitated by Ray's chelation agents. The optional HERMES feedback system seems to be an cheap, easy and fast saliva and/or urine analysis, which allows avoinding expensive and slow labor analysis.

Ray's articles can be found at www.bioray2000.com/PublishedArticles.cfm

I have compiled excerpts from some of his articles and emphasized passages for faster reading; the original articles include references and case studies for better comprehension.

Edit: improvements

Complete article including References: www.bioray2000.com/uploads/ModernMiasm.pdf

Excerpt and custom emphasis from:
A child's inheritance: The modern miasm identification and treatment strategy
(c) 2001 Dr. Timothy Ray, OMD, LAc
Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients, February/March 2002, #223/224

Our children are being born into a world more toxic at every level than could ever have been imagined -- whether they get it in utero from a mother with metal toxicity (1) or from a well-meaning doctor, that is their inheritance. We've known about this problem for decades. And still, to this day, a diagnostic test for heavy metal and chemical toxicity is not included in the basic evaluation of every patient and child by most doctors, let alone by hospitals or health plans. Is the toxic fog creeping through the valley faster than our ability to get out of the way?

Given that just about every person on this planet has some degree of heavy metal toxicity (from air pollution, amalgam fillings, dental offices, inoculations, fish, in utero exposure from their mother's fillings, ground and water contamination), the fact that the World Health Organization (WHO) acknowledges environmental pollution as the underlying cause of 80% of all chronic degenerative diseases, (2) that proof has been established as to the causative effect of heavy metals in neurological diseases including Alzheimer's and MS, (3) that the FDA now warns women of childbearing age (all women above age 18) to not eat certain (heavy metal containing) fish, (4) and that there are at least 76 published functional and behavioral abnormalities associated with heavy metal toxicity, (5) the most serious and common mistake that can be made is a misdiagnosis (false negative) either at the beginning or end of therapy. (6)

Observation of Constitutional Weakening
During seven years of conducting Darkfield examinations of live blood, I noticed that, in general, the younger the patient, the weaker the immune system. The test method involves repeated observations of a drop of blood under a cover slip left in the same position under the microscope and noting how long it takes for decay to begin. The blood of a person with no disease in 8 generations of their family living in a pristine environment and eating non-toxic, nutritious food lasts about 48 hours with no decay. In Los Angeles, the blood of 60-80 year old patients pre-treatment can last several hours, while that of much younger patients lasts as little as 20 minutes. Why? I believe this is due to the escalating pollution of our bodies and environment, and the decrease of (bioavailable) nutrients in our food. The older the person, the less toxic the environment was during their formative years. A healthy elderly person is more resilient than a healthy younger one.

Dumping of Pollutants: A Snapshot
Pesticides (industrial, commercial and home use): 1.2 billion pounds per year in the US in 1997 alone. At a population of 250 million, that is about 5 lbs. per person per year exposure. If we were to only absorb 1%, that would be 22.7 grams per year. Smog: 34.8 million tons per year in 1996 alone. With a 1% absorption, that's about 2.8 lbs a year per person. Mercury in 'Silver Fillings': An estimated 557 tons of mercury are stored in the teeth of Americans. The average person has 8 amalgams, leaking 120 micrograms of mercury per day. During pregnancy, most of this is absorbed by the fetus. (7)

To this accumulating megaton garbage heap, add in the damage caused by radiation (nuclear & electro magnetic), Iatrogenic abuse (drugs--people and food chain), mycotoxins in the stored food supply, water contamination, GM (genetically modified) foods, and top soil depletion.

Why Don't The Remedies Always Work?
You can see from this data that the average human being is a different 'chemical soup' than the people who tested and proved remedies and therapies in earlier times. Much of the research we have was done prior to this massive influx of poison into our environment and the people used in the provings could not have responded to the remedies and therapies in the same way a modern, toxic person would. The older the proving of the remedy, the less relevant its literature.

