Eating for your nervous system and personality type

Thank you Renaissance, it is really enlightening to read what you wrote.
I thought I was a sympathetic dominant type but I have more felt neurotic in my life, as I tend to be very ill-shy in public. This might give me hot flashes of anger, creative energy which can't get express. On the other end I tend to think unidimensionnally most of the time instead of in three dimension.
Like Chu said people have these personality traits cycling throughout their lives.

When I paid attention to my feelings there seem to be a battle between the two systems, from a negative perspective, it's like power rage fighting depressive madness and terror, but i find it possible to "peace them out" and have them working together, it gave a more gentle wave flowing through the body which is much less chaotic and become constructive.

Reading the strange order of things by Antonio Damasio it seemed to me that inter-cellular communication et bacterial movements inside the body can be considered as a "nervous system", we can also take into account water and it's fourth phase whom is hold intracellularly, who can hold messages, and maybe thoughts ideas and images. Negative ideas and beliefs tend to stuck in the tissue and dry them out, positive one are more healing and flowing through the organism. I had the experience on how our mind fool us and "protect" us by hiding stuffs which where scary in the past, and frankly it's amazing, and it's doesn't relate to the idea of a branch like nervous filaments, more like a bubble inside a bubble as in a russian doll.

It gives a whole new dimension to psychology, trauma and dissociation, as Damasio says, our "new" myelinated nervous system creates images from the input sensation felt by the "ancient world", and dissociation happen when inputs are too strong for the systems to make a continuous film of one's life. Luc Nicon is a practitioner of a therapy called Tipi (technique d'identification sensorielle des peurs inconscientes), and present some finding about the types of trauma, if one get a spike of cortisol after an emotional shock the "film of life" will be continuous and there will be no chronic stress, but if there's no spike, "isolated islands" will be created in the system and created dissociated bubble of stress. From Nicon's findings, types of trauma which are conducive of chronic stress and further frozen trauma happen into the womb. His work have found a lot of "twin survivor" and womb sensation that were not integrated in the mind of the traumatized. For healing those isolated islands/bubble Nicon proposes to just reconnect these parts with the natural electrical system of the body by just feeling those islands of stress and having help to pass through mental blocks.
I found a vanished twin in my systems and a terrible fear of my mom with a "cellular memories pratitioner", I had 25 sessions of N.O. but so far I am not healed from those nightmare, I think it might be good to look at this Tipi technique.

I can't help to be marveled by the fact that mythology, stories and tales, the graal and the odysseus have been created by these nervous systems, and that evolution did not happen the way we were told, that time is not linear and all of it is proved by science of our own machine ! (I have yet to find what is my "soul" and what is my body and how it is interrelated).

In conclusion, from my point of view, I really think we have a perfect balanced system and a limitless "personnality" but that trauma shapes us from the womb.

Reading the strange order of things by Antonio Damasio it seemed to me that inter-cellular communication et bacterial movements inside the body can be considered as a "nervous system", we can also take into account water and it's fourth phase whom is hold intracellularly, who can hold messages, and maybe thoughts ideas and images. Negative ideas and beliefs tend to stuck in the tissue and dry them out, positive one are more healing and flowing through the organism. I had the experience on how our mind fool us and "protect" us by hiding stuffs which where scary in the past, and frankly it's amazing, and it's doesn't relate to the idea of a branch like nervous filaments, more like a bubble inside a bubble as in a russian doll.

Well, there probably was a purpose behind the initial protective mechanism, which was put in place because we likely got injured in some way. However, it appears that in order to fully recover and heal, we need to turn our focus from the initially injury to the chaotic 'scar tissue' that create a bottle neck and all sorts of imbalances in the body. I put scar tissue in quotes because it appears this mechanism appears for mental and emotion injury just as with the physical - although it looks like all can be be connected in varying degrees as well. Working through scar tissue isn't easy - it requires rebuilding weak and ridgid parts of the body, and this must be done carefully and with proper knowledge, otherwise we risk reinjury and retraumatization. I agree certain negative ideas can maintain these structures - mainly the elements of the criminal mind: control, power over others, victim mentality, black and white thinking, catastrophizing, etc. Positive beliefs and efforts center around service to others, accepting and observing reality / emotions/ situations as they are, external consideration, and so on. The thread on Paul's Necessary Sin provides valuable information on how we might utilize these principals so we might grow not only individually but also as a community toward something greater.

