Dream I Could Fly

Kessy

The Force is Strong With This One
When I was a kid, I used to think I could fly because I always had dreams that I could. I knew how. All you had to do was push off from the ground like you would from the bottom of a swimming pool, and then kind of float/swim in the air - kind of like watching someone who is proficient in flying in a vertical air tunnel. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dqa6p-deDY ) I used to love those dreams and the ability to do that. Anyone else experience that?

I have heard a lot about people who could do that, but I never could. In some dreams when I do fly, it usually is such a mind boggler for me even in the dream that I wake up right away. Like I start to fly, and think wait a minute.. you can't fly in real life... this MUST be a dream! And I wake up. Though sometimes I've had really vivid dreams about falling... like endless falling and sometimes I wake up thinking I'm falling so I'm screaming and holding on to the matress...weird stuff lol :P

Kessy said:
When I was a kid, I used to think I could fly because I always had dreams that I could. I knew how. All you had to do was push off from the ground like you would from the bottom of a swimming pool, and then kind of float/swim in the air - kind of like watching someone who is proficient in flying in a vertical air tunnel. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dqa6p-deDY ) I used to love those dreams and the ability to do that. Anyone else experience that?

Yes, i had those dreams quite often and even during my adult life.

:) Yes. Amazing experiences aren't they? Although my experiences have been a little bit different. I've had experiences where I'm not sure they were dreams, but felt more like an OBE or perhaps Lucid Dreams.

In these experiences it wasn't as easy to just push off of the ground but more so something I had to do with conscious effort on my part. Usually whenever I would enter this altered state of mind where I was able to fly, 'flying' was always an intent of mine. Couldn't resist :)

I experimented a little bit with flying whenever I would have an altered state of mind experience. I found that with sufficient intent I was able to consciously control the degree of lift or speed I was capable of achieving. I found that the more focused my intent, the longer I remained off the ground or faster I went. When I would loose concentration I would begin to descend or slow down. It was all controlled by mind.

These altered states of mind also allowed me to walk through walls and other solid objects. While the environment around me was most certainly physical it was also at the same time....fluid and manipulatable <---(Spell Check?)

The C's have mentioned 4th density physicality being 'variable' and while I don't think I was in 4th density, I think I might had a glimpse of what it 'might' be like if it does exist. Some of these experiences I think were OBE's as the external world I found myself in correlated with the world when I was not in one of these experiences. I would witness things in these altered states and then when I would return to my body consciousness I was able to verify those events afterward. As for everything else, just very lucid dreams.

Like I said though that feeling of 'flying' is amazing. :)

Kessy said:

Well, I fly quite often in my dreams, and I don't think they're 'special dreams' or 'lucid dreams' or 'obes'. I just fly a lot! It's quite fun and seems quite natural and has gotten me out of many a dream 'jam'. I can control the rate of speed and the degree of ascent with my forearms and concentration.

Sometimes I just hover over others who I know, who are talking together, and that way I'm a part of what's going on even though in real life they're very far away. Sometimes, I have to maneuver over buildings and obstacles to get away from something or to reach something. Sometimes I just lift off to get high up in the air and look around. I really enjoy it - and, personally, I think this whole gravity thing on Earth that keeps us trapped on the ground is really unfortunate! ;) (yes, I'm kidding - I know they're just dreams... though.... ) ;D

I've had many dreams like that and some were lucid. I can't remember any recently though.

Most of the time when I am "flying" it is more like I am underwater but there is no water. I remember one being in high school and I was flying parallel to the ground and speeding through the hallways by continually grabbing the floor and pushing it behind me. I would fly past the people walking but I always thought that it felt like being in a swimming pool and pushing yourself along the bottom.

Also I have had dreams where I can jump really high like maybe 30 feet up to the tree tops. I remember being in control of this in my front yard and jumping off my roof and jumping on trees.

It feels like it is so easy in those dreams. ;)

I, too, am a fellow flier in my dreams. My most recent was a month or so ago. I was in San Francisco (circa 1930's) and with some friends that I knew but didn't know (y'know? :)) Anyway, we had to go somewhere fairly far away and they all wanted to drive - I wanted to fly and was really bummed that they insisted on driving. As we drove, I could see others flying above the freeway...So...I had my friends drop me off and I waved a cheerful goodbye and zoomed up onto the fliers 'freeway in the sky'.

