Dogs sniffing inner wrist

Z...

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I am just curious if anyone else has noticed the same thing...
For a long time now I noticed that both of my dogs if I am petting them or interacting with them always act as they "picked up a scent" on my inner wrist ( sometimes left sometimes right) - they go into sniffing fit and sometimes even poking my wrist with their paw.

At first I use to think something may be wrong with my health and they picking it up, but than I heard few other people mentioning the same thing so I wonder how common is this behavior.
And what do they smell?
My theory is our body chemistry "signature scent" which is emitted strongest from the inner arm because of the superficial big veins? Any thoughts or experiences welcome.

Reactions: Joe
I'm not sure either but I have heard of a dog that was able to "smell" or sense the cancer of their owner in their kidney I believe it was. They owner got an x-ray and actually found the cancer there.

Wether it's smell or maybe the dog's psychic senses I'm not sure.

Z said:
My theory is our body chemistry "signature scent" which is emitted strongest from the inner arm because of the superficial big veins? Any thoughts or experiences welcome.

Well, it is one of the "pulse points" to put fragrance on, because the generated body heat from the pulsating vesels facilitates fragrance distribution. So maybe in general it is a good spot for emination of the natural "chemical signature". :)

Dogs need to be trained in order to be able to recognize any form of cancer so it have to be an accident

Hi @AlexCarette

Welcome to our forum. :)

We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, how they found the cass material, and how much of the work here they have read.

You can have a look through that board to see how others have done it.

Back
Top Bottom