Dreaming in a Totalitarian Society

I wonder if the short blond woman in your dream was not copy/pasted from a recent video you may have seen where a FaceBook commenter had her front door knocked on by a short, blond cop distributing information fliers about protest rights.
I haven't seen that video that I recall.

That’s really interesting Jess, keep us posted on what you think it means and if your sense of it develops.
hello gottathink, I don't know what else I could comment except that it seems complicated to put words on impressions or sensations, just maybe what stood out the most in the dream was as if you could communicate or connect with someone just by feeling it a lot and in that there were lines of something, I don't know what they were, they just seemed like lines of light that traced and faded quickly,

I had a dream a couple of nights ago that I can only vaguely recall. I dreamt of society that comprised of a large group of people that were working individually to solely advance themselves. And then a large group that had natural inclination to cooperate.
The premise of the dream was quite simple. The first group assured their own mutual destruction because ultimately they were motivated only for their individual existence. They could not have enough awareness to triumph over the challenges presented. The second group shared information and every time it did it was strengthened and assured its survival and prosperity. Some of the individuals in this group flourished.

No great revelations in the dream but certainly I appreciated the healthy reminder for my conscious mind. What was interesting is that I felt no judgment, it just was, almost mechanistic and inevitable. That’s simply how the universe works.

I had a nightmare and I think it's perfect to put in this thread.

I'm walking with a dog in my arms (it's not Arturo) when I hear a big BOOM! And a second BOOM! And then I hear dogs barking too, a lot, in the back of the city under siege. Or the ghetto city. In front of the city gates, I see a soldier wearing a plastic mask that covers his whole head staggering. I wonder if he is drunk or crazy. I hide and watch him, clinging to branches, so he doesn't fall. I decide to enter the ghetto anyway, looking for Arturo. Suddenly I see the soldier who has thrown himself on the ground in front of me and is holding two things in his arms: a dog, a German shepherd and a rifle. With the rifle, he wants to kill himself. I hear the moans of the soldier who wants to kill himself by putting the point of the rifle on his neck. I am terrified, I want to go to him and tell him not to do that but at the same time I feel in danger, and I am afraid that the bullet of the rifle touches me because the soldier seems not to know how to aim. Anyway, he pulls the trigger several times, desperate, but it doesn't work.

Then I enter the city and there it is horror and terror. Because I know that it is the day of revenge and in the streets people are killed without mercy. The first thing I see is an Arab woman in a black burka throwing pepper spray on a person. Then I see men taking out of their housing people and killing them with a knife in the back. The woman in the burka sprays me on the back and I go forward, forward to look for my dog, but I know I can't do it. I wake up.

This night I had a strange dream.
It was about Zelensky was killed and I am the one who did it or more exaktly I made sure, that he killed himselve.
In the beginning of the dream I stood next to him, as a soldier, he had a granade in his hand and sayd something like now I will kill them all and he pulled the split pinns. (It was a feeling like he talked about my family). Then I replied to him, that it was to mouch he had done now and it was a hard work for me to get in this position and that the only one who is gonna die will be him, even if I had to die too.
So i took his hand, making sure he will not be able to throw the granade. Next we both sat on the floor, I made him release the handle.
We sat next to a corner, so I hid bhinde the corner, only my feet were on Zelensky to make sure he can not escape.
The next thing was a big explosion, I saw that I was blown away like from a realy strong wind gust and then a sofa landet in front of me.

I woke up to hear my 2 jear old doughter shout papa, so i stood up to get to her, but she was not shouting, she was asleep...

It was realy strange because normaly I cant remember my dreams and if I sometimes remeber then they are realy short and incoherent (most of the time).

This morning I woke up remembering a dream.

I was in a competition like the reality show exathlon. Many of the competitions were held on the facilities of something like a
Spa...or a amusement park. There was plenty of water and pools

In the last competition I was victorious but an opponent claimed victory. There was no decision about the winner, simply a person dressed as a scout told us to get on the buses.

They put us on a cart like the ones on roller coasters to transfer us to the buses. I was scared and decided to get out of the cart to hide in a room with a large window. The window had a blind and from there I could see everything that was happening.

Soldiers appeared and started attacking people. The soldiers passed in front of the window but they couldn't see me through the blind. I saw in the distance many naked people with their hands up. The soldiers gave them orders. It reminded me of this scene from Schindler's List.