For example, Ultra Violet Blood Irradiation (UBI) was first discovered at the turn of the century and eventually found mainstream use in the 30's and 40's at USC Medical Center, in the cure of polio, meningitis, pneumonia, sepsis, and other life threatening infectious conditions. The literature was so compelling I decided to try it. The results were marginal. I finally discovered that if the person went through heavy metal detox before the treatment, that a cure became possible and that the reports in the literature were once again reliable. This has held true for Isopathic (Sanum) Therapy and many other valuable modalities.

The point here is that the major influx of toxins into our bodies and environment constitutes a fundamental change in the health status of human beings, and that all therapeutic action must first address this issue if an improvement in their health is to be made. If you clear the toxins, those remedies and therapies will work once again.

In summary: Toxins, especially heavy metals, block the cure. If the proving of a remedy or therapy did not differentiate between metal toxic and non metal toxic subjects, that data may not be relevant to modern clinical practice.

Favorable Responses to Metal Detox
I have observed clinical improvements in the following conditions post metal detox: autism, ADD/ADHD, ataxia, Parkinson's, MS, failure to thrive, vaccination damage, seizures, chronic infections: viral, bacterial, parasitic, and fungal, night terrors, short term memory loss, insomnia, impaired immune response, perceptual/cognitive dysfunction, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, dermatitis, acne, chronic pain, headaches, migraine, anxiety, depression, digestive disturbances, porphyria, prostatitis, high blood pressure, and angina. (Please, see the Townsend Letter (April, 2001) list of 76 behavioral and functional abnormalities related to heavy metal toxicity.)

One of the reasons the list is so long is because the metals interfere with every enzymatic and thus metabolic process in the body. (8) They are also cytotoxic and mutagenic. (9)

I am not saying that heavy metal detox is a cure or treatment for any of the above conditions, but that if heavy metal detox is addressed first these conditions become much more responsive to any required additional therapy.

Treatment Strategy
Take out the garbage and the system tends to self regulate. First identify the primary obstacle or toxin in a patient's system and remove it safely. Do this one step at a time, with one remedy at a time where possible. Wait and observe the impact of the given remedy on their system, allowing them time to achieve whatever degree of self-regulation they can without further intervention. Reevaluate and proceed to the next issue. (10)

To achieve successful detox without a healing crisis, seven main issues are addressed:

1. A correct diagnosis
Avoiding a false negative is of utmost importance. (11) On the practical side, if you have a child who has never done well, whose mother had amalgams, and who has been vaccinated, do you really need to run a test?

2. The choice of chelator
The choice can finally now be made to mobilize the metals via the urine, feces, sweat or any combination of the above depending on the patient's status and choice of the appropriate chelator. (12)

3. Addressing the obstacles
An obstacle, or focal problem, is a condition or lifestyle problem that can prevent detox and improvement, or aggravate the process. Each one is evaluated as to degree of relevance and the order in which it is dealt with. (13)

4. Proceeding with detox at the right time
I have to know what the patient's sequence of priorities is, and this can largely be determined with in vivo testing methods. Blocked regulation, CNS instability and low battery focus (14) conditions must be addressed first.

5. Proceeding with detox at the right dose
Nanoamperage measurements, electro dermal screening and muscle testing [Note: see Kinesiology Thread]can only give me 50% of the remedy and dosage info because there is a vast difference between the patient's autonomic response to the photon frequency emission effect of the tested remedy [Note: see threadThe Field - Biophotons], and the chemical ingestion response once the patient consumes it. The patient consumes the minimum tolerated dose (of the tested chelator) in the office and is then retested 15 minutes post ingestion. If positive, they are told to ramp up the dose gradually until they reach the 'window of improvement (15) and then stay at that dose.

6. Appropriate drainage and support remedies and therapies
The challenge here is to not use any of them unless it is absolutely necessary, but to have anything that might be needed for support available if they are.

7. Staying in control of the case
I do not believe it is prudent to medicate until one knows where the baseline is so I request that they stop all remedies, supplements and therapies possible before they come in for the first time.

If only one step or remedy is given at a time, I always know what is doing what. After a therapeutic move I wait and watch to see what degree of self regulation is achieved by that step. This could take ten minutes or ten days per remedy or therapy, depending on the remedy or therapy.

