Festival Food?

Timey

Jedi Master
Hey everyone.

I'm going to a five day music festival next week, and I'm hoping for a bit of insight to help me stick to the diet while I'm there. I am sorted for breakfast, as they sell bacon there, and I can just fry it up. Its more lunch and dinner I'm a bit stuck with. Not sure if I should cook stuff and bring it along (there is no refrigeration) or just see what I can buy at the little communal super market. All I'm sure of at the moment is that I can just take some nuts as a snack.

Any suggests are greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Canned stuff and dried meats is something to consider.

If you have a cooler bag, you can make a few meals, and freeze them, which probably is going to stay cool enough the first 2 days. Eggs (uncooked) will stay fresh for long periods without being refrigerated, so if there is a frying pan or a pot, there is a solution.

Other than these options, I suppose there's going to be somewhere in the festival area where they serve meats that haven't been messed too much with; or at least the possibility of asking whether they could do such a thing.

Out of curiosity; what festival are you going to? :)

Take sardines and canned oysters. Eat just meat and a bit of salad. Bacon and eggs for breakfast. If in a tough situation, order a hamburger without the bun or throw the bun away. It is actually easy to stay on the diet when eating out.

Thank you guys. It'll be a mixed of canned stuff and bacon, I think, with emergency burger patties if needed. Also, I'm sure that there will be some stalls that do paleo friendly food. Think I will be relying on the bacon though.

liffy said:
Out of curiosity; what festival are you going to? :)

Leeds Festival. Third year there! :D

Nice!

Next week I'm going to the "Beef Festival" in Inverness, Qc.

The first night is going to be spaghetti (so I'll just pass on that lame stuff) but the next day is going to be BBQ time.

Mmmm, BBQ. Also we're going to eat 100% natural meat that have been produced just prior to the festival. So it's going to be as fresh as freshness itself can be.

I have been to that village this week-end for an African music show and food. That was very nice. I like a lot to discover other cultures and especially to meet these guys and talk with them. They were very nice.

Back
Top Bottom