Failed Trump Assassination Attempt

Trump looked ok after the event - shaken and angry but did not look like he was seriously wounded, but perhaps he is bleeding around / above his ear a little?

He walked off stage with his 'shield' of bodyguards, did his fist pump - but man, he looked really really pissed.
He was walking a bit funny but I think that was partly the shock.

It looks like something may have grazed his hat / ear because he raised his hand to his head in the speech and then dropped to the ground.

The appearance of being shot in the chest was because someone was holding his red hat - it looked for a moment like he had blood all over his chest - but it was just his red hat in the bodyguards hand.

They apparently have taken someone into custody.

Just saw this on twitter and came here... Saying prayers for Trump. I know not to be stampeded and take many breaths and heed what Joe was saying at the end of the last C's session, but it looked like Trump was mouthing "Fight!" a couple times in the video. And you know what, my sentiment is that maybe it is time for that...

Whoa. Trump can't lose now.

This is how CNN is covering this right now:
  • JUST IN: Former President Donald Trump was rushed off stage after loud bangs were heard and he fell to the ground at the start of a rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, Saturday night.
  • It was not immediately clear what occurred, but Trump was swarmed by Secret Service agents and was rushed away from the scene. Blood could be seen on Trump’s face, and he raised a fist to the crowd as he was rushed away.
  • This incident came after a busy day of campaigning for both Trump and President Joe Biden in the 2024 presidential race.
He fell? I think they confused him with Biden. These people can't even bring themselves to say that it looks like an assassination attempt. Link for the records: https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/election-biden-trump-07-13-24/index.html

He might have covered his ear because of the shot(s) sound and got scratches when the body guards pushed him to the ground and covered him. Just a possibility. There will be more detailed reports soon, I believe.
I don't know, he flinches and grabs his ear just after the first of the shots and before he goes down. It really does look like something hit him in the ear. And people behind him are taking cover as best they can. Really does look like an apparent assassination attempt but I am leaving it open for other possibilities. Wouldn't put it past the US circus of a political establishment, Trump included, to try to fake an assassination attempt to bolster their election prospects.

Back
Top Bottom