Diagnosis schizophrenia

Alchemist

A Disturbance in the Force
Hallo,
ich soll von meiner Frau ein Anliegen weitergeben.
Im Sommer 2017 ist sie an Schizophrenie erkrankt. Es ist eine Stoffwechselstörung des Gehirns, und genauer genommen eine Nervenkrankheit. Die Symptome sind unter anderem schwere Halluzinationen. Sie hat ein Buch über ihre Krankheit geschrieben. Wir sehen jetzt den Zusammenhang zwischen den paranormalen Erlebnissen in der Jugend und der Schizophrenie-Erkrankung im Jahr 2017. Der Psychiater meinte, dass sie die klassische Schizophrenie ab der Jugend aufweist.
Im Februar 2021 hat meine Frau von der orthomolekularen Medizin gehört. Abram Hoffer hat damit Schizophrenie an vielen Patienten geheilt (siehe das Buch "Healing schizophrenia"). Die Nahrungsergänzungen kosten monatlich ca. 150-200 €. Die finanziellen Mitteln hat meine Frau dafür nicht.
In dem Buch "Dreissig Jahre unter den Toten" von Carl Wickland hat meine Frau gelesen, dass Geister an die Aura von sensitiven/medialen Menschen anhaften können und so Geisteskrankheiten verursachen. Carl Wickland konnte mit Elektroschocks an den Patienten die Geister wieder ablösen. Das wird heutzutage aber nicht mehr von Psychiatern gemacht. Daher möchte meine Frau stattdessen die Schizophrenie mit Reiki behandeln.
-----------------------------
------------------------------
Hello,
I should pass on a concern from my wife.
In the summer of 2017 she developed schizophrenia. It is a metabolic disorder of the brain, and more precisely a nerve disease. The symptoms include severe hallucinations. She wrote a book about her disease. We can now see the connection between paranormal experiences in adolescence and schizophrenia in 2017. The psychatrist said that she shows classic schizophrenia from adolescence.
In February 2021 my wife heard about orthomolecular medicine. Abram Hoffer has cured schizophrenia in many patients with it (see the book "Healing schizophrenia"). The food supplements cost around 150-200 euros a month. My wife dosent`t have the financial means.
In the book "Thirty Years among the Dead" by Carl Wickland my wife read that ghosts can cling to the aura of sensitive/medial people and thus cause mental illness. Car Wickland could loosen the ghosts with electric shocks on the patient. But that is no longer done by psychatrists these days. Therefore my wife would like to treat schizophrenia with Reiki instead.

Hi Alchemist,

I'm really sorry to read what you both have gone through. As I know this electrotherapy should be still available in Germany, though it has other reasons when it is given. Do you and your wife get social support from the state, i.e. ambulant visits from Social workers (Ambulant assisted living)? Is she in therapy (psychologically, psychiatry)? Going to work (workshop, able to work according to the pension fund)? And how is she doing anyways?

Hallo Alchemist,

es tut mir sehr leid zu lesen, was du und deine Frau durchmachen müssen. So weit ich weiß, gibt es diese Elektrotherapie in Deutschland noch, jedoch hat sie andere Bewandnisse und Hintergründe, warum sie angewendet wird. Bekommt ihr/deine Frau soziale Unterstützung vom Staat (ambulant betreutes Wohnen, Sozialpsychiatrischer Dienst etc.?). Ist deine Frau in Therapie (psychologisch, psychiatrisch), kann sie noch arbeiten (Arbeitsplatz auf dem ersten Arbeitsmarkt), oder ist sie nach den Definitionen der Rentenversicherung voll erwerbsgemindert (Werkstatt für Behinderte, inklusiver Arbeitsplatz)? Und wie geht es ihr generell (z. B. hört sie Stimmen)?

Fellow schizophrenic here.

Man that's a tough situation to deal with, you have my heartfelt sympathies. I've been hearing voices and seeing weird things since 2004, amazing to think it's been 17 years. The first 3 years were the worst, I felt like a ragdoll being animated by external forces near constantly. However I had defences too. I always kept a notebook beside me, and wrote a lot about what I was going through. I also drew and painted throughout this period. It was a sense of catharsis I was looking for, a pure emotional release of the fear and tension that had built up. Art therapy, I cannot recommend it enough. Even if you think it's pointless, it's of inestimable worth looking back.

I take daily medication, Olanzapine 15mg. The effect is rather similar to valium, just has a relaxing effect. I take it 1hr before bed every night, have done for over half a decade. I took other meds in the years before that, but they didn't work so well. I don't presume to know what the mental manifestations and causes are with your wife, but I only offer my sympathy/empathy and offer feedback on what options are out there for treatment. Life is still possible despite mental illness. Read the thread I created on "Karmic and Simple Understandings" on the forum if you want any tips on how I found my way back from schizophrenia and found hope in a seemingly hopeless situation.

Also if you have any questions, I would be more than happy to share my own ideas about how to proceed. Diet and intake may be an area to look at too. Bacon is something that stands out, eat it at least a few days a week I'd say. And I probably don't need to say anything about tobacco, a regular smoke is amazing stress relief.

Mental illness can be a fresh opportunity to truly re-appraise a person's life. After years of suffering, I began to find my way back. There's always hope if the soul is willing to learn things that weren't assumed before. Take care. :flowers:

Hallo Gawan,
Nein, wir bekommen keine soziale Unterstützung vom Staat. In Deutschland ist das sehr schwer, was zu bekommen.
Meine Frau ist seit 2017 in Behandlung von Psychiatern, wo sie das verschreibungspflichtige Olanzapin bekommt.
Ein Psychiater von ihr sagte, sie solle nicht Vollzeit arbeiten gehen. Das Arbeitsamt ist aber der Meinung, dass meine Frau acht Stunden pro Tag leichte Arbeit machen kann. Das ist irgendwie widersprüchlich.
meine Frau hat vor kurzem 20% Behinderungsgrad auf unbefristete Zeit bekommen. Sie hatte eine Teilzeitstelle, die sie im Dezember 2020 aber verloren hatte.
Ihr geht es ok, wenn sie das Olanzapin täglich einnimmt. Die Nebenwirkung davon ist aber starkes Übergewicht und Unfruchtbarkeit. Deswegen hat unsere Tochter noch kein Geschwisterchen. Aber auch die Konzentration fällt durch das Medikament schwerer. Seit zwei Monaten nehme hochdosiertes Niaciamid, wodurch ich mich wieder besser aufs Bücherlesen konzentrieren kann.

Hello Gawan,
no, we don`t get any social support from the state. In germany it is very difficult to get something.
My wife has been receiving treatment from psychiatrist since 2017, where is given the prescription olanzapine.
One of her psychatrists told her not to work full time. But the employment office is of the opinion that my wife can do light work eight hours a day. That`s kind of contradicting itself.
My wife recently got 20% disability for an indefinite period. She had a part-time position which she lost in December 2020.
She is okay if she takes the olanzapine daily. The side effect of this, however, is severe obesity and infertility. That`s why our daughter doesen`t have a sibling yet. But the medicament also makes it harder to concentrate. I have been taking high-dose niciamide for two months, which means that I can concentrate better on reading books again.

Meine Frau schreibt über meinen account, daher bezieht sich der letzte satz auch auf sie

