Feedback on SOTT articles

adam7117

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
Hello,

At the moment, it is only possible to leave reader comments against SOTT articles. Would it be possible to provide feedback in the form of an emoticon, please? For example, Thumbs Up.

There's this area at the bottom of each article where you can like or share :-)

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 1.25.16 am.png

Hello,

At the moment, it is only possible to leave reader comments against SOTT articles. Would it be possible to provide feedback in the form of an emoticon, please? For example, Thumbs Up.

Hi adam, what do you mean with "it is only possible to leave reader comments against SOTT articles"? But there are some emoticons available (see attachment).

Attachments

• example smiley.jpg
    example smiley.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 11
Hi @Gawan,

By this I mean having functionality similar to the Cassiopaea Forum. Here, I have an option to Like a post in several ways, depending on the emotion I am expressing. For example, "Thumbs Up" for a simple "Got It". Or a laughing icon to express my amusement.

I think it would be nice to have an option to provide feedback like that on SOTT articles. It is just an idea.

Does this clarify my question for you? :-)

Thank you for your clarification and now I understand what you mean. Don't know if it is technically possible and I only remember that many years back (about 2008) a similar system was available on Sott where you could vote for an article but in the end it was not so useful. But it is many years back and was a different system.

I don't think it would help. Better to spend a bit more time to write a short positive feedback, even if it is just 'thank you', to the comment section then have those buttons as on the forum. On the forum it does the job and saves space if you have nothing more to add but for SOTT, imho, it's much better if you like & share via social media or write a comment below the article. You could get a wave of trolls with those 'dopamine buttons'.

You could get a wave of trolls with those 'dopamine buttons'.

That could be addressed with technology - e.g., allowing a single vote per article for the registered users only. It could actually increase reader engagement, especially in those cases where there is reluctance to post a comment. But I do see your point, that energy could be better spent differently.

Thanks for responding.

:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom