Evangelical sexual tryst exposed

Rabelais

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
"Evangelical sexual tryst exposed" is from a list of C's predictions from the 12-3-1994 session.

The John Ensign scandal, involving the attempted cover up by his evangelical "family" at the Washington DC, "C Street" exclusive residence for "Christian" politicians would seem to fit nicely into this.

_http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2009/07/21/c_street

It is interestingly appropriate that this hit involves the "C Street house". Although this took place two years ago, the reverberations are still being felt politically in the state of Oklahoma from which two other C Streeters hail, Senators Coburn and Inhofe. These two made Oklahoma the only state in the country in which both senators voted for torture. Righteous Christians, eh?

anart said:
There have been a few that match that prediction, actually - Ted Haggard is another.

Yup... and when it comes to politics and religion merged, its almost a given that sexual impropriety is not far behind. I just remembered this C's quote because I saw a current Oklahoma news story which made reference to their local embarrassments in DC. Oklahoma is no stranger to Elmer Gantrys. It is the buckle of the bible belt.

From the Salon link -
But David Coe, Doug Coe's son and heir apparent, calls himself simply a friend to men such as John Ensign, whom he guided through the coverup of his affair. I met the younger Coe when I lived for several weeks as a member of the Family. He's a surprising source of counsel, spiritual or otherwise. Attempting to explain what it means to be chosen for leadership like King David was -- or Mark Sanford, according to his own estimate -- he asked a young man who'd put himself, body and soul, under the Family's authority, "Let's say I hear you raped three little girls. What would I think of you?" The man guessed that Coe would probably think that he was a monster. "No," answered Coe, "I wouldn't." Why? Because, as a member of the Family, he's among what Family leaders refer to as the "new chosen." If you're chosen, the normal rules don't apply.

Truly scary pathological types. As randy as Haggart, et al, but nearly within reach of the nuclear football.

Back
Top Bottom