Feelings of pressure between the eyes

S

seekingObjectivity

Over the past few days I've been having this feeling of pressure between my eyes and above my eyebrows. It feels as though somebody is pressing their thumb onto the center of my forehead. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this might be?

seekingObjectivity said:
Over the past few days I've been having this feeling of pressure between my eyes and above my eyebrows. It feels as though somebody is pressing their thumb onto the center of my forehead. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this might be?
yes its what some people call the ''third eye'' I have had the exact same experience, and it only happend when I was reading the wave or anything related to ''the work''.

I think the meaning of that pressure is that your higher intellect is ''waking up'' or something, but you should not pay much attention too it. the more you read about the wave Gurdieff,don juan etc will make it go away eventually.

Adam, your recent post raises a few questions in my mind.

Adam said:
I think the meaning of that pressure is that your higher intellect is ''waking up'' or something,
What is your source for this idea?

I have read other ideas about the third eye. In certain meditations one is instructed to concentrate on, sometimes to focus the physical eyes on the third eye, with a view to opening the third eye, whatever may mean.

Adam said:
…but you should not pay much attention too it.
Do you have a source for this idea? From experience I tend to agree with you, but I am interested to know where you found this.

Adam said:
…the more you read about the wave Gurdieff,don juan etc will make it go away eventually.
I think this presupposes that it is desirable to make it go away. How do we know that this is so? I have had similar experiences with sensations in the third eye area. I don't pay too much attention to them, although it's quite relaxing to place one's concentration there, similar to concentrating in the hara.

I have read other ideas about the third eye. In certain meditations one is instructed to concentrate on, sometimes to focus the physical eyes on the third eye, with a view to opening the third eye, whatever may mean.
session 020713 wrote:

A: No. The "sexual center" corresponds to the solar plexus.

Lower moving center - basal chakra
Lower emotional - sexual chakra
Lower intellectual - throat chakra
Higher emotional - heart chakra
Higher intellectual - crown chakra

Q: (L) What about the so-called seventh, or "third eye" chakra?
A: Seer. The union of the heart and intellectual higher centers.
As you can see the C's mentioned the ''third eye'' as an intellectual higher center, so thats why I think that if you feel pressure on your forhead ''the third eye'' has some connection with your ''higer intellectual'' waking up?

Do you have a source for this idea? From experience I tend to agree with you, but I am interested to know where you found this.
When I had this experience I asked myself if it was usefull for me in anyway to help me with increasing my knowledge, and I do not see it as something usefull, so I see it as distraction and therefore I pay no attention to it.

in this topic the ''third eye'' is discussed http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=2168

I think this presupposes that it is desirable to make it go away. How do we know that this is so? I have had similar experiences with sensations in the third eye area. I don't pay too much attention to them, although it's quite relaxing to place one's concentration there, similar to concentrating in the hara.
I wonder why you think it makes me desirable to make it go away? I just don't want to pay attention to it, and yes I see your point just because it went away it does not mean that it is because of the fact that I was reading books related to ''the work'' but just because I do not pay much attention to it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom