Dog Adopts Piglet

Samuel

Jedi
Someone sent this story to me as an email. I finally found the website with the original story. So, as most of you here are fond of our 2D creatures, you'll love this, and I'm sure that you'll shed a happy tear as you read and look at the pictures.
:)
~http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1210909/Abandoned-piglet-lost-hound-Giant-farm-dog-saves-baby-pigs-bacon-adopting-own.html

How very wonderful. It is so refreshing to hear how animals take in those that are different from them, when so many humans are being brainwashed into hating those who are different from themselves. :(

Thank you for the story, Smauel. Very touching.

Very sweet!! Thank you for sharing.

Quite interesting:

article said:
"Days later she started lactating again and giving milk for the piggy. [..]

Could she decide for herself when she wants to be lactating? Maybe along with the chemical reactions and hormones going on in her body.

Oxajil said:
Very sweet!! Thank you for sharing.

Quite interesting:

article said:

Could she decide for herself when she wants to be lactating? Maybe along with the chemical reactions and hormones going on in her body.

Funny you should mention that, I was just thinking about that same sentence: It is so interesting to see the "miraculous" physical changes a living being can experience caused by an emotional state.

Thank you for sharing Samuel, it was heartwarming!

Oxajil said:
article said:

In a way, some dogs can. Some females who have never even been pregnant will start to lactate around another dog's pups. It's an old pack instinct kinda thing where several females in the pack might start to lactate when only one actually has puppies....and they share mommy duty.

The fact that she started lactating for a piglet is amazing... and adorable :)

Thanks for posting the link!

Guardian said:
In a way, some dogs can. Some females who have never even been pregnant will start to lactate around another dog's pups. It's an old pack instinct kinda thing where several females in the pack might start to lactate when only one actually has puppies....and they share mommy duty.

Interesting. Perhaps it is similar to human females who spend time with each other or part of the same family/house and have a period at the same time (plus minus a day or two). Maybe it is related to resonance in addition to hormones. Hormones that are influenced by resonance.

Keit said:
Interesting. Perhaps it is similar to human females who spend time with each other or part of the same family/house and have a period at the same time (plus minus a day or two). Maybe it is related to resonance in addition to hormones. Hormones that are influenced by resonance.

Yup...and I know one vet who in convinced it has something to do with pheromones that baby animals give off.

She had a female with pups in a pen, and a female who had never had pups (and wasn't pregnant) in the cage right beside it started lactating, even though she never had any physical contact with the nursing mother or pups.

Guardian said:
Keit said:

Yup...and I know one vet who in convinced it has something to do with pheromones that baby animals give off.

She had a female with pups in a pen, and a female who had never had pups (and wasn't pregnant) in the cage right beside it started lactating, even though she never had any physical contact with the nursing mother or pups.

Good info. I will be sure to not hold any babies so I don't spontaneously become a milker... :P

April said:
Guardian said:
Keit said:

Good info. I will be sure to not hold any babies so I don't spontaneously become a milker... :P

I got a good little chuckle out of that! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom