Edgar Cayce

G

gritzle70

http://rigorousintuition.blogspot.com/2005/10/top-of-my-head.html

Edgar Cayce, America's "sleeping prophet," was a Christian and Freemason whose entranced alter claimed to have been a high priest of Egypt named "Ra Ta." Ra Ta predicted an American Golden Age based upon the principals of Freemasonry, linked to the projected opening of a hypothesized "Hall of Records" beneath the Sphynx at the end of the 20th Century. Cayce seems to have been a better psychic diagnostician than he was a prophet, but his influence had a long reach. Cayce advised Woodrow Wilson - two biographers claim he was summoned to Washington to advise on the creation of the League of Nations - the meeting arranged by head of the Secret Service, Colonel Edmond Starling. Sterling came from Hopkinsville, Kentucky, and Cayce was born on a farm just outside Hopkinsville and resided in the town until a young adult.

(Does Hopkinsville ring another bell of American weirdness? The "Hopkinsville Incident"of August 21, 1955: a farmhouse, just outside the Kentucky town, besieged by shining, seemingly nickel-plated mischevious entities. Is there a connection? Maybe, though maybe no more than America is a weird place, and some American places are weirder than others.)

http://rigorousintuition.blogspot.com/2005/08/seeing-things-saying-things.html

Interested in Edgar Cayce too. Now, I know about Cayce's "Ra Ta" past life business, but is it a fact that he was a freemason? Most stuff I read charactarized him as having a background in "evangelical" Christianity.

What I do know is that a theosophist named Lammer financed Cayce for some years. He bailed out, for whatever reasons, when funds were needed to help keep Cayce's Health Center going. The original Cayce Health Center had to be shut down due to lack of funds, in part, due to the withdrawal of this theosophist's support. This was particularly disappointing due to fact that one of very strongest parts of Cayce material was his health readings which were being used successfully on patients at this health center. One might say that Cayce's greater "charism" was that of Healing.

Perhaps theosophical funders were far more interested in (their own special) esoteric ideas. Perhaps he was unaware of just how important "patient, persistent application" was to Cayce message, and to Cayce's own take on the essence of Christian life.

It has even been suggested that Lammer himself may have placed theosophical literature under Cayce's pillow. Cayce had the ability to pick the info up in his sleep. Did he do so, even willingly, to compensate for his having less education than these sophisticated peers?

This may in fact account for the wacked prophecies/esotericism of Cayce, when they do show up. Does too much of it seem straight out of Blavatsky, with some good old suthin embellishment, all without leaving out the nod to evangelical devotions?

But...having just read Codex Magica (by Texe Marrs, highly reccomend it!)
I would be interested in finding out whether Cayce had at some point become a mason. Was it merely nominal, put upon him by these backers, or did he in fact get steeped in the elite's old Cabbalistic bs?

It would merely add to the corrupting of his info in that case, but...
Edgar Cayce remains a Christian healer unparelleled. That much is undeniable. He could walk his head right into your cells, and tell you the way back out, healthy and whole. That much of his work was a Spirit-born "charism". They did not, could not take it all from him.

From this thread http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,14061.msg109992.html#msg109992

Questioner: Who spoke through Edgar Cayce?

Ra: I am Ra. No entity spoke through Edgar Cayce.

Questioner: Where did the information come from that Edgar Cayce channeled?

Ra: I am Ra. We have explained before that the intelligent infinity is brought into intelligent energy from eighth density or the octave. The one vibratory sound complex called Edgar used this gateway to view the present, which is not the continuum you experience but the potential social memory complex of this planetary sphere. The term your peoples have used for this is the “Akashic Record” or the “Hall of Records.” This is the last question which you may now ask.

Decided to start a book on Edgar Cayce ('The Story Of') by Thoma Sugrue (who met Edgar in 1927). It is said of Thomas (back cover) that Cayce's life is "told by the only writer who knew and investigated him while he lived."