Given that the patient should only report feeling better if the diagnosis and prescription are correct, that a healing crisis is neither necessary nor beneficial, I can easily adjust the dosage or prescription if they call with a new symptom. If I give several remedies and therapies at the same time, I lose control of the case. Adding them in one at a time, control of the case can be maintained.

[...]

Concluding the Case
The problem is that the patient generally feels so much better after clearing the metals that it an be difficult to convince them to continue therapy. [...]

We do not yet have an objective noninvasive measure of the total body burden of metals or other toxin in the patient's system, only a measure of what the given chelator can mobilize and eliminate, therefore no way of knowing if all of the toxins have been removed.

[...]

Conclusion
The world that we are turning over to our children presents dangers that many of us did not have to face during our formative years. The least we can do as doctors is to generate awareness of the situation, create or offer diagnostic and therapeutic measures to counter some of that which awaits them, and support the organizations involved in bringing the amalgam (29) and vaccination issues into the public eye. The least we can do as parents is to support those organizations and agencies involved in environmental remediation and preservation. What we can all do as human beings is demand that the damage be stopped.

Complete article including References: www.bioray2000.com/uploads/MitigationofMercuryVapor.pdf
The Mitigation of Methyl Mercury Vapor Inhalation and Exhalation in People with Dental Amalgam Fillings
(c)2002 Dr. Timothy Ray, OMD, LAc
Published in Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients, November 2002, #232

Source of Inspiration for this Study
[...] We all know that people with amalgams are becoming more toxic with each breath they take, and nothing has yet been discovered to protect them while the amalgams are still in the teeth. For every breath they inhale, they also exhale (and or 'outgas') into the workplace and the environment in which they live, posing a lesser yet significant threat to those around them. This group, with amalgam fillings still present, represents a huge patient population.

Abstract
[...] Is it possible to minimize the damage caused by the inhalation of mercury vapor leaking from amalgam fillings (precipitated by chewing, drinking hot beverages, teeth grinding, dental procedures, substandard 'soft' alloy preparations, galvanism) during pregnancy, during the procedure of having them replaced, or during heavy metal and chemical detoxification? [...]

The following study was conducted using the Genesis Labs AAS (atomic absorption spectroscopy) Hg253 portable mercury vapor analyzer. (2) An attempt was made to determine if the mercury vapor precipitated by chewing could be bound and then discarded (identified as a decrease in mercury levels after brushing and spitting) without causing an increase in the oral presence of mercury (identified as an increase in the mercury level after brushing and spitting). [...] study was conducted with 19 people. [...]

Background: Safe Limits of Exposure
The American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) has established a threshold level value of 0.025 mg/m³ of mercury for an eight hour time period. The ACGIH additionally recommends that women of childbearing age should not be exposed to air concentrations of mercury greater than 0.010 mg/m³. Additional regulatory agency guidelines for mercury exposure levels are as follows. The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), and the World Health Organization (WHO) have established an exposure limit of 0.050 mg/m³ for an eight-hour time period. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has established a ceiling (peak) exposure level of 0.100 mg/m³

Background: Dental Amalgams Hazard
Amalgams contain 50% mercury, 35% silver, 9% tin, 6% copper and a trace of zinc. A single dental amalgam filling with a surface area of only 0.4 sq.cm is estimated to release as much as 15 micrograms of mercury per day primarily through mechanical wear and evaporation. (4, 5, 6) In direct contradiction to the published literature, an ADA spokesman estimated that only 0.08 micrograms of mercury per amalgam filling are taken in per day. (7) The average individual has eight amalgam fillings and could absorb up to 120 micrograms (0.120 mg/m³) of mercury per day from their amalgams. (8)

The primary route of mercury absorption into the body is through the inhalation of mercury vapor. (9) The mercury vapor from the amalgams is lipid soluble and passes readily through cell membranes and across the blood brain barrier. (10) The human body retains approximately 75% of the mercury that is inhaled. (11) Animal studies show that radioactively labeled mercury released from ideally placed amalgam fillings appears quickly in the kidneys, brain and wall of the intestines. (12, 13) The mercury escapes continuously during the entire life of the filling primarily in the form of vapor, but also abraded particles. (14,15) Chewing, brushing, and the intake of hot fluids stimulate this release. (16) Gold placed in the vicinity of an amalgam restoration produces a 10-fold increase in the release of mercury. (17,18)

