Doing the dishes is beneficial for the stress

There are several interesting issues in this.

First, I believe that if a person does not have a certain degree of inclination to serve others, washing dishes will not relax him in any case.

Thus, by doing so you are helping another and also you keep your mind occupied on one level (washing the dishes and doing it well) and on another level the mind can relax, wander, meditate.

The effective action of serving another is always positive for many.

There are several interesting issues in this.

First, I believe that if a person does not have a certain degree of inclination to serve others, washing dishes will not relax him in any case.

Thus, by doing so you are helping another and also you keep your mind occupied on one level (washing the dishes and doing it well) and on another level the mind can relax, wander, meditate.

The effective action of serving another is always positive for many.
Washing dishes can also be STS because it makes us feel good. If a person lives alone then it any cleaning will simply be for maintenance. I think it’s most likely a neutral action unless you are intentionally washing them so someone else doesn’t have to because they’re too tired or busy or whatever.

All of here probably wouldn’t benefit from the STO aspect because we enjoy it too much and anticipate an outcome of feel good cleanliness

Washing dishes can also be STS because it makes us feel good. If a person lives alone then it any cleaning will simply be for maintenance. I think it’s most likely a neutral action unless you are intentionally washing them so someone else doesn’t have to because they’re too tired or busy or whatever.

All of here probably wouldn’t benefit from the STO aspect because we enjoy it too much and anticipate an outcome of feel good cleanliness
Maybe you're right.

I've never washed a plate, a piece of cutlery and a glass just for myself, so I can't really give an opinion.:-D

Back
Top Bottom