So the people decided to run away and the soldiers killed them. When it was all over I left the room. Some women were cleaning the blood from the hallway. They were like prisioners and had a sad face. I did not see corpses but threads of blood came out of other doors and from the room from which I had come out, they were like rivulets.

When everything is prohibited, people have a right to resist
While the above thought is the topic of this dream account, and subsequent reflections, I don't think it is true as such, but it made me think about resisting programming.

In the dream, there was a scene where I saw people wearing bowler hats. Here is what the Wiki says about this type of hat:
The bowler hat, also known as a billycock, bob hat, bombín (Spanish) or derby (United States),[1] is a hard felt hat with a rounded crown, originally created by the London hat-makers Thomas and William Bowler in 1849.[2] It has traditionally been worn with semi-formal and informal attire. The bowler, a protective and durable hat style, was popular with the British, Irish, and American working classes during the second half of the 19th century, and later with the middle and upper classes in the United Kingdom, Ireland, and the east coast of the United States.[3]
On the bowler hats in the dream, there was a white rectangular sticker about 10 cm by 25 cm with a black bolded text saying "Forbud" which in Danish or Norwegian means "prohibition" or "ban", while the similar word in Swedish is "förbud". In the dream, the Swedish activist, Greta Thunberg, was incorrectly quoted for saying, that when everything is prohibited, people have a right to resist, which appeared as a thought and a text written in bold letters on a piece of papers with a few other writings, but the above episode, is the only I recall.

Since the "ban" was on the hat, is it also the "ban" on thinking certain ideas? But if that is so, what can be done?
Q: What is the best way to remove or undo programming?
A: Awareness and resistance.
To undo programming, one should then strive to gain awareness and in general resist the programming, which can be helped about by striving to gain knowledge.

During the second half of the 19th century, when the bowler hat was popular among the working classes, there was also the beginnings of labour unions, labour politics and collective struggles for better working conditions, but do social conditions have to get this bad before people in many western countries begin to resist? Apparently that seems to be the case.

2000 km/h + the Snake
20 July 2022

I had an interesting dream during a nap late afternoon. I was flying like an arrow in the sky, but with such a speed i had never ever experienced in any of my previous dreams before (flying used to be at times a bit sluggish or slow)

There was a threat in the skies with numerous large military airplanes trying to find me; with the aim to shoot me down. However it showed that they were the sluggish ones in comparison to my speed. At one time i threw an apple in front of the military plane (airbus 400 something), while saying “you out to know what little things can do at such high speed, right ?… just saying”.

So, this went back and forth but the missiles did neither hit me nor would they catch me.

All of the sudden i was on top of a tall thin cottage like building, located in the woods. I remember that people, including my husband, were downstairs 10 meter below at the veranda, having a good time. So i just walked out from the roof, gently flying downstairs. I remember my thought; how easy it was for me (every time) to fly in my dreams. No effort at all.

The dream ended with that i was sitting crammed at something resembling a very low wooden table. As i looked down to my left, there in the soil was something resembling a “dead” dirty/rotten ? snake.

Only it wasn’t dead.

So i took a band with both my hands to press it against the awakening snake - but the problems was it’s head was starting to crawl out of the grip - at any moment able to stab its teeth into my wrists. I wanted or did jell (?) to Sal to do something, grabbing it from behind at its head - because the snake got serious - but nobody did anything.

I had fleeting thoughts at the threahold of awakening… wondering if i did right or wrong, wanting to rely on others to come to my rescue or doing it on my own (in a hopefully wiser or smarter way ?) Was i perhaps too confident or too lazy ?

I woke up with a pounding heart.

2000 km/h + the Snake
20 July 2022

I had an interesting dream during a nap late afternoon. I was flying like an arrow in the sky, but with such a speed i had never ever experienced in any of my previous dreams before (flying used to be at times a bit sluggish or slow)

There was a threat in the skies with numerous large military airplanes trying to find me; with the aim to shoot me down. However it showed that they were the sluggish ones in comparison to my speed. At one time i threw an apple in front of the military plane (airbus 400 something), while saying “you out to know what little things can do at such high speed, right ?… just saying”.

So, this went back and forth but the missiles did neither hit me nor would they catch me.

All of the sudden i was on top of a tall thin cottage like building, located in the woods. I remember that people, including my husband, were downstairs 10 meter below at the veranda, having a good time. So i just walked out from the roof, gently flying downstairs. I remember my thought; how easy it was for me (every time) to fly in my dreams. No effort at all.

