Fireball tally from American Meteor Society

I'll write them the E-Mail this week. Hopefully they will know more and can maybe correct it if it is indeed a problem in their data base. At this point it indeed looks like they have a bug there.

I've send them the description of the problem now. Let's see.

WATCH Meteorite Soars Over Siberian City

Residents of the Russian city of Krasnoyarsk in eastern Siberia noticed an object in the sky, believed to be a meteorite. It flew over the city at about 19:00 (15:00 Moscow time) on Saturday, 6 April.

"We saw something fast-flowing and burning in the atmosphere with a luminous green trace from the Central District; it literally lasted about five seconds," a local resident told the publication Prospect Mira.

The object was also spotted from the nearby communities of Kansk, Sosnovoborsk and Zheleznogorsk. Some eyewitnesses reported that they heard claps and even an explosion.

In January 2019, a fireball was observed near the Greenland town of Nuuk. The even was recently communicated in this release: Ildkuglen over Nuuk which has a video of poor quality, but it lights up the area so it becomes visible, before returning to polar darkness.

Based on eyewitness accounts, photos and video footage from Nuuk, and from inspection vessel Lauge Koch it is most likely that the fireball started to the east of Nuuk, and continued westward over Akia (Nordlandet), before ending in the sea.

The fireball was not included in the recently updated list of significant fireballs from NASA's center for the study of objects close to the Ground. That means the brightness from the fireball has been too small to make NASA's list. NASA has access to satellite observations that are not freely available.
[...]

https://youtu.be/QSOywclDUhg
The meteor on this video was recorded over Spain on 2019 April 12 at 5:06 local time (equivalent to 3:06 universal time). It was generated by a rock from an asteroid that hit the atmosphere at about 65,000 km/h. It began over the province of Cáceres at an altitude of about 91 km, and ended over the province of Ávila at a height of around 35 km. The event was recorded in the framework of the SMART project (University of Huelva), operated by the Southwestern Europe Meteor Network (SWEMN), from the meteor-observing stations located at La Hita (Toledo) and Sevilla.

I've send them the description of the problem now. Let's see.

I was just told that it is being investigated and that they will get back to me ASAP and that it might be related to a cachs issue as they cache the results of frequent queries to limit the server load.

I was just told that it is being investigated and that they will get back to me ASAP and that it might be related to a cachs issue as they cache the results of frequent queries to limit the server load.

They just informed me that there was indeed a cache bug and that it should be fixes by now. I had a look and yes the problem seems to have been fixed. Looks like I'll be able to update the graphs now, which I'm rather happy about and looking forward to.

They just informed me that there was indeed a cache bug and that it should be fixes by now. I had a look and yes the problem seems to have been fixed. Looks like I'll be able to update the graphs now, which I'm rather happy about and looking forward to.

Great job for bringing this issue to their attention. I am glad they have fixed the bug and I look forward to seeing your updated graphs Pashalis. It sure seems like it is getting busier out there! 🎆

Very bright meteor fireball fragments over Krasnoyarsk, Russia - Third such event in four months -- Sott.net

HUGE meteor exploded over Russia's Far East in December last year - Blast was 10 times more powerful than Hiroshima -- Sott.net

A little one in my local area...

https://static.ffx.io/images/$width_1024/t_resize_width/q_86,f_auto/013798dc83185da6e7636f559fc4d5906e868b46

"Craig Turton wasn't expecting to capture the magnificence of a plummeting meteor when he ventured to a North Pine dam north of Brisbane with his cameras on Saturday night.

Thousands of south-east Queenslanders saw or heard the meteor, which struck just after 10 pm.
Social media lit up with people having seen the flash, or felt their homes rumble or shake from its impact, particularly north and west of Brisbane.
The meteor is likely due to the "Taurid Swarm", a cloud of debris leftover from a massive comet that is thought to have been responsible for cataclysmic collisions in the past, such as the notorious Tunguska event in Russia.
2000 square kilometres of Siberian forest was flattened by a suspected meteor during that incident in June 1908.

The Earth passes close to the Taurid Swarm twice a year, with increased meteor activity in June/July and October.
But we're currently the closest we've been to the swarm since 1975, with astronomers using the opportunity to study the debris cloud for any potential objects that could be a risk to the Earth in the future."

This article caught my eye. A 10 foot long meteor hit south of Puerto Rico last week. And what really startled me was that the article at the end acknowledges that this happens about twice a year! That sounds very much like what Clube and Napier were saying years ago and which was met with a stony silence from the science community.

