Earth Quake's in Victoria

chaps23

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
Accompanying our protests, earthquakes, I feel things are escalating out of control here.

What are we supposed to do? Do we join the protest? urghh I feel so lost.

We never get earthquakes here, obviously, the negativity is building. It was a biggin. they are estimating 5.5 from the first reports. I've told my family about these possibilities, so the first thing that happened were phone calls of panic from my family. The first drops of fear entering my mind now as police open fire with rubber bullets and tear gas at our own people.

It feels like we are approaching "critical mass" here.

The coincidence between this quake and the current protest and oppression in Victoria is interesting. Notice that this M5.8 quake seems to be the strongest quake recorded in Victory ever.

The previous strongest quakes were as follow:
- On June 19, 2012 a 5.3 magnitude earthquake hit southwest of Moe in Victoria's LaTrobe Valley.
- A M5.7 event, recorded at Mt Hotham in May 1966.
Source

The coincidence between this quake and the current protest and oppression in Victoria is interesting. Notice that this M5.8 quake seems to be the strongest quake recorded in Victory ever.

Funny how in the end of the article they try to put a caveat on this fact by saying:

But just because we haven’t seen such a high-magnitude earthquake in our time doesn’t mean they don’t happen. For instance, there is geological evidence for a possible magnitude 7 earthquake occurring sometime between 70,000 and 25,000 years ago, on the Cadell Fault near the Victorian town of Echuca.

Because once in 25,000 or longer is a very strong argument that things like this do happen. ;-) And yes, it seems like there is an undeniable connection between the earthquake and the corona craziness. In fact, it's possible that other people may notice it too, but will see.

We felt it quite distinctively. I was doing some office work and the table, chair started shaking, then the house. It lasted about 10 secs and appeared to be a slow moving type. It was centered in Mansfield, an alpine town very close to the Mt Buller which is a ski spot in Victoria. Lovely country down there as I have driven through a few times.

Interesting times though and connection with the protests and overall sentiment on the ground.

In fact, it's possible that other people may notice it too, but will see.

Yes, I'll be very interested to see if any people I know make the connection.. my immediate thought/feeling was "it's happening!"

I live about halfway between the epicentre and Melbourne and it was a bit scary here! By far the strongest and longest earth tremor I've experienced, though basically small potatoes compared to many quakes elsewhere.. seemed like 20-30 seconds here, and a few further rumblings 15 minutes later.. we just got some things falling off shelves. Our poor dog was terrified - no wonder she's been acting strangely for the last few days. She seems to have bounced back to her fun-loving self now.

Having never really experienced earthquakes before, my biggest impression when feeling everything shaking like that was: it made me viscerally feel like I'm on a piece of floating land, on a planet, flying through space, all one system, everything connected.

It was the same here in Croatia on the new years day of 2020/2021. The earthquake was very strong, it was about 200 km from, where we live, yet we could feel the "waves" which moved the house about half a meter left and right. Luckily it was much much weakened by the time it hit us, but still it wasn't at all pleasant.

Back
Top Bottom