FOTCM Statement of Principles

Windmill knight said:
Serg said:
Laura said:
You might suddenly find yourself in agreement with their beliefs, yes?

No, and I don't want to. :)

Maybe Laura was subtly suggesting you to consider taking advantage of these exemptions in the law in order to exchange the military service for something more benign... Or maybe she wasn't. ;)

Or maybe she was. As Gurdjieff said, sincerity with everyone is weakness.

Laura said:
Windmill knight said:
Serg said:
Laura said:
You might suddenly find yourself in agreement with their beliefs, yes?

No, and I don't want to. :)

Maybe Laura was subtly suggesting you to consider taking advantage of these exemptions in the law in order to exchange the military service for something more benign... Or maybe she wasn't. ;)

Or maybe she was. As Gurdjieff said, sincerity with everyone is weakness.

Hmm... :evil:

I don't know what is worse. Once I had a chat with a religious man. He said a lot, I listen him. And he said that we all had to repent and to believe in Jesus(to accept him), because he shed his blood for our sins and the only way one can be saved is to believe in Jesus Christ, repent and follow what New Testament said. I asked him so what about the other people who believe in some other religion (Islam, Buddhism, ect) He replied that if they want to be saved they also had to do the same. Then I asked so what about different tribes, aborigines who had never seen the Bible, he said so that they couldn't be saved. It was unbelievable :evil: . However, he seems to be a good man.
On the other hand one of my relatives when he was in army, everybody were drug addicted and they forced other to do the same. He couldn't even write a letter home. But that somehow he did it and his mother moved him to another unit. And such stories there are a lot...
But I don't want to have brainwashing and have a lecture all the time I smoke, neither want to go to army. But there some other choices, for example continue studying.

Military service is officially compulsory in my country (Vietnam) as well. However, there are many loopholes that you can make use of. One of them is to continue study, as you mentioned. Another frequently used method is just to have good relationship with the guy in charge of enforcing the recruitment so that he conveniently forgets about it. Often the guy is just someone in the neighborhood picked by the local government to manage official affairs in that neighborhood. Of course, he has to have some suitable "qualities" to be picked for that job so some extra "diplomacy" is in order. As the saying goes: Wise as a serpent, gentle as a dove.

Serg said:
Hmm... :evil:

I don't know what is worse. Once I had a chat with a religious man. He said a lot, I listen him. And he said that we all had to repent and to believe in Jesus(to accept him), because he shed his blood for our sins and the only way one can be saved is to believe in Jesus Christ, repent and follow what New Testament said. I asked him so what about the other people who believe in some other religion (Islam, Buddhism, ect) He replied that if they want to be saved they also had to do the same. Then I asked so what about different tribes, aborigines who had never seen the Bible, he said so that they couldn't be saved. It was unbelievable :evil: . However, he seems to be a good man.
On the other hand one of my relatives when he was in army, everybody were drug addicted and they forced other to do the same. He couldn't even write a letter home. But that somehow he did it and his mother moved him to another unit. And such stories there are a lot...
But I don't want to have brainwashing and have a lecture all the time I smoke, neither want to go to army. But there some other choices, for example continue studying.

Do you have to join the church to say that you have their beliefs? If you don't have to have proof that you belong to the church, you just tell the recruitment officer that you do belong to the church and that it goes against your beliefs to kill another human being and to belong to a military agency, which is pretty much the truth, I think.

Nienna Eluch said:
Do you have to join the church to say that you have their beliefs? If you don't have to have proof that you belong to the church, you just tell the recruitment officer that you do belong to the church and that it goes against your beliefs to kill another human being and to belong to a military agency, which is pretty much the truth, I think.

It won't work here, it is very strict and it has to be documented.
And the young man has to pass the commission. It's a group of people (different doctors), they look if you have some health problem. We also here have to pass this commission every year at school. I have some heath problem. Not so long ago when I make heart 'check'(heart diagram?). I was a little worried and my heart beats faster, so the diagram showed that I have tachycardia. My heart had 95 beats per minute at that time. A few days ago I got nervous and worried and I checked my heart and it was 124beats/minute. But I don't think that this would be enough for military. :cool2:

Serg said:
Nienna Eluch said:

It won't work here, it is very strict and it has to be documented.
And the young man has to pass the commission. It's a group of people (different doctors), they look if you have some health problem. We also here have to pass this commission every year at school. I have some heath problem. Not so long ago when I make heart 'check'(heart diagram?). I was a little worried and my heart beats faster, so the diagram showed that I have tachycardia. My heart had 95 beats per minute at that time. A few days ago I got nervous and worried and I checked my heart and it was 124beats/minute. But I don't think that this would be enough for military. :cool2:

Maybe you can get a "baptisme" (or whatever they perform to initiate people) in some of those religions that don't go to military service, so that you have a legal paper if such is necessary. After all, you know inside you that it is a false thing, you just make them (both the religious people and government) believe that you really have those beliefs, and once the danger is over, you get out of it.