Here is the article:

Kaboom! Massive Asteroid With Force of 5-Kiloton Bomb Lands South of Puerto Rico (Video)
CC0
SOCIETY
22:15 26.06.2019Get short URL
Astronomers confirmed this week that an 10-foot-long asteroid struck Earth and landed just south of Puerto Rico on June 22, producing energy equivalent to roughly 3 to 5 kilotons of TNT.
According to EarthSky, the big impact unfolded at roughly 5:25 p.m. EDT some 170 miles south of the hurricane-battered Island of Enchantment. Despite the high amount of energy emitted by the space rock’s strike, no injuries or fatalities are thought to have resulted from the incident.

Aside from the fireworks-like display put on by the space rock, which was recently named Asteroid 2019 MO, the most striking fact about its descent on Earth was that it was detected prior to its impact.
Astronomer Peter Brown noted in a recent tweet that an infrasound station located in Bermuda managed to pick up airwaves that the flying rock produced upon its entry into Earth’s atmosphere.

Incidentally, it was also detected by the Asteroid Terrestrial-impact Last Alert System in Hawaii. Per amateur astronomer Ernesto Guido, there have only been four incidents in which an asteroid has been observed prior to its impact.
Osiris-Rex
© NASA .
Say Cheese! NASA Snaps Closest View Ever of Asteroid Bennu (PHOTO)

“The first time it happened was with asteroid 2008 TC3, the second was with asteroid 2014 AA, [and] the third was 2018 LA that impacted Earth on 02 June 2018,” Guido explains in a blog post. “Another space impacting object discovered prior to its to atmospheric entry was WT1190F but it is thought to have been a space debris, possibly the translunar injection module of Lunar Prospector.”

Experts with the US’ National Aeronautics and Space Administration have indicated that events similar to the June 22 impact occur “about once or twice a year.”

---
Kaboom! Splat!

Experts with the US’ National Aeronautics and Space Administration have indicated that events similar to the June 22 impact occur “about once or twice a year.”
I looked up their database Fireballs that lists the energy of fire balls registered since 1985 that is 33-34 years and there are only 26 events with an energy above 4.6 kt TNT. The one from June 22, comes in at place 21 with 6 kt. In the article they say 3-5 kt. One could note that above 3 kt there are 34 events. or about one to two events per year given the uneven distribution.

Translated using DeepL

Meteorite seen by Celle
The explanations of the ufologist Maggioni

This morning the skies of North Talia, around 10.38 a.m., were furrowed by a meteorite that left a trail, at times clearly visible. A short passage, a fraction of a second, is enough to leave its mark, as stated by A.R.I.A. - Associazione Italiana Ricerca Aliena (Italian Association for Alien Research), which has placed a monitoring cam right near Celle Ligure, pointed towards Genoa and is used by the founder of the association and Ligurian ufologist, Angelo Maggioni, who for research and study examines various passages of both identified and unidentified objects.

Already once the Cam captured the passage of a meteor whose direction was pointing, from Cuneo, towards Rome, this morning the yield was weak because the Sun partially covered the transit.

The ufologist Maggioni, very active throughout Italy, explains that about viruses, of which in these days we talk about more than anything else, some unknown quantities come from space, which can be transported by meteors, although it should be noted that most of them are neutralized on impact with our atmosphere, with combustion, but every day on our planet rains a few tons of alien bacteria, most of which are destroyed.

Some theories suggest that life on Earth was originated thanks to this rain, but among them there could be also dangerous agents that could not only affect but also modify diseases to which we humans would be immune or accustomed.

It's not the case with the recent coronavirus that some conspirators believe is the result of a laboratory manipulation released specifically to affect the Chinese and Italian economic system, but in this regard Maggioni explains: "I would say to go easy and provide adequate documentation. It is true that in my theories of life appeared on Earth, the fact and the belief that a part of us belongs to our universe plays a lot, that is, that a part of our DNA is closely related to the Earth and a part is closely related to the universe and this same part could also give life to alien forms on other planets. It is always fascinating to observe the passage of a meteor as long as it does not cause damage or danger to the existence of life forms".

Translated using DeepL

Mysterious luminous trail plows the skies between the provinces of Treviso and Venice

06 April 2020 16:35

"Some reports in the afternoon, shortly after 3.30pm, to the switchboards of some local radio stations including Piter Pan. "No calls to the switchboards of the fire department or Suem."

meteorite-1170x780-2.jpg

"Some have seen it in the area of San Donà, others between Roncade and Meolo, others in San Stino, not far from the motorway, and still in Gruaro and even in Villa del Conte, in Padua. Let's talk about the mysterious trail of light, perhaps a meteor, which in the afternoon today, shortly after 3.30 p.m., would have ploughed through the skies, especially between the provinces of Treviso and Venice. About ten telephone calls have reached some local radio stations, including radio Piter Pan. So far no reports have been recorded by the switchboards of Suem 118 and the fire brigade. The last similar sighting dates back to the end of February when a meteor was seen whizzing through the Veneto and most of the Balkans".

Back
Top Bottom