The story starts in the year 1912, however, it goes back in time. I'm not far along into the story of his life, yet there are a few things that stand out so far. Primarily, as the author says, Cayce was a physic medical diagnostician (practicing for forth-three years) and left over 9,000 diagnostic reports and case studies. The author knew his whole family and many of his friends and town peoples - with many interviews conducted. He, through Edgar, talks about Edgar's grandfather who was killed by a horse in front of Edgar. They suspected him of having certain powers, yet the grandmother never said anything, other than to mention of a few events as being described.

Interestingly, the author claims that Edgar never:

- made any public demonstration of his power
- he was never on stage
- he never sought any publicity
- he did not prophesy
- he did not seek wealth

From my initial reading:

1. Cayce became very religious as was the way in many rural communities as a youngster. Read the bible every year as a pledge to himself.
2. Their family farm grew black tobacco, and there are some interesting details of this, such as when he describes the delight of it being smoked and cured while hanging from the rafters of the barn and its smell. Also planting and storing seeds. Hunting is discussed and the Kentucky environs.
3. He describes some of the healing prescriptions (really remarkable) from his office (the local physician helped him) for people in town or people who wrote him. His real job was photography.
4. He encountered as a boy, at a place where he like to read near a stream, a woman who he thought was his mother fetching him for chores, and then realized she had wings on her back and offered him a wish - it was to help people, especially children, said Edgar. He says he does not know why she had wings, and dismissed this.
5. He had what he called when as a boy "play people" that seemed to come to him when his sisters and cousins were not around. They were his own age always. Both girls and sometimes boys at other times. His one sister could also see them.
6. There were other play people who did not want to interact. They, he said, they wanted to only play with the dragonflies. Of the play people, they seemed to emanate or to have been associated with flowers.
7. He was poorly schooled and could not spell until it was later described that he had to write the word "cabin" 500 times on the blackboard. He still could not spell from the text book. He then asked to have the book and put it behind his head and fell asleep for a short time, and thereafter, he knew every word, every illustration. And he did this with other books.
8. He knew no medicine, and yet could come up with very complex diagnostics and then prescribe things, treatments, osteopathic, massage - where to go on the spine and what to look for etc. In one example during the prescriptive telling, he could see across the lands to a druggists shop and say, you need to get Smoke Oil from there, for instance. The physician contacted the shop only to find out it had none, they did not even know what that was. He would see again and say, check such and such a shelf, its behind other bottles. They found it and shipped it.

Sugrue wrote the book in 1943 (revised 1945).

Sure seemed to be a great deal of hyperdimensional activity around him as a boy.

Hi Voyageur,

As someone that was profoundly affected by the work and selfless nature of Cayce, I sincerely hope that you enjoy and find something of value in the Sugrue book.

If you find that you would like to read further- as biographies go, I would recommend Harmon .H Bro’s ‘A Seer Out of Season’, due also to his academic objectiveness (having written his doctoral thesis on Cayce) and first-hand experience of the man and his family.

Having been given a suite of Cayce works many years ago that were devoured in a fortnight (13 or 14 books……….) may I also suggest that some of the topical ‘Cayce Readers’ could also provide something of interest on specific subjects such as Dreams, Re-incarnation, The Dead Sea Scrolls, Atlantis etc.

That the unveiling and naming of concepts such as Existence as Thought Projection, androgynous incarnation, The Law of One, the terrestrial conflict between Service to Self (Sons of Belial) and Service to Others (Sons of the Law of One) etc. were all expounded through Cayce before the end of WW2, remains in my opinion a service of spectacular significance and timing.

Cheers

gnosisxsophia said:
That the unveiling and naming of concepts such as Existence as Thought Projection, androgynous incarnation, The Law of One, the terrestrial conflict between Service to Self (Sons of Belial) and Service to Others (Sons of the Law of One) etc. were all expounded through Cayce before the end of WW2, remains in my opinion a service of spectacular significance and timing.