Measurement of Mercury Vapor from Dental Amalgams
"The current ADA estimate that only 0.08 micrograms of mercury per amalgam per day is taken into the human body does not take into consideration that up to five-sixths of the mercury released would be into the tooth (that area of the amalgam that exists below the visibly exposed amalgam surface) and not into the oral air. In addition, some mercury in the oral air would be rapidly absorbed into the saliva and oral mucosa (mercury loves hydrophobic cell membranes) and also not be measured by the mercury analyzer. The ADA estimate does not include the increase that would occur with amalgams when chewing, grinding the teeth, drinking hot liquids or in the presence of galvanism, which all greatly increase the release of mercury. Further, as the mercury analyzer pulls mercury-containing oral air into the analysis chamber, mercury-free ambient air rushes into the oral cavity decreasing the mercury concentration. Taking all of this into account you can calculate that most mercury analyzers could not detect this "estimated" 0.08 micrograms/day level of mercury even with several amalgams. However, the fact is that it is quite easy to detect mercury emitting from one amalgam using these (mercury vapor) analyzers. Therefore, the "estimate" by this ADA spokesman is too low." (19)
According to this study, a person with amalgams mobilizes (inhales or exhales) between 1-50 ppb mercury vapor per (mouth) breath or swallow per mouthful of chewed food per meal per day, most of which is swallowed. According to the ACGIH peak limit of exposure for women of childbearing age of 1.21 ppb mercury, eating more than one half of one mouthful of food at a time, or more than 2 mouthfuls in an eight hour period, would be out of the question and recognized as unsafe according to the lowest levels detected during this study. That's not enough food per day, especially for a pregnant woman, nor does the situation offer an acceptable option: starve or be poisoned.

Mid-Data Reality Check
Mercury is neurotoxic to some degree at any level, and has pernicious synergistic effects in combination with many forms of bacteria, other metals, and chemicals. (20) Though we can measure exposure and excretion levels, we cannot yet measure cumulative body burden levels. Mercury has a half-life of between 15-30 years. Levels below what is considered as 'safe' devastate some patients, especially allergic ones. [...]

Tobacco Smoking: Of Interest
It is known that the tobacco plant efficiently concentrates mercury out of the soil, so while preparing to use the Hg253 unit, we measured the smoke from an additive-free tobacco cigarette (0.014 mg/m³ of Hg) versus the exhaled smoke of the same cigarette (0.004 mg/[m.sup.3] of Hg). The smoker effectively filters out the 'danger level' of mercury in tobacco smoke into their own body, therefore it is the uninhaled secondary smoke that is of most danger to others in the vicinity. For the smoker, that's roughly 1 ppb mercury per puff.

From thread Fasting, Gluten, MSG, Soy, Blood Type Diet:
Dr. Blaylock: It's the same thing with mercury. Mercury is even more poisonous than lead. An infant is getting 150 times the dose of mercury than the EPA safety limits. A hundred times higher than the FDA safety limits. Here's a little baby that's getting 150 times higher a dose than the FDA says is safe for an adult.
Complete article inclusive case histories and references: www.bioray2000.com/uploads/FMSrevised.pdf

Fetal Metal Syndrome (FMS)
(c) 2001 Timothy Ray OMD LAc
Explore! for the Professional, Vol. 11 #1, January 2002.
Revised.

[...] This paper addresses preliminary observations on the brain and psyche of a population of patients with inherited metal toxicity. [...]

The term 'syndrome' is used because, depending on variances in allergies, genetics, type, quantity and combination of heavy metals, and the location of cerebral deposition, the symptoms are diverse but the cause is the same.