My wife writes on my account, the last sentence alo refers to her

Hallo,
ich soll von meiner Frau ein Anliegen weitergeben.
Im Sommer 2017 ist sie an Schizophrenie erkrankt. Es ist eine Stoffwechselstörung des Gehirns, und genauer genommen eine Nervenkrankheit. Die Symptome sind unter anderem schwere Halluzinationen. Sie hat ein Buch über ihre Krankheit geschrieben. Wir sehen jetzt den Zusammenhang zwischen den paranormalen Erlebnissen in der Jugend und der Schizophrenie-Erkrankung im Jahr 2017. Der Psychiater meinte, dass sie die klassische Schizophrenie ab der Jugend aufweist.
Im Februar 2021 hat meine Frau von der orthomolekularen Medizin gehört. Abram Hoffer hat damit Schizophrenie an vielen Patienten geheilt (siehe das Buch "Healing schizophrenia"). Die Nahrungsergänzungen kosten monatlich ca. 150-200 €. Die finanziellen Mitteln hat meine Frau dafür nicht.
In dem Buch "Dreissig Jahre unter den Toten" von Carl Wickland hat meine Frau gelesen, dass Geister an die Aura von sensitiven/medialen Menschen anhaften können und so Geisteskrankheiten verursachen. Carl Wickland konnte mit Elektroschocks an den Patienten die Geister wieder ablösen. Das wird heutzutage aber nicht mehr von Psychiatern gemacht. Daher möchte meine Frau stattdessen die Schizophrenie mit Reiki behandeln.
-----------------------------
------------------------------
Hello,
I should pass on a concern from my wife.
In the summer of 2017 she developed schizophrenia. It is a metabolic disorder of the brain, and more precisely a nerve disease. The symptoms include severe hallucinations. She wrote a book about her disease. We can now see the connection between paranormal experiences in adolescence and schizophrenia in 2017. The psychatrist said that she shows classic schizophrenia from adolescence.
In February 2021 my wife heard about orthomolecular medicine. Abram Hoffer has cured schizophrenia in many patients with it (see the book "Healing schizophrenia"). The food supplements cost around 150-200 euros a month. My wife dosent`t have the financial means.
In the book "Thirty Years among the Dead" by Carl Wickland my wife read that ghosts can cling to the aura of sensitive/medial people and thus cause mental illness. Car Wickland could loosen the ghosts with electric shocks on the patient. But that is no longer done by psychatrists these days. Therefore my wife would like to treat schizophrenia with Reiki instead.
So sorry to hear about your wife, @Alchemist. If you do a search "food allergies and schizophrenia" you can get a good idea as to what she might try diet wise. Certainly avoiding wheat and gluten would be on the top of that list. I'd also try doing a search: "diet and schizophrenia."

As for supplements, and Dr. Hoffer, it's a pity you cannot take that route.

I used to know someone with chronic illness who spent a lot of time online researching different kinds of grants to help her cope financially until she could get on government disability -- something that took years. As for the grants, she did quite well with that, and I've always remembered her resourcefulness.

With that in mind, there may be religious organizations and or/other organizations, like non-profit organizations that may be able to help you get the funds you need. Since the German government seems like a dead end, try private grants. It might take some time, but if you follow every lead you might just come up with something. Also, sometimes just getting the word out there leads to surprising connections.

Ideally, you would find a way to talk to people on the phone who might have their own ideas and connections that you could pursue. Just keep plugging away. Don't give up. Very often people really want to help, it's just a matter of finding those individuals, and not getting discouraged. The more you search, the more new "search" ideas may occur to you. Sometimes it's phrasing your online search in just the right way to connect to the help you are seeking.

Sorry I can't be more specific. It's just an idea that cropped up in my mind as I was thinking of your situation.

I was just thinking... what if you went to local churches, and spoke with people directly. I don't believe people would want to turn you away without trying to help, or connect you with resources. It is a tricky thing. People automatically think that pharmaceutical drugs are the answer. You are asking for help with budgeting for a holistic approach including diet and supplements. It's more of a private grant, then, that you are looking for. That's why I was thinking of actually talking with individuals who might have their own ideas on the matter.

Online, there's also crowdsourcing, of course. Something people are even using for funeral expenses. Personally, I don't know much about it, or whether your particular circumstance could benefit from that approach.

Last edited:
I had full blown schizophrenia a few years back complete with both auditory and visual hallucinations. I was on meds for a bit but they can only take you so far. Looking back on it, it was the constant battle of not giving any energy to these entities and the strength that comes by doing that which is the silver lining. Of course, at that time, I could not see the light at the end of the tunnel. At some point, I told myself that if all I see is darkness in the moment, I'll be the one to hold the light within. I owe my recovery to the Work, forum members, and my family who was there for me even though they couldn't understand what I was going through.

I'd like to echo the others here and say that diet makes a huge difference in keeping the physical machinery balanced, giving the mind less load in dealing with her schizophrenia. We have a keto thread if you'd like to peruse it. Limiting carbs is the main part. It's harder for those with the disease to get some sunlight, so perhaps if it's the case with your wife, vitamin D can help with the deficiency.

If the problem is hearing voices, it is established that waveforms even touching the skin can propagate to and be deciphered by the brain as auditory signals. This is known as the Frey effect, or microwave hearing effect.

In my opinion this schizophrenia these days is a cottage industry. Modern technology problem. Medication/psych. care solution?

I do second the advice to explore ECT (electroconvulsive therapy) and diet modification, and encourage you to do what you can with regards to orthomolecular medicine.

Your picture is funny looking. Assuming this isn't a baited hook I've bit onto, I wish your wife well.