Seems I flew more in my younger days, but I still do every month or so now. I love to fly! :love:

I too have been a floater as far back as I can remember. When I was a kid I remember dreams where I would float from the bedroom down the stairs then back up, and also float up out of the house about 50ft high and look around in the dark in the middle of the night.

When I dream of floating now it always seems to be a conscious effort and I can never get above about head height, and travelling along slightly faster than walking pace.

I more or less thought it might be some sort of subconscious escapism due to being an introvert.
I’m amazed to find out I’m not the only one to have these dreams.

Peam said:
I too have been a floater as far back as I can remember. When I was a kid I remember dreams where I would float from the bedroom down the stairs then back up, and also float up out of the house about 50ft high and look around in the dark in the middle of the night.

When I dream of floating now it always seems to be a conscious effort and I can never get above about head height, and travelling along slightly faster than walking pace.

I more or less thought it might be some sort of subconscious escapism due to being an introvert.
I’m amazed to find out I’m not the only one to have these dreams.

Interesting....had identical things happen to me as a kid (floating down the stairs, usually just after falling asleep it seems).
Very similar in that most of my flying was always close to the ground.....I tend to float a few fee off the ground. Most of these dreams happened when I was a kid, but I still get them now....more so with the E-E program and better diet.
I always felt that the height was linked to my 'energy level'...and definitely concentration....and if I felt weak/dispairing I'd sink/stop floating.

I actually had a few dreams where someone taught me the dynamics of flying :lol: fwiw you had to send energy out of your hands/feet and bounce it off something and let it return...and you could gain height/speed with that

Masamune said:
I've had many dreams like that and some were lucid. I can't remember any recently though.

Most of the time when I am "flying" it is more like I am underwater but there is no water. I remember one being in high school and I was flying parallel to the ground and speeding through the hallways by continually grabbing the floor and pushing it behind me. I would fly past the people walking but I always thought that it felt like being in a swimming pool and pushing yourself along the bottom.

Also I have had dreams where I can jump really high like maybe 30 feet up to the tree tops. I remember being in control of this in my front yard and jumping off my roof and jumping on trees.

It feels like it is so easy in those dreams. ;)

Yeah, I do this way more than flying now....I can scale a building in seconds, jump tree to tree and run super fast :P

I have had one or two dreams that where breath taking though...normally I can't gain much height but these dreams I was a dragon (or transformed into one)...cruising at a couple of thousand feet over lakes/mountains with a sunset on the horizon feeling the wind whip past me (but not cold) and stars coming out...that was awe inspiring.
Or flapping my wings, warping spaces and traveling hundreds of miles at a times.
These where before sott and I always worried about the symbology of that.....another archetype I was attached to for a while.

Then of course there's the teleporting, walking through walls, telekinesis and personal energy shielding. :rolleyes: I dream too much....

Wow! This is fascinating! Thanks for sharing everyone. :D

Mine is closest to Masamune’s experience, that pushing off from the ground and swimming in the air feeling. Like the others I too learned how to control it through body movements, even very slight ones. It seemed a matter of just DOing it. I remember being out in the front yard/street and going up above the tree tops to just enjoy it, play around with the movements and look around.

These kinds of dreams stayed pretty much with my childhood and I miss them a lot, but I do recall having a couple again in the past few years, only I haven’t been able to reach the same kind of “mastery” that I had with it when I was a kid. I remember in the more recent dreams trying to re-learn it and only getting a few feet off the ground, but being quite exhilarated just by that achievement. The ability seemed to be related to the consciousness somehow, like you have to be able to think a certain way in order to do it – which makes perfect sense being on this learning journey.

For some reason this reminds me of The Logical Song by Supertramp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBAasek8NR4

Lyrics:
When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful,
A miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical.
And all the birds in the trees, well they’d be singing so happily,
Joyfully, playfully watching me.
But then they sent me away to teach me how to be sensible,
Logical, responsible, practical.
And they showed me a world where I could be so dependable,
Clinical, intellectual, cynical.

There are times when all the world’s asleep,
The questions run too deep
For such a simple man.
Won’t you please, please tell me what we’ve learned
I know it sounds absurd
But please tell me who I am.