Brain Damage
The placenta and fetus have a greater affinity to mercury than do the adult tissues and cells of the mother (2, 3). The fetus thus becomes a depository, absorbing and storing whatever unbound toxins are present in the mother’s blood. A person who is formed in this neurotoxic environment will therefore not experience the proper development (4) or functioning of their brain and nervous system (5, 6). Their developing reactions to life, behaviors, associations, conclusions will be in reference to the perceptions and responses of a toxic, dysfunctional brain and thus the 'sense of self' will be accumulated and established in a distorted manner. The longer this goes on, the deeper and more entrenched this false sense of self becomes, the more the person identifies dysfunction as normal for them. The more toxic the mother, the greater the level of brain damage in the infant (7, 8, 9, 10) and thus the wide range of severity and variety of behavioral and functional abnormalities produced. A person with FMS has never completely experienced or expressed ‘self’.

Brain Wave and Cerebral Blood Flow Abnormalities
[...] It has been observed that some metal toxic patients have 'thrill seeking' behavior expressing a need for overwhelming stimulus to wake up the brain. They also tend to present with lack of presence, depression and a propensity towards excessive therapeutic intervention, drugs and stimulants. This is suggestive of low beta wave amplitude and thalamic hypofunction.

Hypoperfusion of the frontal lobes is a primary finding in patients with autism, schizophrenia, Aspberger's Syndrome, ADD and ADHD (11); and mercury is suspected as one of the causative agents in these disorders.

It has also been observed that metal toxic patients tend to have erratic and excessive theta wave activity. This accompanies a wide range of behavioral abnormalities including seizure activity and feelings of insecurity. If one side of the brain is more toxic/damaged than the other, the patient may experience problems with instability including pervasive developmental delays, sleep disturbances, OCD, rage, and mania. The fact that mercury causes electrical disruption in the brain was brought to my attention by the following case: a woman went in to have 16 amalgams removed from her right quadrant during a four hour procedure during which a rubber dam was not used. When she got home she went into an extended grand mal epileptic seizure and was left paralyzed on the floor until her husband returned home the next day. She had no history of epilepsy. She was taken to the hospital and diagnosed with MS of unknown etiology. She said she felt like her finger was stuck in a 110-volt wall socked during the seizure. Her MD later confirmed that she had suffered 'internal electrocution', the diagnosis of MS was dismissed and eventually (years later) replaced with that of heavy metal toxicity.

[...]

FMS touches on
1. the edge of the psychological realm (with issues of regulation of affect and transient emotional states),
2. mood (long term emotional states),
3. the neuropsychological (cognitive, perception, memory, etc.),
4. issues of developmental neurophysiology (effect of oxidant catalyst mercury/lead on the growth, structure, and function of the nerve cells, glial cells, and synapses, as well as the depressed formation of neural stem cell progenitors in the presence of oxidative catalysts with an affinity for the neural tissues); and
5. issues of developmental psychological importance (bonding with parents, socialization, communication skills, development of positive self and sexual identity). (13)

FMS in particular, and metal toxicity in general, could be as yet unrecognized reasons for failure in the traditional treatment of mental dysfunction in these patient populations, and warrant controlled, broad based studies. [...]

Resolving Psycho-Emotional Trauma
It has been observed that resolving psycho-emotional trauma increases the excretion of heavy metals (17). Brain damage from metal toxicity in general and particularly in FMS are a different issue, the resolution of which will restore the person’s ability to deal with their mind and emotions. The vector goes both ways.[...]

Comment
A lifetime of disease, misdiagnosis and disorientation can be prevented if the severity, complexity, and disease causality of heavy metal toxicity are taken seriously. A diagnostic test for heavy metal toxicity must be instituted as a required test for every patient and for every child born of a mother with a history of amalgam fillings and / or metal toxicity. There is not only sufficient evidence in the scientific literature to warrant the inclusion of this test as standard operating procedure, but also to seriously question why any protocol used to treat the associated functional and behavioral disorders does not address the search for the cause(s).

Attempting to determine heavy metal toxicity without the supervision of a health care practitioner, who is an expert in both diagnosing and treating heavy metal toxicity, can lead to the danger of a 'false negative'. (20)

Conclusion
The victims of FMS need more than heavy metal detox. The cleansing and repair of the brain and the acceptance of the new, emerging self must all be addressed in the correct order if the person is to achieve self sustaining, vibrant mental and physical health.