The Cs (and, Laura, through her research) had a different take on the Sons of the Law of One and Sons of Belial:

Session 970719 said:
Q: Well, that is out of my depth tonight! In a
previous session I asked a question about the
'sons of Belial' and the 'sons of the law of
One,' as explicated by Edgar Cayce and
whether these were philosophical or racial
divisions. You said that they were initially
racial, and then philosophical and religious.
Now, from putting the information about
religions together throughout the centuries, I
am coming to a rather difficult realization
that the whole monotheistic idea, which is
obviously the basic concept of the 'sons of
the law of One,' is the most clever and
devious and cunning means of control I have
ever encountered in my life. No matter where
it comes from, the religionists say "we have
the ONE god, WE are his agents, you pay us
your money, and we'll tell him to be nice to
you in the next world!"
A: Clever if one is deceived. Silly truffle if
one is not.
Q: Well, I know! But, uncovering this
deception, this lie that the 'power' is 'out
there' is unbelievable. So, the Kantekkians
were the 'Sons of Belial,' which is not the
negative thing that I interpreted it as at the
time. So, the 'Sons of the Law of One,' was
perverted to the monotheistic Judaism, which
then was then transformed into the Christian
religious mythos, and has been an ongoing
theme since Atlantean times.
A: Woven of those who portray the lights.
Q: And that is always the way it has been.
They appear as 'angels of light.' And,
essentially, everything in history has been
rewritten by this group.
A: Under the influence of others. And whom
do you suppose?
Q: Well, the Orion STS.
A: Sending pillars of light and chariots of
fire to deliver the message.

fwiw

voyageur said:
From this thread http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,14061.msg109992.html#msg109992

5. He had what he called when as a boy "play people" that seemed to come to him when his sisters and cousins were not around. They were his own age always. Both girls and sometimes boys at other times. His one sister could also see them.
6. There were other play people who did not want to interact. They, he said, they wanted to only play with the dragonflies. Of the play people, they seemed to emanate or to have been associated with flowers.

Just some corrections: they were called "play folks" not people, and the ones that did not want to play were scared of the water. The play folks, as he stated by Cayce above, emanated from flowers and, from music. When asked by Edgar, where is the music, they said its everywhere. When he aged, indeed they did not keep up as was later pointed point out and then they never appeared again, Edgar said.

gnosisxsophia said:
Hi Voyageur,

As someone that was profoundly affected by the work and selfless nature of Cayce, I sincerely hope that you enjoy and find something of value in the Sugrue book.

Will have to see. Enjoying it so far and will keep the books you mentioned in mind.

Nienna said:
gnosisxsophia said:

The Cs (and, Laura, through her research) had a different take on the Sons of the Law of One and Sons of Belial:

Indeed, trying to keep all this in mind as I read, too.

As an aside, the area of Cayce's family farm was Hopkinsville, Kentucky. And this place comes up in the film Plutocracy with a discussion of the Night Riders against the corporate rulers over the tobacco farmers there. It was also a stopping place along the Trail of Tears, and curiously, it seems to be the epicenter for the solar eclipse (total eclipse) during this coming August. Apparently, Cayce's family at one time owned large sections of land in the area that at some point got split up among them, at least that is what Edgar said.

Hi Nienna,

Nienna said:

Thank you for the reply and yes I had taken note of the opinion offered in the C's session previously, however I did find it rather at odds with what was conveyed through Cayce ?

For example in reference to-

Session 970719 said:
Q: So, the Kantekkians were the 'Sons of Belial,' which is not the negative thing that I interpreted it as at the time...

In contrast and following much perusal of the Atlantis data, it was my observation that the group appeared to be of a rather distinct STS orientation?