Now watch what you say or they’ll be calling you a radical,
Liberal, fanatical, criminal.
Wont you sign up your name, we’d like to feel you’re
Acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable!

At night, when all the world’s asleep,
The questions run so deep
For such a simple man.
Won’t you please, please tell me what we’ve learned
I know it sounds absurd
But please tell me who I am.

It feels like I was closer to something real back then before getting entrenched in the program. Now I’m just trying to learn how to fly again with you all. :)

Douglas Adams called flying "learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss".

I also seem to have progressed from a "swimming" style of flying to a more subtle control. I haven't been aware of any need to 'bounce' energy off anything, but it does often seem to be the case (in very life-like dreams) that the height I reach is limited - a few meters is easy, but going much higher than a house becomes more difficult.

RedFox said:
I always felt that the height was linked to my 'energy level'...and definitely concentration....and if I felt weak/dispairing I'd sink/stop floating.
Yes, flying definitely needs confidence. I've sometimes found that the presence of the Dark Man worried me enough to bring me back down to earth. I've found that centring my attention in my chest area (possibly heart chakra related) seems to help flying a lot. A favourite at the moment is to blast along in a fairly upright posture - chest first.

That same feeling/energy/power/chakra once appeared as a glowing pink/purple er...pentagonal bipyramid crystal which I flew around opposite some sort of female anti-me (perhaps my anima) in a decaying spiral until we came to touch the crystal, at which point we both lost the ability to fly and crashed to the ground.

The main thing with flying, for me, is that it's very much dependent on the environment of the dream. The more like waking reality it is, the harder it is to fly. As the environment becomes more abstract, flying (and using related psychokinetic powers) becomes easier.

I had a dream last night where I said the name of the first girl I ever really loved 3 times and she appeared, looking somewhat surprised. I felt a strong presence of 'other' in the dream, which kicked me out. Hmm, just reading up on the Jungian concept of Anima and "Helen" might be relevant to how I relate to this girl.

I enjoyed the film The Good Night in which Danny DeVito gives advice on Lucid Dreaming to Martin Freeman.

Yes, I have have this often, flying in dreams and in even when I am awake.

That is why I loved the movie: "The Boy who could Fly".

Some people found this movie very sad or strange - but to
me - it is a constant reminder of what I experienced in my
thoughts and I remember it quite vividly. It also reminded
me of tragedy - the ability to overcome pain in the thought
that one can really do something, if one really puts their minds
to it... but then reality kicks in... no - I cannot, not while I am
in 3D.... drat! ;) I wonder why my Avatar is Peter Pan... Hmmm.

I've had flying dreams since I was a kid and I still have them, they're awesome!
I usually push off like a jump to kickstart the flying while I'm waving my arms like a bird. :lol:
Funny thing when I'm flying, I always know how houses and landscapes look from above and from all kinds of angles even I have never seen the places I fly over.
In some dreams I fly/float so far out that I can see the earth from a distance. These dreams are among my all time favourites.

hello fellow flyers! :P
good to see so many people reporting similar experiences.

I've had flying dreams recurring all through my life, and I just had one last night, so decided to see if there was thread in the forum. Usually I dream of flying very high altitude, maybe 30,000ft, and looking at the ground from that perspespective as I gently float. Last night I was flying at a 10-story-building height on a starry night (usually its always daytime when i fly), trying to hide myself from neighbours just in case they noticed my secret nightly activity!!! :lol2: hope the explanation for this isnt as ordinary as too much influence of superman comics at a young age :halo:

usually the dreams start with me being on the ground and i series of take a jumps, which takes me first maybe 10 feet into the air before i come to the ground, and subsequent jumps taking me higher and higher until i reach the clouds! eventually i come down slowly, and when i hit the ground is when i 'come to', back to reality and wake up with a jolt on my bed!

well, thats my story, hope to fly with some of you in the dreams sometime :lol:

Hello,

I have dreamt many times that I was flying while an adult, in fact these dreams come on regular basis. The last times it happened (it is a marvellous experience :)) I swear I would keep this ability while awake, but I woke up as heavy as before :huh:

It is good that this thread arised and I thank you for that because it is a very interesting phenomenon.

Back
Top Bottom