Hello SlipNet,
my wife had also painted in the day clinic at the beginning. There you learn occupational therapy. She is currently taking 10mg olanzapine. She had also tried Abilify and Quetiapine, but it didn't work. My wife had been on the Paleo diet years before the schizophrenia outbreak.
----
Hello Heather,
my wife had started a fundraiser. Everything is also translated in English:

----
Hello pecha,
my wife also has acustic and visual hallucinations if she does not take the olanzapine or if it is too low a dose. It is as if she is drifting into a parallel world that revolves a lot about death and violance. Then she is particularly afraid for our daughter.
In the book "Besser Leben mit Schizophrenie" (Better living with schizophrenia) by Philipp Drescher it is stated that schizophrenia can emerge trough Kundalini Yoga. My wife had done exercises on the chakras as a teenager and shortly afterwards the paranormal experiences began with her. We think it runs in the family. Four of the six children (five siblings of my wife) developed schizophrenia.
-----
Hello Resistense,
my wife had listened to 3rd eye activation music very itensely before her schizophrenia outbreak:
But the doctors can't say anything about it.

Hello again Alchemist,

Here's a link to a thread in Psychology & Cognitive Science > titled, "Schizophrenia".
Here it should be translated into German: Psychologie & Kognitionswissenschaft > betitelt, "Schizophrenie". via Google Translate.

To try to summarize, and paraphrase, some of the information from studies that Laura and Gaby go into there:
We found that the schizophrenic patients had a significantly higher rate of positive IgG antibodies to infectious agents as compared to the normal controls. Especially, antibodies to T. gondii and C. trachomatis were overrepresented in schizophrenic patients. This finding suggests that T. gondii and C. trachomatis infections are associated with schizophrenia.

Fellerhoff et al.,13) treated patients with schizophrenia and other mental disorders with evidence of infection by using adoptive immunotherapy and antibiotics, but no antipsychotics. The improvement in the status of the patients was mainly related with regain of energy and volition, improvement of social withdrawal, which are main components of negative symptom. Based on these findings, we cautiously suggest the relation between negative symptoms and 'disturbance of volition' with infectious agent.

So, there is strong evidence that there is an infectious component to schizophrenic mental illness. There is an unexplained correlation between the time of birth during the year (favoring winter and early spring) and future schizophrenic illness -- it is postulated that certain infections affect the infant, or even the fetus while still with the mother, at higher rates during these times.

This hypothesis was explored, and it was found that certain retroviruses encoded into human DNA, along with certain infectious disease exposures (especially toxoplasmosis, Chlamydia spp., incl. psittaci; also borellia (lyme), bartonella, babesia, et. al.) correlate strongly with schizophrenic illness. People who have had exposure to these infectious diseases seem to have a tendency to then allow expression of the normally silenced retrovirus' genes, causing inflammation, brain dysfunction, and disability.

Minocycline or doxycycline (which are tetracyclines) are mentioned as beneficial in controlling negative symptoms, as they are able to control or knock back some of these chronic infections; this treating the infection is thought to reduce the symptoms of the mental condition. This seemed to only be effective while antibiotic therapy with tetracyclines continued, but the infectious disease contribution seems significant. Artemisinin or antimalarials (that treat intracellular infections like c. psittaci or babesia?) are also mentioned.

From a quick search, here's a link to a clinic in Germany that deals with tick-borne infectious disease treatment:
About BCA Clinic -- Augsburg, Germany , "Located in Augsburg, Germany, the BCA-Clinic is focused on helping patients identify any tick-borne illness or co-infections one may be exposed too, and then developing personalized integrative treatment protocols to address those infections head on." The German page has got to be out there somewhere. If you could gather medical studies or literature supporting this hypothesis and get it to your doctor, perhaps they could arrange for diagnostic testing of this kind? Good luck. And again I think orthomolecular support for the condition and being wary of diet could help, too. It likely is, in some respects, "...a metabolic disorder of the brain...", as you claim, but why?

--------------------------------------------
translate.google.com:

Hallo nochmal Alchemist,

Hier ist ein Link zu einem Thread in Psychology & Cognitive Science > titled, "Schizophrenia.

Hier sollte es ins Deutsche übersetzt werden: Psychologie & Kognitionswissenschaft > betitelt, "Schizophrenie". über Google Translate.