From Reading 877-26; May 23, 1938

''..the gratifying, the satisfying, the use of material things for self, without thought or consideration as to the sources of such, nor the hardships in the experience of others. Or, in other words, as we would term it today, they were those without a standard of morality.The Sons of Belial had no standard, save of self, self aggrandizement."

From 2850-1; Nov 14, 1942

''..in Atlantean land during those periods of early rise of Sons of Belial as oppositions that became more and more materialized as the powers were applied for self-aggrandizement."

From 1315-2; Jan 26, 1932

"..in bringing servitude to many through the aggrandizing of those things that pertained to the gratification of material things, material desires in the body."

From 1999-1; Sept 13, 1939

"..when first upheavals were brought about, when the activities of the Sons of Belial brought to the daughters of the Law of One the abilities for enjoying the pleasures of excesses of every nature in human relationship as well as those activities related to same."

From 1968-2; Jan 25, 1940

'' There was an attempt to influence the entity to refrain from associations with the children of Belial. For - compared with the present - the association would be that of a young girl with those who were given to debauchery, or to the satisfying alone of the appetites of every nature."

etc.

Session 970719 said:
...So, the 'Sons of the Law of One,' was perverted to the monotheistic Judaism, which then was then transformed into the Christian religious mythos, and has been an ongoing
theme since Atlantean times.

Correspondingly, Laura has hit the nail on the head regarding the de-railing of early concepts such as Universal consciousness and Creator/soul entering a projection of the mind/spirit - as elucidated through Cayce regarding the Law of One- which were then reformed into the Demiurge / God figurehead of separation.

As an aside, it was via the Cayce channelings, specifically discussions of the 'Red Race', that first gave me a point of reference to digest experiences such as multitudinous dreams of interacting with a red haired people (including what could only be termed 'Giants'), repeated dreams of people named Russell, Russ or Rusty (meaning red hair or red skinned) and lucid body experiences of actually being red skinned and adorned in tattooed senzar.

One can imagine then the wry smile that arose when I first read the C's transcripts discussing red Nordics :)

Cheers

J

I read his Atlantis and it was an eye opening reading, and some things like saying that Egypt after the fall of Atlantis was mix of three races: red, white and native one, and that there was a pact and those from Caucasus took ruling positions is confirmed in genetic studies on pharaon mummies that showed european ancestry. It goes in more details and gives more context to the C s information. But from bigger picture it shows you that things run in circles here.

It is interesting to notice, that Edgar Cayce apparently mentioned Ouspensky in his readings.

In 1925, a Hebrew stock broker asked Edgar Cayce for help with his study of P. D. Ouspensky's book, Tertium Organum. At the end of the reading came this gratuitous comment:

...Ouspensky....was the sage of the mountain in the third generation of the peoples of the Mahabbs in Tibet -- 1777 -- seventh month -- seventh day -- seventh hour -- Mahaba Tarhl and the keeper of the records in the mount.
(900-88, 7/2/25)​

It was to this stream of eastern metaphysics that the Cayce source of information directed four people between 1925 and 1932. A man seeking guidance to prepare himself to become an A.R.E. study-group leader received this response through Cayce:

Q). Outline or suggest material for study and reading, names of books, subjects, etc.
A). With the study first, to be sure, of HIS words -- as He gave, as is recorded, those philosophical experiences of the writers -- as James, as Ouspensky, as those who have followed in the lines of their studies -- as Swedenborg, or the like: but weigh these all well with thine own, for -- as HE has promised -- "I will be your God, will ye [if ye will] be my people...."
(256-4, 08/19/32)​

Another person (307-4) involved with A.R.E. study groups was also told to study Ouspensky. And yet another Hebrew stockbroker (137-88), wondering how to understand his relationship to time and space, was told to study Tertium Organum to help gain the consciousness thereof.

Not sure how reliable this source is.

Edgar Cayce, America's "sleeping prophet," was a Christian and Freemason whose entranced alter claimed to have been a high priest of Egypt named "Ra Ta." Ra Ta predicted an American Golden Age based upon the principals of Freemasonry, linked to the projected opening of a hypothesized "Hall of Records" beneath the Sphynx at the end of the 20th Century.

