Dreaming in a Totalitarian Society

Last night I woke up from a nightmare, which I have practiced a lot in the past. I learned to recover quickly enough from these awakenings, that is to say to regulate stress, breathing and thoughts (without systematically forgetting) by quickly recognizing the dream.
It worked well last night. I ran out of breath and the recognized fear was intense, of a giant and powerful attack, more powerful than anything I know or can imagine.
Which leads me to think that it is rather desperate. On the Forum, the FotCM, and all of us in general.
I've been praying, trying to remember all the warnings from the Cs, I think almost systematic lately. It's nothing more than a dream, combining my fears and anxieties, but too powerful to keep it to myself.
Stay safe and alert.

Cette nuit je me suis réveillée d'un cauchemar, ce que j'ai beaucoup pratiqué dans le passé. J'ai appris à me remettre assez vite de ces réveils c'est-à-dire à réguler le stress, la respiration et les pensées (sans oublier systématiquement) en reconnaissant vite le rêve.
Cela a bien fonctionné cette nuit dernière. J'ai manqué de souffle et la peur reconnue était intense, d'une attaque géante et puissante, plus puissante que tout ce que je connais ou que je peux imaginer. Qui me laisse penser qu'elle est plutôt désespérée.
Sur le forum, la FotCM, et tous d'entre nous en général.
J'ai prié en essayant de me souvenir de toutes les mises en garde des Cs, je crois presque systématiques ces derniers temps. Ce n'est rien de plus qu'un rêve, combinant mes peurs et mes angoisses, mais trop puissant pour le garder pour moi.
Restez en sécurité et alertes.

I suppose it's totalitarian enough given the content, but 8 days ago I had a weird and disturbing dream. I notice it was the night of the full moon, and I had not taken melatonin. But this happened an hour before my alarm would go off.

I was with a high school friend, and actually called him the name of another friend near the end of the dream, but we were in some forest clearing. There was a slight hill to go up towards and lots of tall grass. I said I did not want to get dirty so I levitated there with my legs crossed (sometimes I levitate in dreams). I felt like there was a warning that this was some place where some girl had gotten vaporized by aliens (not sure if I had Missing 411 or aliens in general on my mind). So it was really creepy. When I got close to the top I felt like I was getting tractor beamed and I started to feel pain or burning, mostly on my back.

So I woke up because it was actual pain in my back. I don't remember if I went to the bathroom, but the pain was really distressing. And I don't have nightmare type dreams at all, so maybe the actual pain was what made it emotionally intense. It seemed too pervasive to be just a "laid in bed on the wrong side" type of pain. So I just calmed down a bit and said some prayers and went back to sleep for what was only 40 minutes or so. This friend from high school wasn't really close and seemed to be into drugs that I later found out.

This morning I had a vivid dream that had been impressed in my mind quiet well, usually I don't remember my dreams. Interestingly this time i didn't took the melatonin before going to sleep.

So, in the dream I was looking at a map, I was looking for something and then I saw an explosion shown on the map in the southern part of Italy, in the vicinity of the Vesuvius vulcano. While watching at the map i had the impression that the explosion was caused by a meteorite impact and that it’s effects on the area would have triggered the eruption of the Vesuvius vulcano. In the dream the event would have occurred within 3 years however I had a feeling that it could occur much earlier.

Anyways, just wanted to share.

Very strange experience for me last night, I wonder about a possible abduction. I'm just sharing a strong impression, so take it fwiw.

The general context of the night was at an ocean shore, in a self-contained car. The constant white noise of the waves will be of importance below.

Part of my night had been insomniac, haunted by an old acquaintance, after having slept correctly for a while. Then, when I could finally sleep again, I dreamed deeply about smthg emotionally pure.
At some point, the dream suddenly stopped and I found myself in a semi-state of awakeness, where I could hear somehow the waves, but the feeling was one of a dark presence doing smthg in my back, like trying to rape me...
I also happened to be in a totally paralysed state, where puting all my will wouldn't change anything, so I couldn't see. The thought of an abduction instinclty came to mind, and its awareness allowed to not be afraid or panicky somehow.
But feeling powerless made me more and more angry.
Then, I thought (instinctly again, as I was lucid but half-conscious) about the C's answer to why Laura had been less abducted :
Session 9 October 1994:
Q: (L) Why have they abducted Frank more than me?
A: You fight it.
Knowing about the existing possibility to resist and fight something that appeared way out of my power, allowed me to stay still for some seconds, accept the paralysis, and channel some energy to burst it out with a "roaring" cry, giving an elbow kick in my back.
I then became un-paralysed and was back to 3D reality, with the sound of the waves more present and the temperature colder than previously.

There was no visual, apart from some sorts of shadows and a bare light at the top left corner of my vision, that had no source in reality.
It was just a very strong sensate as I hadn't experienced before.
I felt like the waves helped me bind to reality, rather than giving up to the paralysis.

It also reminds me the experience with the spider beings from the Wave series :
Session 23 July 1995:
Q: (L) Okay, in the experience I felt a paralysis of my body, what caused this paralysis.