Now to Ray's natural chelating agents:

from www.bioray2000.com/uploads/HeavymetalDetoxificationASD.pdf
Why use NDF™ or NDF Plus™?
I use it because I have seen neurological improvements and increased elimination of heavy metals after DMPS, DMSA, PCA and Metal-Free had stopped working. With NDF & NDF Plus there is an end point to detox. It took seven years to see it in patients who had previously tried all of the above.

What is NDF™ and NDF Plus™?
A whole food, organic, raw and bio-available dietary supplement for the treatment of heavy metal and chemical toxicity that is taken orally. NDF contains micronized chlorella, cilantro (=coriander) and probiotics. NDF Plus contains additional predigested milk thistle, agaricus blazei, ganoderma, cordyceps and horsetail herb.[...]

Why chlorella?
The heavy metal binding power of chlorella was first discovered in the mining industry. It was mixed with water, pumped into mine shafts in huge quantities to collect the residual metals after bulk mining had been completed, from which the bound metals were then collected. A person could not possibly consume the same relative amount of chlorella that was used to accomplish this goal, about 60% of their body weight, and this is why heavy metal detox with chlorella has so far produced poor results.Our patent pending process of 'micro-reducing' Chlorella provides a massive increase in the concentration of the chlorella cell wall (the part that binds to the metals and chemicals), sporopollenin and carotenoids thus allowing a person to safely consume enough chlorella to achieve heavy metal & chemical detoxification. Our chlorella achieves at least a 50 fold increase in its heavy metal & chemical binding capabilities. This is why NDF™ & NDF Plus™ achieve with 1 teaspoon what 50 teaspoons of regular chlorella cannot.

Chlorella is antiviral, increases reduced glutathione, binds to neurotoxins in general (sporopollenin), restores coeruloplasmin and metallothioneine, restores damaged neurons (methyl cobolamine - B12), stimulates detoxification (CGF), facilitates opening of the cell wall by activating PPAR receptors, strengthens the immune system, restores bowel flora, is an alkalizer and is a super-nutrient. The difference is that NDF contains chlorella in a 100% bioavailable form.

Why probiotics [in NDF™ & NDF Plus™]?
The probiotics (lactic acid bacteria) in NDF™ & NDF Plus™ are cell wall broken, or dead, and are there for the purpose of pushing out the pathogenic organisms and their anti inflammatory effect, while preparing the gut for re-colonization with live probiotics after the initial phase of detox is over.

Why cilantro (coreander) [in NDF™ & NDF Plus™]?
"A recent animal study demonstrated rapid removal of aluminum and lead from the skeleton and brain superior to any known other detox agent. It is probably the only effective agent in mobilizing mercury stored in the intracellular space and the nucleus of the cell." D. Klinghardt MD.

Mobilization – How do the heavy metals and chemicals leave my body?
The predominant route of excretion of heavy metals & chemicals when using NDF™ & NDF Plus™ is via the urine, decreasing the possibility of re-absorption through the bowel, methylation of mercury, and decreasing the burden on the liver. NDF™ & NDF Plus™ do not remove necessary and beneficial minerals from the body as do other chelators.

Laboratory Proof
The following collection of laboratory data represents the research that has been done by BioRay Inc. or shared with us by various independent physicians using NDF™ in their clinical practice over the last 3 years, and is the basis for our conclusions as to the exclusively beneficial effects of NDF™. This collection does not include the extensive Japanese research that has been conducted on chlorella, proving that it binds to all heavy metals, organochlorides, hydrocarbons, and has remarkable anti radiation effects.

[...]

Then there is this snippet from the C's session 2002-05-04:
Q: (B) Well then they were right. Now, there was a discussion about psychopaths and seemingly being born that way, and a reference was made to mercury content in vaccines and Laura said that there is a distinct possibility that inoculations mentioned may directly affect the brains of infants and turn them into psychopaths. Is that a third area that needs to be pursued in our quest of learning about psychopaths?

