Fire in the sky - Oort cloud

Joe

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Saw this:

http://eoas-dreric1kansas.blogspot.com/2006/12/history-channel-meteors-fire-in-sky.html

History Channel "(Meteors) Fire in the Sky" &"Comets: Prophecy of Doom"

I know it is History Channel and it has some shows that are historical but in this case they are mostly science, astronomy, geology and more, in my way of thinking. Well the two shows "(Meteors) Fire in the Sky" and "Comets: Prophecy of Doom" snuck up on us late 12/28 when my wife noticed it on the HC. It had played earlier that evening so I hope some of you saw it or may see it.
(Meteors) Fire in the Sky included meteorite harvesting in Antarctica, finding ancient meteor craters in Europe, the comet discovery and hit by Comet Shoemaker- Levy on Jupiter, Near Earth Objects (NEOs) and demise of the dinosaurs.

"Comets: Prophecy of Doom" showed information about the history of Comet appearances in the sky and impact with the Earth. It starts off the simulation/ scenario in which pieces of a approaching unseen comet flake off the start to hit Los Angeles. Includes differences and likeness of meteors, meteorites, comets and asteroids.

Both are well done and include real and simulated footage, footage by scientists, astronomers including David Levy, Carolyn Shoemaker and others.
and then this, which is a scientific study conducted in 1998 by the Oxford Uni Dept. of Physics and Armagh Observatory and only released recently to the public (for purchase):

Giant Comets, Evolution and Civilization

Evidence for the periodic incidence of large-scale terrestrial phenomena has grown substantially during the past 70 years. The periodic value '.26 million years, moreover, is strikingly close to the interval between successive Solar System crossings of the Galactic plane, a fact which suggests that there might exist a predictable celestial mechanism which exerts a control over such fundamental processes as the evolution of life. In spite of its scientific and human importance, however, it is only during the last quarter of the present century that the physical aspects of the galacto-terrestrial relationship have ceased to be enigmatic.

Thus, whereas until the mid-1970's, the Oort cloud was generally thought of as a stable, primordial system essentially not influenced by its Galactic environment, it now appears that sequences of giant comets perturbed into Earth-crossing orbits by periodically varying tidal forces of Galactic origin are the probable key to terrestrial evolutionary processes
both of which may be indicative of 2007 being the year when comets come center stage, to one extent or another. Time will tell

Joe

I went to see if they're showing again soon (the HC show) and didn't find them listed, but I found this:

http://www.history.com/shows.do?action=detail&episodeId=203389

Last Days on Earth

Could the human race become suddenly extinct? We count down seven ways in which the world as we know it could meet an abrupt and untimely end, from a mammoth asteroid strike to the eruption of a super volcano. What would happen as computers literally become trillions of times smarter than we are--would they program our mass murder? Scientists, experts, and witnesses describe these and other vividly pictured disaster scenarios, from super bugs created in secret labs to black holes that could suck earth into oblivion. Using state-of-the-art computer-generated graphics and interviews with the world's top scientists, we will leave viewers pondering humanity's place in the universe and will reveal the most terrifying truth of all--that our greatest enemy is ourselves.

Rating: TVPG

Running Time: 120 minutes
No need to be alarmed, the big enemy is us. Go back to sleep now and when awake, don't be your own enemy. Blah blah blah.

Anyway, it's showing on

Saturday, December 30 10:00 PM

Sunday, December 31 02:00 AM

Sunday, December 31 05:00 PM

I think the times are EST

Last night, the History Channel was airing a show on the Anti-Christ and the End Times. I didn't watch it, but I heard it from where I was sitting, and they said something to the effect of: "more and more people believe that the End Times may come very soon."

From the schedule for last night:
(http://www.history.com/schedule.do?action=daily&start=1167440400000&end=1167445800000)
The Antichrist: Part 1.

How would you recognize the most evil person on Earth? According to many historical texts, you should look for a brilliant, enigmatic public figure who transforms the world for good--for a while. Basically, the last person you'd tap as Satan's human emissary. While many believe the Antichrist has come and gone, just as many believe he will soon arrive, if he's not already in our midst. Join us for harrowing look at an evil so obscure that he answers only to Satan. Real? Our group of prophecy believers and historical experts help sort it out. We follow the emergence of the Antichrist from pre-Judaic texts, through the Book of Daniel and Revelation, into Christian writings of the Middle Ages, and other religious traditions as well. Aided by interviewees both religious and secular, comprised of eminent clergy, scholars, historians, psychologists, and culture makers, we'll examine the evil enigma from every conceivable angle.
It's interesting that they're airing so many global catastrophe related shows... almost to get people used to the idea.

EDIT: Check out this Line-Up for tomorrow, starting at 5:00pm ET...
05:00 PM Last Days on Earth
07:00 PM Decoding the Past: Mayan Doomsday Prophecy:
08:00 PM Siberian Apocalypse

It seems that by "muddying the waters" with so many different End Times shows, they're trying to 1) incite fears AKA food, and/or 2) really confuse and discourage people, thus putting them to sleep by essentially preventing them from trying to find the Truth...