I think that in this case continuing studying may be a good idea and worth considering. You can try and apply for a free education, right?

Serg said:
I don't know what is worse. Once I had a chat with a religious man. He said a lot, I listen him. And he said that we all had to repent and to believe in Jesus(to accept him), because he shed his blood for our sins and the only way one can be saved is to believe in Jesus Christ, repent and follow what New Testament said. I asked him so what about the other people who believe in some other religion (Islam, Buddhism, ect) He replied that if they want to be saved they also had to do the same. Then I asked so what about different tribes, aborigines who had never seen the Bible, he said so that they couldn't be saved. It was unbelievable :evil: .

Hmmm. I used to ask my oh-so-Catholic mother that question all the time, her reply was exactly the same. Nice. :mad:

Keit said:
I think that in this case continuing studying may be a good idea and worth considering. You can try and apply for a free education, right?

I think that if it is possible, this sounds the least complicated solution. Good luck Serg, and keep us posted.

Keit said:

Yes I can try.

Alana said:
Keit said:

I think that if it is possible, this sounds the least complicated solution. Good luck Serg, and keep us posted.

Thank you Alana and thanks all for replies.

I just want to let you know that my problem with military service has been solved not so long ago.

Serg said:
I just want to let you know that my problem with military service has been solved not so long ago.

Well, Serg, this is great! Good for you.

Re: FOTCM Statement of Principles

Hello fellow CF members,

I am new to this world, having joined the Forum just today, although I have been diligently following the works of LKJ and crew for a couple years now, gratefully learning about their findings and finding them to be the first ever true seeming account of our reality. So it brings me great joy to find a group of people dedicated to discussing these findings and looking to emancipate themselves from this mess we may now find ourselves in… so without further ado, my first inquiry:

After having read the manifesto of the FOTCM (a breathtaking document to say the least) I have one question that is more mechanical than theological…it is in reference to this passage:

"6.4. On the Use of Drugs
…nicotine ingested by smoking tobacco facilitates the uptake of naturally occurring acetylcholine in the brain. Through the enhancement of frontal cortex activity, smoking helps the individual to think, which is the foundation for true spiritual Seeing. Patches and other artificial methods of ingestion are ineffective at best and detrimental at worst. This makes it clear why pathocracies seek to stamp out the use of tobacco. They fear a thinking populace. Benefits derived from smoking tobacco may greatly vary from individual to individual."

I too am a strong proponent of the use of nicotine as an "mini enlightener" if you will and a while back, read the work of Jeremy Narby (The Cosmic Serpent) only to be even more convinced that there was a useful relationship between the chemistry of the brain and that of tobacco. But I always struggled with the fact that cigarette's "enlightenment" came hand in hand with what felt like a "petite mort" in the inhalation of the smoke. Add to this that most commercial cigs are packed full of chemicals not intended by mother nature. Then came the invention of the electronic cigarette. I found this to be a great gift. Although not as completely "satisfying" as a analog cigarette I find it to still do the job of providing me the grounding(?)/lift(?)/pause(?) that comes with smoking. Plus, as i have finally found one (a modification of those sold to the general public) that for all intents and purposes feels like smoking…the puff of smoke, the deliverance of nicotine, the "inspiration" that is at the heart of smoking…without that light moment of darkness that I find often follows the traditional combustion method.

So my question: what do those in the know among the FOTCM and this forum think about e-cigs and there relationship to the clause in 6.4 that "artificial methods of ingestion are ineffective at best and detrimental at worst" when it comes to a properly functioning electronic cigarette? I honestly can say, through frequent practice of both methods, find it to be a useful surrogate. Ideally I would grow my own tobacco again and try to overcome my own slightly obsessive abuse in relation to this useful habit. But in the mean time I have to say, I feel i have found a reasonable format to "facilitate the uptake of naturally occurring acetylcholine" in my brain…but i am still learning and could be deluding myself. I know the e-cig is a new invention so i imagine less studies exist on it's true effects. I can only site my own personal research.

any thoughts?

ps. my apologies if this is the wrong thread for this question. please let me know if so and where i should have gone.

I have a couple electronic cigarettes that I carry in my bag in case I want one in a place that forbids them. I just don't like them. I'd say they are close enough to regular cigarettes...

I've used both patches and e-cigarettes when I have days when it's very inconvenient to smoke.
They both do the job as nicotine delivery systems but of the two I prefer patches. Just put one on in the morning and forget about it. The e-cigarette I have seems on the weak side even with the "high nicotine" cartridges.

Back
Top Bottom