It gives a whole new dimension to psychology, trauma and dissociation, as Damasio says, our "new" myelinated nervous system creates images from the input sensation felt by the "ancient world", and dissociation happen when inputs are too strong for the systems to make a continuous film of one's life. Luc Nicon is a practitioner of a therapy called Tipi (technique d'identification sensorielle des peurs inconscientes), and present some finding about the types of trauma, if one get a spike of cortisol after an emotional shock the "film of life" will be continuous and there will be no chronic stress, but if there's no spike, "isolated islands" will be created in the system and created dissociated bubble of stress. From Nicon's findings, types of trauma which are conducive of chronic stress and further frozen trauma happen into the womb. His work have found a lot of "twin survivor" and womb sensation that were not integrated in the mind of the traumatized. For healing those isolated islands/bubble Nicon proposes to just reconnect these parts with the natural electrical system of the body by just feeling those islands of stress and having help to pass through mental blocks.

I took a look at Nicon's work, and I think his observations about emotional regulation appear really helpful. He basically suggests to just take one minute and recognize what emotions and sensations are occuring in the body, and allow them to work themselves out and unfold to establish homeostasis by not trying to control/ deny them. It's explained very simply, and that is probably why he's had a good deal of success in utilizing the practice. That said, he lost me on the pre-natal trauma, not because I don't think it exists but because he goes backward by putting emphasis on the cause. It reminds me of some kind of Freudian off-shoot that invites the individual to get stuck. The cause really isn't all that important. The cause isn't what holds us back anyway, and identifying all the causes of trauma is an impossible task. As mentioned the body has an incredible ability the ability to protect and heal immediate wounds. However, it seems what is more helpful to work on is the ridgid structures that remain long after a healed injury, which in turn promote/ feed the activity of the criminal mind.

I think you are right for healing to turn the attention to what is wrong now on the machine at every level, going into speculation or the past is slowing down the process or blocking it. Taking care of the scar tissues is a must, might be necessary or not, depending one's travel to healing, and rolfing sure helps me a lot. But once some healing is achieve, if not fully, there might be a desire to know the truth and search the facts concerning the subject. This depend on the individual. After a session with a kinesiologist, which revealed a twin I read all the book I found around the subject to learn more about it, maybe a little for validating my feelings, a little to have proof for something which I have no physical evidences, and a little to heal what I need to heal. Some of these twin survivors are great victim of life, and this condition has been mixed with some weird ideas like being the cause of transgenderism or desire for the same sex the twins was. With no proof, so i stand away from it, and it reinforces the dangers of finding an absolute answer around your wound, but for god sakes I want to know why by subconscious reveal a twin and what is the story behind it.

I agree when you dig into your dilemmas anticipation and preconceive ideas have to be left out, and that's why I found Tipi interesting because it seems (i have not tested it yet) to take care of strong minded belief and go right into the heart of the matter without primer. I read Nicon's book and view one of his video, and what he is presenting is when he first try to heal himself and others it was without any ideas of what he has found about pre-natal trauma and vanishing twin. You're right that he's primarily focus on this period, but from what I read, using the method he starts from any personal dilemma guiding the patient through his feelings and doing what he can to relieve the deep stuff. From his research (which is not considered scientific and statistically right, but engaged 278 people nonetheless) he gets the repetitive symptoms feelings and sensation between his patients that has conducted to his conclusion, in a bottum up effect. A little like in the healing developmental trauma book when they say shame from one memory could lead to another unrelated event where the trauma takes place (our plastic brain!). I am surely biased about this subject but I felt so much of the same symptoms, and it's so awful when it's felt, I could give my life to get rid of it. And maybe you are biased thinking every french therapists are subject to the Freudian backward psychology and filthy science :).

Back
Top Bottom