Finally back in Oz from Europe

Lindenlea

The Living Force
Hello,

Finally able to write about my holiday to Europe, Egypt and Dubai (an Emirates airlines stopover).

Dubai was very hot especially on the return stopover as it was mid July. It’s a bit like Las Vegas meets Arabia, all this high rise and city life in the desert, though it is coastal and has beaches and resorts.

Egypt was the regular tourist package to Cairo and the Nile cruise, it was very impressive and everything I imagined it to be, though I did not feel the connection to it I had hoped for, which was disappointing, but maybe that was due to being sick for a few days with a chest infection.

Europe was wonderful , especially Prague and Budapest – the architecture was beautiful and walking around was very easy, most of the other cities I visited were return trips, though Santorini was a first visit – all those poor tired donkeys were so sad.

I had organised the itinerary so I could spend more time in France. Paris was as lovely as ever, most of the sightseeing was done by the Batobus (hop on hop off) along the river Seine. By this time (late May) the weather was improving and it was finally warming up, as it had been unseasonably cold in Europe.

Next it was on to Southern France to Nimes which was a delight with all the Roman remains. Then to Toulouse which was mainly a base for visiting Auch and Bordeaux, both of which I liked very much, Bordeaux is definitely a city I could live in. Auch Cathedral was truly beautiful, especially all those stained glass windows, so many of them, not forgetting the incredible work on the choir stalls, as Laura has pointed out previously and was part of the inspiration for my trip.

The rest of the time was spent in England with family and friends, which is always the main reason for my visits. Surprisingly during my last few weeks in England it was very warm and most enjoyable.

The good news is I didn’t have to go through any Backscatter Machines at the airports, and of the 7 flights I had to take in Europe, none of them were affected by the ash clouds, I was so lucky.

Well, the holiday is well and truly over and I have to begin the real ‘work’, having procrastinated too long, I have a lot to do. Hoping to post more often and keep up with happenings.

Back
Top Bottom