The dream ended with that i was sitting crammed at something resembling a very low wooden table. As i looked down to my left, there in the soil was something resembling a “dead” dirty/rotten ? snake.

Only it wasn’t dead.

So i took a band with both my hands to press it against the awakening snake - but the problems was it’s head was starting to crawl out of the grip - at any moment able to stab its teeth into my wrists. I wanted or did jell (?) to Sal to do something, grabbing it from behind at its head - because the snake got serious - but nobody did anything.

I had fleeting thoughts at the threahold of awakening… wondering if i did right or wrong, wanting to rely on others to come to my rescue or doing it on my own (in a hopefully wiser or smarter way ?) Was i perhaps too confident or too lazy ?

I woke up with a pounding heart.
Hello XPan,
Do you have prophetic dreams? That one looks like it. There are many elements in it to justify it. Here are the elements:
flying like an arrow: you are free and advancing rapidly with your life. Your spirit is soaring and your intentions are definitaly to be moving on. The planes represent the people or situations you are leaving behind: they are searching for you but can't find you because you are always a few steps away from them. The military is simply authoritarian in nature. Self explanatory.
The crammed table or sitting area: it is a restrictive thing. A table is for meetings, receiving, dining, working; basically, everything is done by/on a table. The crammed part is about restrictions. Something is going on. The snake could be many interpretations. Because that thing is trying to attack you, you may feel attacked by the environment where you are: at work, at home or other locations you visit. It wants to bite and you want to fend it off. Be careful and be alert. That is the message your dream is giving you.
I sincerely hope i have not alarmed you. Sometimes dream are really scary but you actually have the answers. Your guides are there to help you in dreams.

You see i had a similar one happening way back in Feb or March. I have just retired ( in Jan) and my dream was about flying. I was in the sky, flying slowly and feeling so free. I looked around and there were about a thousands like me who were also flying: our bodies were fluorescent, shining and simply beautiful. Then i was incarcerated into a building with many doors and stairs all around. I kept going around and around opening doors, going up and down stairs, going this way, that way and then suddenly i came across an open area surrounded by glass. All glass windows and a glass door. As i opened the glass door, there was a balcony made of cement with no railings. A person was following me intended on stopping me from going out but I did. I opened the door, jumped on the balcony and flew. She saw me and her reaction was priceless - she opened her mouth and covered it with her hand.
Again, the next scene saw me in again the same situation but this time i could not find an avenue out. No matter where i went, all doors had people behind it, no stairs went anywhere and no way out for me to escape at all.
As i have prophetic dreams, I found out later what that meant: Flying was when I retired, I was free and finding my way in this mess. The rest is about the banks and the restrictions they put on my money. We are currently doing some necessary repairs in our house and unfortunately, not enough funds to complete the projects. No matter how much i want to be free, the banks and the authoritarian gov we have will not let us off the hooks. That is my lot in life it would seem.

Good luck XPan. All the best.

Oh gosh - no

I really don't have prophetic dreams - or at least - not that I am aware of (back in the days I have written down hundreds of dreams - which I loved to ponder and reflect about, in a sort of "lingering state of mind" with "free associations", trying not to hard wire it's contents). But none of them really indicated anything specific outside myself, other than being a sort of "twisted mirror" about the current state of my life situation and psyche (or involving changes).

Oh wait, I did had a very few prophetic dreams, like the one which showed my grandmothers death - which was 2 weeks before her real death in 1994 (we had no contact what so ever during that time). But that dream felt like an experience influenced from the outside. And once in an orphanage i had a sort of "truth" dream, revealing to me, that the person in question was not the person he said to be, using a false name. Which he did; using a false name/persona.

If there are any elements pointing out possible futures - if such information exists - it is rather deeply embedded into what feels to me like weak sensations; "resonances lingering in the air". But this is also something I can feel during my awakening time - in fact much better. My dreams are not giving me any extra information, not really. They are at best, just indicators of my psyche and relations. I can "read off" that I adapted to a belief, gone though a change successfully (learned lessons), or showing me that I've gone astray and not learned my lesson. Or they show me hidden feelings about past people in my life, despite layers of separation, bad feelings and distortions like anger etc - there is love at the bottom. (Which doesn't mean, that when you honestly love somebody, that you are also good for each other in real life, in practice, lived through the realm of ego).