Um zu versuchen, einige der Informationen aus Studien, die Laura und Gaby dort untersuchen, zusammenzufassen und zu paraphrasieren:

Gaby at: Schizophrenia:
Wir fanden heraus, dass die schizophrenen Patienten im Vergleich zu den normalen Kontrollen eine signifikant höhere Rate an positiven IgG-Antikörpern gegen Infektionserreger aufwiesen. Insbesondere Antikörper gegen T. gondii und C. trachomatis waren bei schizophrenen Patienten überrepräsentiert. Dieser Befund legt nahe, dass Infektionen mit T. gondii und C. trachomatis mit Schizophrenie assoziiert sind.

Gaby at: Schizophrenia:
Fellerhoff et al., 13) behandelten Patienten mit Schizophrenie und anderen psychischen Störungen mit Anzeichen einer Infektion unter Verwendung einer adoptiven Immuntherapie und Antibiotika, Aber keine Antipsychotika. Die Verbesserung des Status der Patienten war hauptsächlich auf die Wiedererlangung von Energie und Willenskraft sowie auf die Verbesserung des sozialen Rückzugs zurückzuführen, die Hauptbestandteile des negativen Symptoms sind. Basierend auf diesen Befunden schlagen wir vorsichtig den Zusammenhang zwischen negativen Symptomen und "Willensstörung" mit dem Infektionserreger vor.

Es gibt also starke Hinweise darauf, dass schizophrene psychische Erkrankungen eine infektiöse Komponente haben. Es gibt eine ungeklärte Korrelation zwischen dem Zeitpunkt der Geburt während des Jahres (zugunsten des Winters und des frühen Frühlings) und der zukünftigen schizophrenen Krankheit - es wird postuliert, dass bestimmte Infektionen das Kind oder sogar den Fötus betreffen, während sie noch mit der Mutter zusammen sind, während sie häufiger sind diese Zeiten.

Diese Hypothese wurde untersucht und es wurde festgestellt, dass bestimmte Retroviren, die in die menschliche DNA kodiert sind, zusammen mit bestimmten Expositionen gegenüber Infektionskrankheiten (insbesondere Toxoplasmose, Chlamydia spp., psittaci; auch Borellia (Lyme), Bartonella, Babesia et al.) Stark mit schizophrenen Erkrankungen korrelieren . Menschen, die diesen Infektionskrankheiten ausgesetzt waren, scheinen die Tendenz zu haben, die Expression der normalerweise zum Schweigen gebrachten Retrovirus-Gene zuzulassen, was zu Entzündungen, Funktionsstörungen des Gehirns und Behinderungen führt.

Minocyclin oder Doxycyclin (Tetracycline) werden als vorteilhaft für die Kontrolle negativer Symptome genannt, da sie einige dieser chronischen Infektionen kontrollieren oder zurückschlagen können. Es wird angenommen, dass diese Behandlung der Infektion die Symptome des psychischen Zustands verringert. Dies schien nur dann wirksam zu sein, wenn die Antibiotikatherapie mit Tetracyclinen fortgesetzt wurde, aber der Beitrag der Infektionskrankheit scheint signifikant zu sein. Artemisinin oder Malariamittel (die intrazelluläre Infektionen wie c. Psittaci oder Babesie behandeln?) Werden ebenfalls erwähnt.

Nur eine kurze Suche, aber hier ist ein Link zu einer Klinik in Deutschland, die sich mit der Behandlung von durch Zecken übertragenen Infektionskrankheiten befasst:
Über die BCA-Klinik - Augsburg, Deutschland "Die BCA-Klinik in Augsburg, Deutschland, konzentriert sich darauf, Patienten bei der Identifizierung von durch Zecken übertragenen Krankheiten oder Koinfektionen zu helfen, die möglicherweise ebenfalls exponiert sind, und anschließend personalisierte integrative Behandlungsprotokolle zu entwickeln diese Infektionen treten auf. " Die deutsche Seite muss irgendwo da draußen sein. Wenn Sie medizinische Studien oder Literatur sammeln könnten, die diese Hypothese stützen, und sie zu Ihrem Arzt bringen könnten, könnten sie vielleicht solche diagnostischen Tests veranlassen? Viel Glück. Und wieder denke ich, dass orthomolekulare Unterstützung für den Zustand und Vorsicht bei der Ernährung auch helfen könnte. In mancher Hinsicht handelt es sich wahrscheinlich um "... eine Stoffwechselstörung des Gehirns ...", wie Sie behaupten, aber warum?

Back
Top Bottom