Fall of the house of usher

SOTTREADER

The Living Force
I thought the underlying story here was an interesting one and also the execution as well.

Good dialogue in places, a good mystery underpinning the whole show with a sprinkling of the mystical to keep it all interesting. It definitely explores themes of power, greed and all those things that people become if they have money / power, no conscience and a license to do as they please with impunity, at least for a while before the bill comes due. It's not a horror, though the official trailer might make it appear that way.

The only negative is as per usual, they overly sexualise the show (think first season of Game of Thrones) which I suppose makes it a product of the current times. For this reason I don't think it'll interest a lot but it might a few.

Teaser trailer

The show incorporates many stories by E. A. Poe into the story of the Usher family. The over-arching theme is choices, entitlement, and consequences. The tone of the series is uneven with interesting dialogues here and there. The scenes between the Usher patriarch and the attorney in particular are well acted. One feels sorry for the fate of the granddaughter though.

Back
Top Bottom