Dreams are exciting, nevertheless. And usually a bit more useful for me, as a source of inspiration, despite being elusive or even strange at times - but it's energy can (sometimes) be a start of creation. Whether in thought, idea or though creating things by hand.

But thank you for your interpretation, Lone herbal witch !

I am always open to such, because; well, other eyes see aspects I may not see. Or give rise to different ideas. Or inspire me to see aspects in ways I have not thought of yet before. So, even if I do not recognize in what you wrote - I love it.

And yes, I will watch my back - thank you !

I often make an "inner sweep" like on a radar, looking if there is something to be altered to, or if I perhaps gone sloppy, skipping to illuminate the dark corners in my defenses, open leeways for unexpected attacks.

Speaking of flying in dreams

It has always been my strongest feature in dreams. Albeit i 'used' that ability differently over time. In the past, it was a mix between escape and/or aggression/anger, as i often felt myself being in a victim position, not knowing where to go in life, what or who to do it. When life felt particularly hard and isolated, my ability to fly in a dream would become extremely sluggish, as if something constantly pulled me down. Yet in essence, most of the time - my dreams were reflecting life situations, through a twisted/creative sort of weird mirror.

Today as well in recent times, I fly more unrestricted, much easier it seems. And the thing is, I know this in my dreams. Like a silent latent awareness, regardless situation or threat.

Remember that nothing is written in stone.

A tip can be, to pull out a good skill (or ideas) from your dreams into the world you live in. (it also works the other way around). Banks and funds have a strong place in our lives - in good and often quite bad - but they are not everything.

What if you have doors top open, avenues to explore - via your dreams - which could inspire you to opens new/other doors in the real world, which could aid you in your projects ? As source of inspiration, I mean. Unseen paths and possibilities, perhaps ?

Oh gosh - no

I really don't have prophetic dreams - or at least - not that I am aware of (back in the days I have written down hundreds of dreams - which I loved to ponder and reflect about, in a sort of "lingering state of mind" with "free associations", trying not to hard wire it's contents). But none of them really indicated anything specific outside myself, other than being a sort of "twisted mirror" about the current state of my life situation and psyche (or involving changes).

Oh wait, I did had a very few prophetic dreams, like the one which showed my grandmothers death - which was 2 weeks before her real death in 1994 (we had no contact what so ever during that time). But that dream felt like an experience influenced from the outside. And once in an orphanage i had a sort of "truth" dream, revealing to me, that the person in question was not the person he said to be, using a false name. Which he did; using a false name/persona.

If there are any elements pointing out possible futures - if such information exists - it is rather deeply embedded into what feels to me like weak sensations; "resonances lingering in the air". But this is also something I can feel during my awakening time - in fact much better. My dreams are not giving me any extra information, not really. They are at best, just indicators of my psyche and relations. I can "read off" that I adapted to a belief, gone though a change successfully (learned lessons), or showing me that I've gone astray and not learned my lesson. Or they show me hidden feelings about past people in my life, despite layers of separation, bad feelings and distortions like anger etc - there is love at the bottom. (Which doesn't mean, that when you honestly love somebody, that you are also good for each other in real life, in practice, lived through the realm of ego).

Dreams are exciting, nevertheless. And usually a bit more useful for me, as a source of inspiration, despite being elusive or even strange at times - but it's energy can (sometimes) be a start of creation. Whether in thought, idea or though creating things by hand.

But thank you for your interpretation, Lone herbal witch !

I am always open to such, because; well, other eyes see aspects I may not see. Or give rise to different ideas. Or inspire me to see aspects in ways I have not thought of yet before. So, even if I do not recognize in what you wrote - I love it.

And yes, I will watch my back - thank you !

I often make an "inner sweep" like on a radar, looking if there is something to be altered to, or if I perhaps gone sloppy, skipping to illuminate the dark corners in my defenses, open leeways for unexpected attacks.

Speaking of flying in dreams

It has always been my strongest feature in dreams. Albeit i 'used' that ability differently over time. In the past, it was a mix between escape and/or aggression/anger, as i often felt myself being in a victim position, not knowing where to go in life, what or who to do it. When life felt particularly hard and isolated, my ability to fly in a dream would become extremely sluggish, as if something constantly pulled me down. Yet in essence, most of the time - my dreams were reflecting life situations, through a twisted/creative sort of weird mirror.