A: Such inoculations are designed to make the nervous system more "appropriately tuned" to 4D STS "downloads" and manipulation.

Q: (A) What inoculations? (L) Childhood vaccinations. (B) High mercury content in the 18 vaccinations that a kid gets now in infancy

Cool Data, thanks for the Summary/Suggestion. I ordered their NDF Plus so I'll give a product review after i get to try it out.

I did a search on NDF and found a Uk vendor that sells it for 118.00 Euro for 29 ml bottle. I think I'll stick to my cilantro pesto. I got the seeds on e-bay. I froze several batches for the winter time. I use olive oil, raw garlic, and cilantro. I also take pro-biotics and drink milk thistle (liver), angelica (digestive system/urinary tract), and cherry root (kidneys) tea. Of course, my personal therapy is not so scientifically exact, but at least I can afford it and I have noticed a general improvement in my health, and less mind fog immediately after doing a cycle of cilantro pesto.

I also use cranberry extract, and uva usrsina to avoid bladder problems and drink lots of water. Oregano oil is also a good supplementary therapy to get rid of candida and parasites.

A friend of mine in the states, who is in the nutritional supplement industry, told me about Japanese detox foot pads. He is raving about the results that he had. These apparently are a cotton or felt like gauze, self adhesive pad which you apply to the bottoms of both feet before bedtime. When you remove them for the first time, after the first night, they are black with the heavy metals that they have pulled out through the soles of the feet. It is said that a thirty day treatment, once a year, cleans you out and keeps you that way. It is also said they they are now selling over a million of these a month in Japan.

I am skeptical, but this person is claiming that he can really feel a difference after a week, so I had him send me some. They should be here next week. I do not even know the brand name of the product which he has sent, but in doing some research I found this:

_http://www.betterhealthguy.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=34&Itemid=61

And this:

_http://www.acupeds.com/product.html

There seem to be quite a proliferation of these types of products. Google "foot pads detox". The ones that I have coming are Japanese. I'll post the results in a few weeks.

Rabelais said:
A friend of mine in the states, who is in the nutritional supplement industry, told me about Japanese detox foot pads. He is raving about the results that he had. These apparently are a cotton or felt like gauze, self adhesive pad which you apply to the bottoms of both feet before bedtime. When you remove them for the first time, after the first night, they are black with the heavy metals that they have pulled out through the soles of the feet. It is said that a thirty day treatment, once a year, cleans you out and keeps you that way. It is also said they they are now selling over a million of these a month in Japan.
I tried these Japanese foot pads that I got at a health food store a while back - and yes they were black when I removed them each morning. But, I didn't notice any great change myself, after a few weeks, maybe that's just me. I'll be interested in hearing your results.

Here is an update.

manitoban said:
I tried these Japanese foot pads that I got at a health food store a while back - and yes they were black when I removed them each morning. But, I didn't notice any great change myself, after a few weeks, maybe that's just me. I'll be interested in hearing your results.
Let me first explain my unique situation. I was diagnosed, in late 2003, with a condition called achalasia. It is a neurolocgical disorder for which the sickness industry has no causal explanation. Not surprising, eh? It is the loss of neurological impulses which direct the esophageal contractions which carry food to the stomach - and the dilation of the esophageal sphincter, which allows food to enter the stomach. The symptoms are disgusting and I won't go into them here. The medical fix in the states is a laparoscopic process whereby they go down the esophagus and snip the esophageal sphincter muscle. In France, they want to perform a traditional invasive surgery to do the same thing. I am not excited about this and have considered going back to the states for another botox injection, which works well but is only a temporary fix.

OK, on to the foot patches. By the way, I discovered upon their arrival, that the Chi brand, which I have, is a Korean product and not Japanese, although they allegedly sell like hotcakes in Japan.

After five night's applications, I noticed that 75-80% of my achalasia symptoms had vanished. This morning I postponed my January 4 hospital pre-surgery diagnostic visit for 30 days to fully evaluate what is happening with these foot patches. It is possible that I have stumbled not only onto a cure, but also the primary causal factor for this condition. I remain guardedly optimistic at this point.