Edgar Cayce might indeed have been a freemason. Quote: cosmic2 "... Was Edgar Cayce a Freemason? In the 1997 A.R.E. publication 'The Lost Memoirs of Edgar Cayce' edited by Robert Smith, we read on page 56 that Edgar quit school at the age of 22 (one has to be at least 21 to join the Masons) to join his father Leslie in peddling insurance for the Fraternal Insurance Co. to other Freemasons around the state of Kentucky. Employees of this company were required to be Freemasons. It was also at this time that Cayce and his father opened several Masonic Lodges in the area to facilitate insurance sales, among other things. The following quote of Cayce's is to be found on page 159 of Lytle W. Robinson's 1979 book, Is It True What They Say About Edgar Cayce:

"...with the changes that will be wrought, true Americanism, the universal thought that is expressed and manifested in the brotherhood of man, as in the Masonic Order, will be the eventual rule in the settlement of affairs in the world." (from: Lytle E. Robinson, Is It True What They Say About Edgar Cayce?, NY: Berkley Books, 1979, p. 159. Information on Edgar Cayce and Freemasonry courtesy of Mark Owen.)

Edgar Cayce on the Masonic Order "The paperback book Edgar Cayce on Prophecy, published in 1967 by Carter, is a short compilation on the probable realities available to Cayce through the Akashic records, we are informed. Chapter 7, Destiny of Nations, opens as follows, The peace of the world will be shaped upon the American ideals and those of the masonic order! " Not that the world is to become a Masonic Order," Cayce explained, but that the ideals will prevail."

When you are in a Masonic Lodge, you have to undergo certain rituals and initiations. And these are "great" opportunities to beome possessed by entities.

Well, it seems like, Edgar Cayce was/is genuine prophet.

Q: (L) What was the source of knowledge accessed by Edgar Cayce?

A: Well, he had a unique biochemical composition which allowed for easy opening and closing of his consciousness from outside sources without interference with his electromagnetic flow stream. It is a very unique and unusual situation. The first manifestation of this was when he asked for help. If he had not asked for help from a higher source, possibly his awareness of his abilities would never have come forth.

Q: (L) What is the Great White Brotherhood that Cayce was referring to?

A: Various STO.

Q: (L) Do they identify themselves as the Great White Brotherhood?

A: Sometimes.

Q: (L) If they are not the "Great White Brotherhood," what are they?

A: Fourth density STO.

Q: (L) What is their purpose or work?

A: Complex, suggest you wait and see.

Q: (L) Are we going to be contacted by the Great White Brotherhood?

A: Maybe

A: Global warming, a part of the human experiential cycle.

Q: (L) I read where Edgar Cayce said that a slight increase in global temperature would make hurricanes something like 5 times stronger... given a baseline temperature. Does this mean we are going to have stronger and more frequent hurricanes?

A: Yes.

(L) Well, Edgar Cayce said that World War III would start in the Middle East or thereabouts and that Syria and Turkey and all this was involved. I don't remember the exact details of what was said. But it really looks like they're gonna try to push it to that direction.

A: Or other "world" events may intervene.

Q: (L) Such as comets or weather or something?

A: Yes

Q: (S) Was Edgar Cayce's readings on colors...

A: Reading anything requires accessing "higher levels" of understanding which are fluid, not concrete and absolute.

Cayce spoke of Russia’s role as being the ‘hope of the world’ in a coming time such as this:

“In Russia there comes the hope of the world, not as that sometimes termed of the communistic, or Bolshevik, no; but freedom, freedom! That each man will live for his fellow man! The principle has been born. It will take years for it to be crystallised, but out of Russia comes again the hope of the world.”
(Edgar Cayce, 1944, No. 3976-29)

Back
Top Bottom