A: Yes. Separation of awareness. Which is defined as any point along the pathway where one's awareness becomes so totally focused on one thought sector that all other levels of awareness are temporarily receded, thereby making it impossible to become aware of one's physical reality along with one's mental reality. This gives the impression of what is referred to as paralysis. Do you understand?

Q: (L) Yes. And what stimulates this total focus of awareness?

A: An event which sidetracks, temporarily, the mental processes.

Q: (L) And what event can sidetrack the mental processes to this extent?

A: Any number.

Q: (L) In this particular case, what was it?

A: It was an eclipsing of energies caused by conflicting thought centers.

Q: (L) What energies were being eclipsed?

A: Whenever two opposing units of reality intersect, this causes what can be referred to as friction, which, for an immeasurable amount of what you would refer to as time, which is, of course, non-existent, creates a non- existence, or a stopping of the movements of all functions. This is what we would know as conflict. In between, or through any intersecting, opposite entities, we always find zero time, zero movement, zero transference, zero exchange. Now think about this. Think about this carefully.

Q: (L) Does this mean that I was, essentially, in a condition of non-existence?

A: Well, non-existence is not really the proper term, but non-fluid existence would be more to the point. Do you understand?

Q: (L) Yes. Frozen, as it were?

A: Frozen, as it were.

Abduction or conflicting thought centres..? It felt nevertheless like a very strange and uncomfortable experience.

This morning I had a vivid dream that had been impressed in my mind quiet well, usually I don't remember my dreams. Interestingly this time i didn't took the melatonin before going to sleep.

So, in the dream I was looking at a map, I was looking for something and then I saw an explosion shown on the map in the southern part of Italy, in the vicinity of the Vesuvius vulcano. While watching at the map i had the impression that the explosion was caused by a meteorite impact and that it’s effects on the area would have triggered the eruption of the Vesuvius vulcano. In the dream the event would have occurred within 3 years however I had a feeling that it could occur much earlier.

Anyways, just wanted to share.
This comes to mind

Last night I had a weird experience. I was dreaming that I was in a very old university that was in disrepair with my mother. We felt like the room was shaking and said to each other, is there an earthquake happening? In my mind I thought, this is weird, we don’t live in an area that gets earthquakes. We decided to go outside and see what was going on. We were on the front steps of the building and the ground started shaking again so we sat on the steps and watched as students on the lawn fell over from the movement. We got off the stairs just in time as another quake started and the stairs of the university collapsed into a hole. Just then I woke up to a huge boom of thunder outside. There was a single strike of lightning and then no more lightning or thunder and no rain. This morning I asked my husband if he heard the thunder last night and he said yeah and he thought it was weird that it happened once and no rain fell.

How many people sharing here actually live is a totalitarian society? Asking for a friend.

But that doesn’t really matter: dream work is fascinating and can lead to learning and self-knowledge. But to put the work into dream work requires effort. There are many ways to interpret and decipher dreams. But if those ways are not studied, learned and used, then the results are going to be limited, to say the least.

It’s your life, your dreams, your subconscious and your relationship with the cosmos that is playing out.

It’s a mistake to adopt the attitude that “my dreams are always coming from a source outside me”. This can be true at times and can be coming from either positive or negative sources. But it isn’t always true and it may only be sometimes true.

I think it’s necessary to at least dabble in the idea that “my dreams are totally a reflection of me, what’s inside me and my subconscious “. Although that isn’t necessarily 100% either, I think it’s good to embrace the personal responsibility angle in dream work. IOW, that cringe-worthy dickhead is a part of you as much as that admirable heroic figure. The question is accepting and realizing both as part of your souls lesson plan. Yes I see the shallowness and reactivity of my callow unevolved youth…but it just is what it is/was. A dream can reveal that and even if it feels yucky, it can be representational of real growth in our relationship to our self.

Another example of what seems unsavory, at first glance, are dreams of elimination. You pee your pants in a dream. You wake up and feel creeped out BUT, in a dream we can release negative emotions (urination can be the subconscious release of anger) - emotions that our conscious mind is unwilling to see and feel because of what it might mean if we really had to face whatever it is and deal with it.

So yeah. My wife really turned me around on this stuff. I was always a “dreams are not reality” type of guy but I can see how wrong that thinking is now. But you have to study it a bit -check out the different methods (eg. what was the FEELING tone and what does that tell you regarding the characters and events and what they could represent.) One of my all time faves is asking questions of the dream characters like “who are you, what do you represent” etc via the left hand/right hand automatic writing method. Yes it takes work and energy and is kind of like a channeling seance with yourself that you have to groove. But it can be amazing.

So the question can become, how committed to the oracle Know Thyself (and to thine own self be true) are you? We all say we are. But at some point it is realized that to get the deep answers, you have to be willing to dig. And that requires a shovel, dirty hands and hard work.

PS there are books on standard interpretation which are a start but I don’t find them too useful except to gain some basic concepts and classic symbolic ideas. There have to be books on the more Jungian and esoteric techniques and then you can find a teacher as well. Like anything worthwhile, it’s a long process.

Back
Top Bottom