Dream I Could Fly

Re: Dream of Flying

Ok. How about geography?
Is there a valley and then a genlty sloping mountain to the South?
How about a sharply rising mountain to the East, and it's quite the lofty place, being high altitude?

Graalsword said:
I remember a few dreams of flying. The one I remember most was a few years ago, flying in a urban area. I remember that the process was like this: I had to do a little jump, with my legs (strong push but not too strong, slightly strong), once in the air I had to put my body in certain specific position, I don't remember the position of legs and arms, trunk had to be stretched or slightly forwards, this was to gain height.

Then it was like swimming. Certain movements coupled with intention made me move in the direction desired, and certain movements and body positions made me descend softly on the ground; I remember I thought of it as something I regain, as a capability that I thought as forgotten. I also remember that I felt frustrated for not knowing how to attain more speed - In the dream, I dislike how slow was my flight.
All that i bolded is exactly how i feel & felt about those dreams Graalsword, i know my body had to be positioned in a certain way, but i lifted of the ground by using energy from the solar plexus, it was definitely strenuous, and this gave me feedback that i was too heavy & my will wasn't strong enough yet to do it (The Work anyone). Yeah it was definitely like "yeah i remember this, how the hell did i forget." :D

The analogy with swimming is very apt, but to swim/move thorough those "waters," required me to utilize my will, intent, & energy, instead of my physical muscles. Which my experience told me had to be greatly developed before i could move with any sort of skill, it all just goes back to "The Work."

As to this RobertB:
RobertB said:
Perhaps if a bunch of us got together and made the attempt, we could go explore that world, and see what's going on.
bngenoh, Graalswold, Palinurus, Improvise and whomever else is reading, what say you?
As for me, I'm going for it.
"I" am just going to let any abilities, experiences, memories, etc that surface do so by themselves. Focusing on them is a distraction, they are cool and all, but research/gathering knowledge, transforming acquired knowledge into understanding, thus growing BEING is where my focus is at the moment.

Just my thoughts FWIW.

bngenoh said:
As to this RobertB:
RobertB said:
Perhaps if a bunch of us got together and made the attempt, we could go explore that world, and see what's going on.
bngenoh, Graalswold, Palinurus, Improvise and whomever else is reading, what say you?
As for me, I'm going for it.

"I" am just going to let any abilities, experiences, memories, etc that surface do so by themselves. Focusing on them is a distraction, they are cool and all, but research/gathering knowledge, transforming acquired knowledge into understanding, thus growing BEING is where my focus is at the moment.

I agree with bngenoh here. For instance what I had was just a dream, it might have been related to the symbolic messages subconscious give us through dreams. If in the future as a consecuence of the progress in the Work and environment change, we are able to literally and physically fly, we'll have to wait and see ;)

The idea was not to go flying in dreams for the fun of it, but to explore this 'glimpsed' world that many have visited, encountering like experiences. Perhaps it has some knowledge in it that is needed. I do not know why there is a common experience there, hence the need. Does anyone acutally know why that world is being shown?

Ah there is not much left that I remember from it now altough in dream everything was pretty clear
I first became aware in dream of one place I pass by sometimes in real life, untill I realised i'm dreaming I had normal body , but when I realised i became conciousness and flew up fast like it was natural thing, or even something pulled me,up to the stairs and I even saw people down there.I've never been to that stairs in real life so I'll check later if enviroment is anything like in my dream.
I remember even less of the part when I tried to controll where I want to go in lucid dream.All that is left now is faint rememberance of towns mountains and seas passing by very fast.
It was different state of awareness,and as I already said my level of control was low.

Last time I've dream to fly... I remember it was connected with breathing with the belly. When I woke up I was so sure it can be done that it was rather sad to feel all that weight over my body :cry:

i also agree with what bngenoh wrote above. although there are techniques to induce lucid dreaming, i view pursuing this as being more of an ''entertainment'' avenue and less of a self-work avenue. not that there's anything wrong with flying in dreams.
i say, if you're already there and it's already happening then so be it. enjoy the flight.

I went up that stairs that I described flying over in my lucid dream expirience and to my amazement the park with people I've seen was almost exactly the same as I saw it in lucid dream or was it AP?
To my knowledge I never was in that place before today.

So, you saw a place that you had never been to before. Interesting.
I asked to be able to go back to the flying dream, and the response in a dream was something on the order of "we have chosen someone else for this particular time".

RobertB said:
Graalsword

You are describing what I did to fly in my own dreams. Going to find friends (sometimes they are already there), or tell them about the wonder of flying, the feeling of swimming, the forested mountains below. Nice description of takeoffs, too.
There's a possibility that a lot of us have been in the same plane, learning the same things.
Where do these come from? Ancestry, next realm, or a joke being played on us?

Count me in too. Maybe we're part of the same bunch of souls, like atoms are gathered to make molecules or something like that?

skycsil said:
Count me in too. Maybe we're part of the same bunch of souls, like atoms are gathered to make molecules or something like that?

And where does one go to find the answer?
There is something going on with this shared dream.
I am still floored by exact descriptions of the experiences. We might as well be talking about a Movie that we have all seen.
How can this be?

I think we must keep learning as much as possible, and eventually we‘ll found out. Now that you mention movies, there is an Spanish film named “Mar Adentro“, where the main character dreams a very similar dream. I even remember feeling the vertigo of flying when I watched it!

I too, share in these flying dreams and since chldhood have always been fascinated with them. I had them so often as a child (far less frequently as an adult, but this just came up in convo recently w/ my sister and I felt that I had one fairly recently)...as a kid, I would describe the dreams to my friend, especially that "swimming" motion of the arms --at times it took a lot of effort. But these dreams have always felt so rea, ad there are moments where I feel the dreams are briefly lucid, int he sense that I'm aware that I'm dreaming and holding onto it while I can to prolong the fun. Interestingly, as an adult --when I do have the occasional flying dream -- the movement and flight is with much more ease!! The altitude higher as well, and less effort needed --I think just intermittent pushes every so often with my arms, but controlling movements with my will. I am curious to note the breathing aspect, now that I've read some of your posts. I've never had interesting locations or scenery, though....it's almost always a scenario where there are family members or friends watching me, at which point I come to a realization, "oh yeah, I have this ability" as well as the realization that those around me in the dream do not. It's not a feeling of self-importance, though, I don't think --it's sheer enjoyment.

Hi guys,

Are You sure that focusing on flying in dreams is leading anywhere?
Answer Yourself what kind of benefits it gives You when You are thinking about flying in dreams?

My story with dreams fascination is like this.
(and there was some benefit in understanding my situation in general however I could have easily state it without dreaming)
I used to have from time to time dreams about flying. Flying was of course like You pointed fascinating and pleasent.

There was something in the background of those dreams however, that I used to fly in case of some "obstacles" or "unknown enemies" or something / someone with whom I was confronted with.
That was a hint for me that maybe flying in my case is related to avoidance of some reality?

Once I had a dream that I was flying and I was trying desperately fly down and touch the ground. Down there were my colleagues waiting for me. When I finally went down they were happy that I am finally with them. I was grabbing earth like with pawns. I felt that it is right to be on the ground and to live.

For myself I have a theory that when I was flying I was basically escaping in my abstract world - thoughts. I am not saying that abstract world is not important. Just saying that in my context I was exaggerating giving much more energy and focus to my inner world that to the world outside - to the ground :).

FWIW, there is another dream-flying thread here : http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,19233.msg186805.html#msg186805

Back
Top Bottom