Yep, just cranked up the old tv and checked out the History Channel - right now, it's Nostradamus Then and Now (how can it be now??? =) ) - and next up is End of Days - sheesh.

I was watching it for a few minutes and if it weren't so filled with what comes across as major disinfo, it might be interesting....again -- sheesh.

I always get the feeling, when I watch television shows like this, that my mind is being poisoned - they present facts and gloss them in lies to fit what they want the audience to believe - overall a really negative feeling from it - but these days any time I actually spend in front of the television, I come away feeling a bit nauseated and foggy - once I turn it off, the nausea disappears - funny how that works.

To Shizo's point, I also think the discouragement is a factor - there is this 'oh, that was on tv' mentality that removes the person who says it away from the topic - the same mechanism that works with 'oh, that was in a movie' - as if, since it was on tv or in a movie, it cannot in any way, shape, or form, be true. Fascinating tactic, that - although with the specific theories they are presenting this evening, it's probably more accurate than not.

So - we have psuedo-Saddam psuedo-executed in a rushed, two bit theatre, we have academic acknowledgement of the Oort Cloud's 'probable' impact on life on earth, and we have an american dollar that is worth just a little bit less than the paper it is printed on - interesting times, these.

;)

anart said:
I always get the feeling, when I watch television shows like this, that my mind is being poisoned - they present facts and gloss them in lies to fit what they want the audience to believe - overall a really negative feeling from it - but these days any time I actually spend in front of the television, I come away feeling a bit nauseated and foggy - once I turn it off, the nausea disappears - funny how that works.
Same here. Ever since I found the Cass sites and REALLY got into the readings of Gurdjieff, Laura, and SOTT in general i.e. objective knowledge, I have been avoiding the TV because of this same feeling of "uneasiness" and, as you say, nausea ... almost as if the TV had generated a bad/dark aura, so to speak, and my spiritual "instinct" is saying, quite strongly, "GET AWAY, DON'T WATCH." Or maybe, I'm just getting more sensitive to the subjective garbage that's pretty much always emanating from the tube. I can almost feel it "closing" my mind...

EDIT: I wanted to add that the negative feeling is especially strong during commercials. Maybe I can feel the subliminal messages messing with my mind?

Many "maybe"s, it seems. I wonder, is there any data available regarding this phenomenon? I'm sure it wouldn't be publicly announced nor research in this area well-funded, considering the implications. How many other forum members experience similar things with regards to television?

Don't forget the Tunguska Apocalypse show on History Channel, also recently aired. And the Bible Code shows, the massive number of UFO and other natural-disaster shows ...

Check out this one. If 1 in 4 expect him, he better put in an appearance!

AP Poll Finds Worries About 2007, 1 in 4 Expect Second Coming of Jesus

December 31, 2006
AP

NEW YORK Another terrorist attack, a warmer planet, death and destruction from a natural disaster. These are among Americans' grim predictions for the United States in 2007.

But on a brighter note, only a minority of people think the U.S. will go to war with Iran or North Korea over the countries' nuclear ambitions. An overwhelming majority thinks Congress will raise the federal minimum wage. A third sees hope for a cure to cancer.

These are among the findings of an Associated Press-AOL News poll that asked Americans to gaze into their crystal balls and contemplate what 2007 holds for the country.

Click to Expand Article

Six in 10 people think the U.S. will be the victim of another terrorist attack next year, more than five years after the Sept. 11 assault on New York and Washington. An identical percentage think it is likely that bad guys will unleash a biological or nuclear weapon elsewhere in the world.

There is plenty of gloom to accompany all of that doom.

Seventy percent of Americans predict another major natural disaster within the United States and an equal percentage expect worsening global warming. Fewer than one-third of people, or 29 percent, think it is likely that the U.S. will withdraw its troops from Iraq.

Among other predictions for the U.S. in 2007:

-- Slightly more than one-third, or 35 percent, of Americans predict the military draft will be reinstated.

-- One in four, 25 percent, anticipates the second coming of Jesus Christ.

The telephone poll of 1,000 adults was conducted Dec. 12-14 by Ipsos, an international polling firm. The margin of sampling error was plus or minus three percentage points.

Joe said:
Check out this one. If 1 in 4 expect him, he better put in an appearance!
I will be cynical for a moment: Karl Rove is negotiating with his agent right now to have the J-man swear in GWB for the third time and wash his feet of course.

domivr said:
I will be cynical for a moment: Karl Rove is negotiating with his agent right now to have the J-man swear in GWB for the third time and wash his feet of course.
and then later he can overturn tables and throw them all out of the temple that is the Casa Blanca :-)

Joe

Back
Top Bottom