Emotion - The mitochondria of the being

Menna

The Living Force
Why is the emotional center the most powerful ? why does the emotional center have such a strong overreaching effect on the other centers and organism as a whole ? In my experience if I can remember to control my emotional center I feel closer to home in my body. What is the emotional center made of from an esoteric standpoint ? what does it contain that gives it this grasp on the other centers? What in its make up gives it the powerhouse of the being ? What does it have that sets it apart from the other centers?

I'm not sure that these questions are very conducive to figuring things out, since first, you would need to define "emotional center", and then be able to determine its real role/"power", both at a material and at a spiritual level. Based on our recent reading list, I don't think its definition and description are as clear cut anymore.

I suggest that you catch up a bit and read some material, if you haven't done so already. It will give you a good basis from which to build your questions, IMO.

You can see here:
"The Dopaminergic Mind" by Fred Previc
The Strange Order of Things, by Antonio Damasio

Those are just two books, with their ensuing discussions, but do have a look at the full list of the new recommended literature here:
Recommended Books: List and Guide

There's also Molecules Of Emotion: The Science Behind Mind-Body Medicine, by Candace Perts.

I second what Chu wrote. No point in talking about emotions unless you know exactly what they are. Never before in recorded history have people had the opportunities we have now to TRULY KNOW OUR MACHINE by close and careful study of new scientific discoveries. As Fulcanelli said, it is Science that will save us - but TRUE science, and that means knowing how to read and weed.

Ok, to narrow down my question.

I believe IME my emotional center is stronger or has a stronger force than my intellectual or physical center (it is the horse and my other centers have trouble with the reins). I can see this in others thus my questions. What "material" for lack of a better word is the emotional center made up of that the other centers are not? What makes it different? Why in me and others does the emotional center have a stronger pull on the human organism than the other centers?

I think I will order "Molecules of Emotion" as I need a good practical book in my life.

(I posted this in the C's section because they have insight that no 3D Author can have and I believe knowing the emotional center from a completely different perspectives along with reading the up to date scientific books gives one an unique perspectives. Combing the two (1)esoteric view and (2)scientific view is paramount and will lead to better understanding that will help - of course I have to do my part and learn the up to date science)

My logic - If I understand the hardest part than the easier parts fall in line - However I could be off with this.

Last edited:
I think you'd so a lot better following the recently recommended books. Molecules of Emotion is SO outdated!

Ok, to narrow down my question.

I believe IME my emotional center is stronger or has a stronger force than my intellectual or physical center (it is the horse and my other centers have trouble with the reins). I can see this in others thus my questions. What "material" for lack of a better word is the emotional center made up of that the other centers are not? What makes it different? Why in me and others does the emotional center have a stronger pull on the human organism than the other centers?

The answer to that has nothing "esoteric" as such. When you understand how powerful evolutionary drives and chemicals are, then you know why your "emotional center" is so strong and you have trouble disciplining your mind and body. But that has VERY little to do with a real Being.

I repeat the suggestion from earlier on: at least try to read those two links I sent you, and you'll see why this is very common, and actually problematic unless one makes efforts to master it.

Combing the two (1)esoteric view and (2)scientific view is paramount and will lead to better understanding that will help

Sure, but read the thread about Damasio's book for more comments regarding this.

My logic - If I understand the hardest part than the easier parts fall in line - However I could be off with this.

The problem I see with that is that you are assuming a lot. It's actually easier to think that one understands things that cannot be proved, and overlook the obvious but difficult to grasp because it hurts the ego, our self-image, and lots of lies to the self.

I am going to order "The Strange Order of Things" - Damasio ... If anyone thinks there is a better book I should start with first let me know .Thanks

I am going to order "The Strange Order of Things" - Damasio ... If anyone thinks there is a better book I should start with first let me know .Thanks

Check the links Chu posted.

Thanks I will order the newer E book. I’m thinking about my thought/question to be more concise:

My emotional center has a affect on my being that my intellectual and physical center does not. I can catch my lower intellectual and physical center in action however I feel my emotional center runs in the background undetectable or not as detectable as the other two thus having an affect that I can not catch until something is done and I reflect on action... My aim is to be able to see the emotional center before the action occurres

Hope the book and forthcoming diolog will bring to the surface what is in the foreground

Your sex cakra deal with emotional center part of the pieces that create intention/drive in creation along with will/backbone and right knowing/solar plexus. Emotional distortions usually deal with your unconscious mind which make the process of intentional purification and development long (if in denial even better very profitable for the shrink in billable hours and medicine). If you are trying to gain balance/inner peace it is best that you let the situation flow freely rather than anticipating/controlling it (living in now). As it occur you ask what is causing that reaction and why. Being sto actually require a lot of self discipline and self analysis/reflection is a very useful tool. Same kind of things you do during meditation if you are novice you listen to noise in your head that keep on coming up to understand what is it trying to tell you. Well most of us don't like to meditate or exercise so there is always other methods achieving same results.
PS: when it comes to spiritual matter your soul isn't actually a measurable thing like scientific experiment everything you need to know is inside of you if you just listen.

Reactions: Ina
“Feelings are the mental expression of homeostasis”

This gem of information is on page 6. This rings true in me and logically makes sense. If one has a though it is then balanced with feeling to bring the centers into balance. Just like our body removes waste products to do the same thing it’s a natural part of the organism balancing itself and I know that we know this already that we should not act on every feeling. This information drives home this point as feeling are used by the body for survival not as action items. I will continue reading this quote above as information that will help me. So much wasted energy acting on the excrement of the mental

I'm glad to see that you are reading it Menna. It should clarify quite a few points for you.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but just in case, I think it's important to see it both ways, apart from what you described, so that one doesn't mix up "true" and "false" emotions, or deeper emotions vs. "gut feelings":

Often, clear thinking can remove the "emotional junk" as well. What you may experience as a deep feeling, for example, may be due to a "homeostatic need" (e.g. your gut being imbalanced, or hormones, something off in the environment). It could be felt as an emotion (sadness, anger, etc.), while in fact it's just a reading from that environment, interpreted as a deep emotion. So, it can be false, and that's when the intellect and knowledge of your physical body come in handy. OSIT.

Back
Top Bottom