My working hypothesis is that an otherwise spinally correct neurological circuitry can be shorted out by build ups, over the decades, of heavy metals. The removal of these metals may allow restoration of normal neurological function. I certainly hope that this is not wishful thinking. Time will tell. So far I am surprised at what is happening. When I started this I had no idea that it might affect the achalasia. I was just doing a detox experiment.

The patches show no reduction in the darkness of color when I remove them in the mornings. The accompanying literature indicates that as the system clears, the patches should gradually become lighter in color when removed.

Hi Rabelais,
I have been using footsies (that's what we call them here) for about 6 months now. I first heard about them over in Indonesia and managed to find them here as well.

I think they're great but still not sure how toxins in the brain can come out through the feet? I guess they are carried by blood vessels all around the body...

They have done their own research(hair analysis) here:

_http://www.footsies.com.au/footsies/research/

Showing what appears to be a significant reduction in mercury levels as well as other heavy metals.

Regards,
Jeff.

JP said:
I think they're great but still not sure how toxins in the brain can come out through the feet? I guess they are carried by blood vessels all around the body...
Hi Jeff... I have no idea of the physiological nuts and bolts involved in the pulling metals from the body with these foot pads. There was one site that made what I consider an apples to oranges analogy. It stated that if you cut open a clove of garlic and rub it on the soles of your feet, in a minute or two you will taste the garlic in your mouth. Whether this is via the blood stream, or some other mechanism, I do not know, but it is an observable and repeatable phenomena.

Then there is the study of reflexology, wherein it is stated that every organ and system of the body has corresponding neurological points on the soles of our feet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflexology
http://www.reflexology.org/

I have only my personal experience to draw from. From that I conclude that the pads that I am using are doing something to improve a rather troublesome condition. What or how this is happening, I have no knowledge to explain. Whether this improvement is related to something "other" in my environment, and not to the pads, I do not know. If it is something "other", it is far too subtle for my level of sensory perception to detect. We may be dealing with something as obvious as gravity.

Q: (RS) Is the gravity experienced by an anti-particle in the
field of matter attractive or repulsive?
A: Repulsive when thought of in the way that is parallel to
your studies, but, as we alluded to in the previous answer,
there are more realms involved besides the one with which
you are most familiar.
I know that I am grateful that something has allowed me to put off a meeting with the allopathic scalpels. I can only hope that these circumstances will persist.

Rabelais said:
After five night's applications, I noticed that 75-80% of my achalasia symptoms had vanished. This morning I postponed my January 4 hospital pre-surgery diagnostic visit for 30 days to fully evaluate what is happening with these foot patches. It is possible that I have stumbled not only onto a cure, but also the primary causal factor for this condition. I remain guardedly optimistic at this point.

My working hypothesis is that an otherwise spinally correct neurological circuitry can be shorted out by build ups, over the decades, of heavy metals. The removal of these metals may allow restoration of normal neurological function. I certainly hope that this is not wishful thinking. Time will tell. So far I am surprised at what is happening. When I started this I had no idea that it might affect the achalasia. I was just doing a detox experiment.

The patches show no reduction in the darkness of color when I remove them in the mornings. The accompanying literature indicates that as the system clears, the patches should gradually become lighter in color when removed.
Thanks for the update - Your results are very impressive, sure looks like these pads have worked tremendously well for you. I wonder if I perhaps stopped using the pads too soon, as I didn't notice any reduction in the color of the pads in the morning over about 3 weeks.

Rabelais said:
Hi,

Thanks for the info Rabelais, i realize now what i did wrong ;) i've bought a box of footsies myself once, after i saw them at the health food store and heard the owner say how great they are. The box contained footsies for 5 days, and it cost 37 euro, but it did not say anything in instructions or on box about using until the color gets lighter of what i remember. So i was expecting to feel a difference in 5 days, which i didn't, and was disappointed . Now i realize a LOT more footsies would be required.

I remember waking up and removing the footsies feeling "Hey, i just went to sleep and all this dark stuff came out of me!" :)

Irini

Back
Top Bottom