Today as well in recent times, I fly more unrestricted, much easier it seems. And the thing is, I know this in my dreams. Like a silent latent awareness, regardless situation or threat.

Remember that nothing is written in stone.

A tip can be, to pull out a good skill (or ideas) from your dreams into the world you live in. (it also works the other way around). Banks and funds have a strong place in our lives - in good and often quite bad - but they are not everything.

What if you have doors top open, avenues to explore - via your dreams - which could inspire you to opens new/other doors in the real world, which could aid you in your projects ? As source of inspiration, I mean. Unseen paths and possibilities, perhaps ?
Good. I aspire to help, not attack. I've had prophetic dreams since my divorce in 2003. I was married to a psychopathic depraved OP without knowing it. Boy, was that an experience! It took me years to recover and working on myself. I've learned and continue learning as we encounter more of those types while progressing in our own lives!

Like you, i keep track of my dreams and some a real duds while others seem to relate to events or relationships. The flying dream I've experienced was the only one I've ever had. Felt so strange... yet so beautiful! And thousands like myself flying....
"Remember that nothing is written in stone." You are so right about that.

"What if you have doors top open, avenues to explore - via your dreams - which could inspire you to opens new/other doors in the real world, which could aid you in your projects ? As source of inspiration, I mean. Unseen paths and possibilities, perhaps ?" Yes. We've been looking at other avenues with all our structural problems.... Gosh, what a nightmare!

Thank you XPan for your insight. It was greatly appreciated. Please continue to watch your back.

This wasn't a dream necessarily though it came on the tail end of one. My dreams the past couple of weeks have been real intense, but nothing that isn't readily identified as just me processing what has been on my mind and heart lately in my daily waking life.

Last Friday, however, I started a treatment of Doxycycline, 100mg twice daily; a regiment that is supposed to continue for a total of four months and gee do I hope the acclimation process gets easier. The side effects have been intense nausea when I haven't eaten, drowsiness, a pretty strong headache on Tuesday, brain fog but not "confusion" yet per se, and feeling a little dehydrated though I'm drinking plenty of fluid.

Anyhow, not sure if I'm chalking it up to the medication or just overall dream sensitivity lately, but this morning I just couldn't wake up. I've never had what I could readily describe as an out-of-body experience or sleep paralysis, but it felt like I was both asleep and awake at the same time and just unable to get myself up. It wasn't scary at all, if anything I was frustrated I couldn't get up and it didn't help that when I finally did my dog had been unable to hold his bladder and so had an accident. Upon reflecting later I do maybe feel like I was seeing myself from outside my body but I can't say for certain. I ended up waking 2 or so hours later than usual this morning.

Oh wow, that sounds scary.

I would venture a guess and say that the dreams are indeed related to the treatment, are you also taking probiotics? if it's such a long antibiotic treatment then I would imagine it has affected your gut biota, and that can have neurological effects, besides the clear effects on your physiological health.

That is the only suggestion I can think of right now to ameliorate the symptoms you're having.

Oh wow, that sounds scary.

I would venture a guess and say that the dreams are indeed related to the treatment, are you also taking probiotics? if it's such a long antibiotic treatment then I would imagine it has affected your gut biota, and that can have neurological effects, besides the clear effects on your physiological health.

That is the only suggestion I can think of right now to ameliorate the symptoms you're having.
I've been eating yogurt more this week, but haven't done any probiotics specifically. Tomorrow will only be the end of the first week of treatment so it's still pretty early, but that is something my aunt mentioned to me as well. I'll look into getting some, do you have any preferences or suggestions on brand or type? Last time I tried a probiotic it was so disgusting, it reminded me of yogurt but had such an awful taste and consistency, and I usually love yogurt.

I've been eating yogurt more this week, but haven't done any probiotics specifically. Tomorrow will only be the end of the first week of treatment so it's still pretty early, but that is something my aunt mentioned to me as well. I'll look into getting some, do you have any preferences or suggestions on brand or type? Last time I tried a probiotic it was so disgusting, it reminded me of yogurt but had such an awful taste and consistency, and I usually love yogurt.
A portion of Sauerkraut (fermented cabbage) added to food, is one of several good probiotic treatments available during and after having used antibiotics, in order to restore the gut flora.

Back
Top Bottom