FOTCM Fundraiser! Get your 'cling on'!

This is a little off topic -

I do not know if you guys have considered this or not, but my local art theatre here uses the following company and has merchandise available for each of their productions. It is very good quality and it is easy to upload the image you want and the people can pick what they want from all sorts of different items. It may be another little income stream that may help FOTCM, without you all having to stock different items and ship.

I will be joining FOTCM at the beginning of next month and I know I personally would love to be able to get a t shirt or something in addition to the cling on.

A few of my past clients have also used this company for merchandise also.

The link is here: _http://www.cafepress.com/

Here is the link where you can create your own shop: _http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/index.aspx?area=learn&page=learn

If this is not appropriate for the thread please delete, but I thought it would be quick and easy way to add things for you all, and may help .

If not, members could make their own if they wanted to.

DanielS said:
Cool! Going to order 1 now.

I was wondering though, can they be used as bumper stickers too or are they only for windows?

Actually, the cling part is only on the back, so you cannot put it on the inside of a car window and have the design facing outwards. It must either go on the outside window or your bumper. It is removable.

Mrs. Peel said:
Actually, the cling part is only on the back, so you cannot put it on the inside of a car window and have the design facing outwards. It must either go on the outside window or your bumper. It is removable.

I've received mine a couple of days ago, which looked great, and this is a type of cling that I normally get to be put on my car. I've put it on the side of my car this morning and looks fabulous. I don't think I'd want the one for the inside because my back sides of my car are darkened (can see out, but not in), which one can't see the symbol from outside.

Thanks for the cling! :D

:cool:
this is so cool....I was thinking about the logo and my car...but I am planning to paint it on the hood

with acrylic house paint (it comes in so many shades and is UV protected/guaranteed to last 7 years :)
,I have painted quite a few of my cars over the years) but what is a good way to enlarge the logo to car bonnet size ?
I also started practicing drawing the logo with dry eraseable colored whiteboard markers on my glass sliding doors :)

how about larger ones on fridge magnet backing to put on your car doors...even as part of the EE teachers kit?

Mrs. Peel said:
DanielS said:
Cool! Going to order 1 now.

I was wondering though, can they be used as bumper stickers too or are they only for windows?

Maybe as a suggestion, we could have the choice between the cling part on the back or on the front. So it would be possible to put it either on the outside or the inside of the car.

rrraven said:
but what is a good way to enlarge the logo to car bonnet size ?

The logo on a transparent sheet and an overhead projector should work really well, if you can get your hands on one and rig it into the right position. Otherwise you could grab the logo and enlarge it in something like Gimp or Photoshop and have a print shop (a Kinko's type of place) print it out on plotter paper. Standard size in the US is usually 36" x 24" but you can get it in any length. Cut the logo out and use as a stencil.

Mr. Premise said:
Excellent idea! If I remember right, I think the Catholic Church has done pretty well with necklaces :lol:

Any jewelry makers out there?

Hi Mr. Premise,
I can help, even tho I'm still in the learning process, but I can do it. I just need the details in how you want it made. E-mail me if you like.
okiron

Hi Okiron,

I think if you are the artist, you should decide how you want it made. Maybe make some samples, post pictures of them here on the forum and see what feedback you get.

okiron said:
Mr. Premise said:
Excellent idea! If I remember right, I think the Catholic Church has done pretty well with necklaces :lol:

Hi Mr. Premise,
I can help, even tho I'm still in the learning process, but I can do it. I just need the details in how you want it made. E-mail me if you like.
okiron

from the very beginning I have had this vision/image in my mind of the logo as copper enamel jewelry of all sizes...cloak pins, belt buckles, rings, earrings, as center piece in a bracelet or necklace...I even felt an urge to get it tattooed somewhere like my wrist...I have no other tattoos so that is a strange one ,I am not so sure if I should follow that urge,lol,

Mr. Premise said:
Hi Okiron,

I think if you are the artist, you should decide how you want it made. Maybe make some samples, post pictures of them here on the forum and see what feedback you get.

okiron said:
Mr. Premise said:

Hi Mr. Premise,
okiron

Oh wow, my first project for FOTCM! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Please allow me some time to plan it all out, ok guys? Thx

rraven, can we first start out with pendants and see how that goes? :)

Edit=Quotes

Hello All,
Just to give you an update on the FOTCM Jewelry. I've tired clay models to cardboard cut outs, in hopes of finding the right size, shape and weight to be more cost effective. I'm still testing different models into molds and injecting a wax version of it before I can begin to take the next step of casting it into metal (silver), so this part, it seems to me, taking longer than I expected; with needing certain supplies and waiting for their arrival takes time plus, I can only work on it after I get off work and on my days off, so it's a slow process. But I hope, I'll have three working models to present to you all and have you choose one or all three... soon. Thanks for your patience. :)
okiron

Thanks for the update, okiron. Take your time. It's important that you enjoy the process! :cool2:

awesome, I'm off to buy 2, one for my car and one for my laptop, it will look heaps better than the apple logo :D

Clings that I ordered came in a few days ago.
It looks fabulous on the back of my car (much better and elegant than most of clings that I see on other cars) and it survived, without any problems, first heavy rains. ;D
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom